Wegher, Robinson and Hampton??

This is a pathetic, useless thread.

I wish people on this message board would limit their comments to the team in general, or the coaches, or opponents, or an analysis of past or future games. Making personal comments about current or former players (who are often still kids, and still trying to find their way) is just wrong. Period. And then to do it on an anonymous basis, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

And to top it off, many of the critical comments are just plain wrong.

Why comment about a kid's personal life? What purpose does it serve? I don't get it.:(

Is it unfair to lump Wegher in with Hamption and Robinson? Maybe. But let's fact it, the guy has exhibited erratic behavior and is not exactly a sure bet to graduate from college. Let's hope the Wegher family business is as successful as some claim, because it might be Brandon's best (only?) chance at success.

Because someone doesn't go to college/finish college they will not be a success or will go to jail?

so your saying if a person doesn't graduate from college they can't be successful? again another nice generalization...

I'd like to think on how good we'd be if those three had kept their nose clean and were all coming back this year.

I'd say Jewell would be the premier back, Wegher an excellent #2 with ARob fighting it out with Coker for playing time as #3.

What a pity, really, for the Iowa program.

I'd like to think on how good we'd be if those three had kept their nose clean and were all coming back this year.

I'd say Jewell would be the premier back, Wegher an excellent #2 with ARob fighting it out with Coker for playing time as #3.

Again, How did Jewel and Wegher not "keep their nose clean"?

Jewel tore his ACL and Wegher made a difficult decision to deal with personal issues over playing football.

so your saying if a person doesn't graduate from college they can't be successful? again another nice generalization...

The chances of someone being successful without a college degree are significantly less than with a college degree. This is not even a disputable point.

The thought of Coker being behind Wegher on the depth chart is laughable.

Jewel tore his ACL and Wegher made a difficult decision to deal with personal issues over playing football.

Do you really think Hampton left the Iowa program on his own terms? It is a fact that he did not.

Jewel = DJK clone = in/out of the doghouse
Wegher = 3 preggers in one semester. Didn't have to transfer at all...no value added to his leaving regarding his 'situation'

The thought of Coker being behind Wegher on the depth chart is laughable.

#1--Wegher would have had 2 full seasons under his belt. Coker probably none. Coker is good, no doubt. But he was handed the job considering the three ahead of him faltered.

#2--Check your history with KF's dealings with players...all things being equal, more senior players play...for a whole host of reasons.

Jewell Hampton is a daily user/abuser of marijuana. This is a FACT and is a big reason he is no longer in the Iowa program. Whether you're a part of the legalize it crowd or not, it is illegal and is going to cause Jewell problems going forward. Clear enough?
You'd have to be a complete moron not to make the connection between law-breaking and negative consequences. Oh wait, I see this comment was aimed at the drug dealer on this website. Good luck getting his mind to appreciate anything other than illegal drugs.

Jewel = DJK clone = in/out of the doghouse
Wegher = 3 preggers in one semester. Didn't have to transfer at all...no value added to his leaving regarding his 'situation'

3 chicks pregnant in a 4 month span. That can't be right. One is definite, the other is a rumor, where did this 3rd come from? As one poster pointed out I hate discussing these kids personal lives, with that said, my gawd, if that in fact is true he became a Daddy 3X over in a 4 month span.:eek:

You'd have to be a complete moron not to make the connection between law-breaking and negative consequences. Oh wait, I see this comment was aimed at the drug dealer on this website. Good luck getting his mind to appreciate anything other than illegal drugs.

Are you serious? Go look at his posts, I don't see anything where he says he is a drug dealer or anything saying that he doesn't make the connection between law-breaking and negative consequences. The "JRHawks5969" guy is slandering their names assuming so many things about people he doesn't even know outside of what people have written about them or what they have done on the football field.

3 chicks pregnant in a 4 month span. That can't be right. One is definite, the other is a rumor, where did this 3rd come from? As one poster pointed out I hate discussing these kids personal lives, with that said, my gawd, if that in fact is true he became a Daddy 3X over in a 4 month span.:eek:

The legend of Brandon Wegher. Much like any tall tale, the original facts keep getting added onto until sooner or later we will find out Wegher impregnated all the volleyball, girls basketball, and girls golf team, plus four or five sorority chicks.

Latest posts