Wegher, Robinson and Hampton??

Wow, you're quite a piece of work. Wanna get down to the root causes of why this is happening in inner cities? Oh wait, you're a racist piece of trash so you wouldn't be interested in that.

While important and in need of being addressed, the root causes are irrelevent to this discussion. We message board posters aren't in the business of writing policy prescriptions for societal ills.

We, instead, are here to discuss the unfortunate path that three former Hawkeye football players are taking. Forgive me for pointing out that this unfortunate path has a documented history of turning out poorly for African American males, though it does. No race card playing or discussion of why uneducated, drug using African American males are struggling is going to change the current reality that these kids need to start making better decisions...and quick.

504101_widget.jpg

Our point is that this does not mean they are going to end up in jail in years down the road. Because someone chooses to leave a football team to support a newborn or has a change in a life situation, does not mean the % of them ending up in jail in the future is high.

No, their future isn't pre-determined. They have the opportunity to turn things around. But the path they have been on of late isn't encouraging.

Leaving a football team wouldn't be my concern with these three. My concern would be the drug use in the cases of Hamption and Robinson, the apparent shrinking chances of a college degree for Robinson and Robinson finding himself in regular run-ins with the law. Lets not pretend that Hampton and Robinson are supporting a newborn or having a change in a life situation...they're getting in trouble. And let's hope that those close to them are trying to get them back on track rather than making excuses for them like many of the posters in this thread would. The price that Wegher will pay for bad decisions may not have the consequences of the other two as it sounds like he is from money and has a family business he can fall back on.

Did you not hear they're black and smoke reefer.

and have been kicked off their team, dropped out of school, been in trouble with the law, etc.

I really hope you're not a parent. No discipline in that household, just a lot of excuse making when Junior screws up yet again. Let me guess, you must be a Gen X parent?

and have been kicked off their team, dropped out of school, been in trouble with the law, etc.

I really hope you're not a parent. No discipline in that household, just a lot of excuse making when Junior screws up yet again. Let me guess, you must be a Gen X parent?

Wegher and Hampton both weren't kicked off the team. Hampton is currently enrolled at Southern Illinois.

Not quite sure how any of this has to do with my parenting.

While important and in need of being addressed, the root causes are irrelevent to this discussion. We message board posters aren't in the business of writing policy prescriptions for societal ills.

We, instead, are here to discuss the unfortunate path that three former Hawkeye football players are taking. Forgive me for pointing out that this unfortunate path has a documented history of turning out poorly for African American males, though it does. No race card playing or discussion of why uneducated, drug using African American males are struggling is going to change the current reality that these kids need to start making better decisions...and quick.

No... I'd say it's pretty relevant to the main issue that you were bringing up earlier. You are clearly bringing those statistics into this discussion and basing your wayyyy off-base presumptions on said statistics. Just because a guy likes to smoke a little weed does not mean that his life is doomed as you're suggesting. I'm doing pretty fine myself. Anywho, you've outted yourself as a d*ck so thanks for that. Now I can make sure to ignore any of your future posts as it seems like you don't have anything worthwhile to bring to the table.

Last edited:
Wegher and Hampton both weren't kicked off the team. Hampton is currently enrolled at Southern Illinois.

Not quite sure how any of this has to do with my parenting.

I wasn't talking about your parenting. I was talking about your lack of parenting.

Yeah, Hampton wasn't kicked off the team. ;) He left the team in the same way that many troubled CEO's "pursue other career opportunities" after being given the choice of 1) quitting or 2) being fired.

I wasn't talking about your parenting. I was talking about your lack of parenting.

Yeah, Hampton wasn't kicked off the team. ;) He left the team in the same way that many troubled CEO's "pursue other career opportunities" after being given the choice of 1) quitting or 2) being fired.

What are you talking about?

