Wegher going to OK to play for Stoops

I find it hard to believe that he was a clear third RB behind JEWEL. I liked JEWEL he ran with a lot of heart and played above what I thought his talent level was. Regardless if I never hear the name Wegher again it will be too soon. I don't wish anything bad on him just would like to forget he was a hawk. We really could have used him this year.

Fixed it for you.

Wegher is a great athlete and Iowa needed him, but they didn't need him at RB in August. Wegher was told in August that he was going to be #3 at RB on the depth chart. Why? Because he was our third best back....

#3 at RB, coupled with the Coker being only a freshman, meant changing positions. Wegher was unwilling to do this so he transferred.

End of discussion.

Wegher didnt' transfer until the season was over. Discussion still open.

So you are saying that moving from Iowa to Oklahoma isn't a step up?

I definitely think he could have been a good Big Ten player. But, I think his talents are better suited for the Big 12. That's not a slight against him or the Big 12. But he's not a power back by any means, and speed definitely has a prominent place in the Big 12.

That is contrary to someone else's story above saying that he wanted to move to safety.

But, at the end of the day, I suppose he isn't B10 material, only B12 material.

He's RB material in the right system. He's slot material in the right system. He's free safety material in the right system.

Wegher is a great athlete and Iowa needed him, but they didn't need him at RB in August. Wegher was told in August that he was going to be #3 at RB on the depth chart. Why? Because he was our third best back....

#3 at RB, coupled with the Coker being only a freshman, meant changing positions. Wegher was unwilling to do this so he transferred.

End of discussion.

uh, no.

do you really think that KF was comfortable with Arob, Hampton coming off an ACL, and two freshmen, one of whom was coming off an ACL?

KF loved brandon at RB and in this case needed him to stay there. normally the staff is very open to the players' input as far as position goes.

of course, ferentz ended up being right. we needed him at RB.

End of discussion.

It's cute when you act like you know much about football.

uh, no.

do you really think that KF was comfortable with Arob, Hampton coming off an ACL, and two freshmen, one of whom was coming off an ACL?

KF loved brandon at RB and in this case needed him to stay there. normally the staff is very open to the players' input as far as position goes.

of course, ferentz ended up being right. we needed him at RB.

9 year plan - don't talk logic with the all-knowing.

Iowa has never been in a RB position where the ranks were thin. have they? hmmm, can't remember. Was it just that way the prior year? and seemingly every year of the KF era, or at least every other year? Yeah, 3 backs is too many.

It's cute when you act like you know much about football.

Mike, how dare you disrespect Kaldenberg. He has more Football knowledge in his pinky toe then you do in your whole brain. This is the guy who can spot mid season starters on mopeds. You better take your Moped scouting bashing someplace else, because it is not warranted.

(Please not the sarcasm.)

Well, I think he will go and sit for stoops for a bit. I would assume he still has to sit on a D1 to D1 transfer? He did have a scholorship for half of this year didn't he. Either way and for whatever reason, I would have liked to see him here and not there. He knows the big 12 sucks right?

Well, I think he will go and sit for stoops for a bit. I would assume he still has to sit on a D1 to D1 transfer? He did have a scholorship for half of this year didn't he. Either way and for whatever reason, I would have liked to see him here and not there. He knows the big 12 sucks right?

I thought this too, but apparently he is walking on. No sitting out a year for him.

Ok, enough with these stupid rumors, here is the real deal on the Wegher thing:

Brandon wanted to live close to his baby, he wanted to play both safety and running back simultaniously, and he wanted to live closer to the home of his team mates sister that he was sleeping with. That sister, coincidentally, moved to Norman, while his baby was having asthma issues and needed to live in a drier climate, while simultaniously Oklahoma opened up an ironman competition. All of the pieces fit...

www.sportales.com/therealwegherstory

Latest posts