No... I'd say it's pretty relevant to the main issue that you were bringing up earlier. You are clearly bringing those statistics into this discussion and basing your wayyyy off-base presumptions on said statistics. Just because a guy likes to smoke a little weed does not mean that his life is doomed as you're suggesting. I'm doing pretty fine myself. Anywho, you've outted yourself as a d*ck so thanks for that. Now I can make sure to ignore any of your future posts as it seems like you don't bring anything worthwhile to the table.

The weed smokers are always so very, very sensitive. I'll try to handle you with Gen X kid gloves...

Mr. Legalize It, you are right that someone isn't doomed just because they smoke a little weed. Of course the term "a little weed", doesn't apply to Hampton but that's beside the point. The problem is when smoking weed is combined with getting in trouble and not having an education. You see this may come to a shock to you, but reputable businesses don't like hiring folks with no education and a criminal record. And if a business won't hire you, that makes it tought to get a job. That's a problem because that's how most people get the money need to surive or prosper. And without money, things become a little desperate. Desperation, in turn, leads to more poor decisions. And enough poor decision eventually lead to jail.

An aside: If weed is your big issue, don't be so sensative and thin-skinned about it. Be proud of it.

The weed smokers are always so very, very sensitive. I'll try to handle you with Gen X kid gloves...

Mr. Legalize It, you are right that someone isn't doomed just because they smoke a little weed. Of course the term "a little weed", doesn't apply to Hampton but that's beside the point. The problem is when smoking weed is combined with getting in trouble and not having an education. You see this may come to a shock to you, but reputable businesses don't like hiring folks with no education and a criminal record. And if a business won't hire you, that makes it tought to get a job. That's a problem because that's how most people get the money need to surive or prosper. And without money, things become a little desperate. Desperation, in turn, leads to more poor decisions. And enough poor decision eventually lead to jail.

An aside: If weed is your big issue, don't be so sensative and thin-skinned about it. Be proud of it.

once again...he's in school.

You're pathetic.

Jon, I dont post alot just read alot but please get this garbage off of HN just like the UI got rid of the 3 trash cans your talking about they are gone get over it who cares what happens with them.... I have seen some comments that should get the banhammer for SURE!!!

Go Hawks

You're right there with JRHawks5969. Both should get banned.

You keep trying to defend your racist remarks by using statistics, but all your doing is digging yourself a deeper hole. Just stop now, this thread will get removed anyways.

You keep trying to defend your racist remarks by using statistics, but all your doing is digging yourself a deeper hole. Just stop now, this thread will get removed anyways.

Is there anything more weak and pathetic than a message board poster demanding a thread be removed or someone be banned? Come on, brother. That's major weak. Stop being such a wuss.

As for this thread, I wouldn't be so sure it will be removed. I seem to remember Jon complaining about a society that is too politically correct.

Is there anything more weak and pathetic than a message board poster demanding a thread be removed or someone be banned? Come on, brother. That's major weak. Stop being such a wuss.

As for this thread, I wouldn't be so sure it will be removed. I seem to remember Jon complaining about a society that is too politically correct.

Too politically correct? You are slandering their names by assuming they will end up in jail. And I wasn't demanding that this thread be removed, I simply stated that it probably would be because this thread is not contributing to the "Football Board."

wow, everyone take two or three steps back.

this smells like it has "coker" thread potential.

independent arbiter here that read the whole thread thinks your ridiculous for trying to argue or defend your opinion. stop posting about race/social/economical issues of a 18-23 year old. to belittle a current/former student-athlete is mentally wrong.

wow, everyone take two or three steps back.

this smells like it has "coker" thread potential.

independent arbiter here that read the whole thread thinks your ridiculous for trying to argue or defend your opinion. stop posting about race/social/economical issues of a 18-23 year old. to belittle a current/former student-athlete is mentally wrong.

Nah, I think this one will fizzle out shortly (hopefully) because most of us are figuring out that you can't talk ignorance and racism out of some people.

Latest posts