Wegher going to OK to play for Stoops

Most people don't do things to intentionally **** people off but sometimes it's an unintended consequence of the actions people do. I'm sure I wasn't the only one this year who watched our running back situation and quietly mumbled to themselves, "why the **** did Wegher leave again?"

You're right but some here seem to be taking this quite personally. If the kid doesn't want to be here, leave. I'd rather have kids who want to work hard, represent their school well and take pride in their team. Let the rest for to UNI.

Cam Newton is your source? Or did Cecil Newton try to get money for Wegher?

No...LOL. I heard his dads construction co. was in dire straights and some OU boosters dug deep to persuade his dad to get him to OU, BUT, BW doesnt know this so lets keep it quiet.

Masoli from Oregon to Ole Miss. I believe the justification there was that he was supposedly transferring because Oregon didn't offer his desired major and Miss did (yeah right).
So perhaps Ok has a major that Iowa doesn't offer like above water basket weaving instead of Iowa's under water basket weaving.

Iowa does offer this. Ask Ronnie Harmon.

Masoli had to get his waiver approved by the NCAA. he actually had to appeal the initial ruling.

marcus binns is a pretty damn RB that transferred from one of the ND schools. he is brod's younger brother. even though he is a walkon, he could not participate in games this year.

in the simplest terms, wegher quitting had little to do with his new baby. he wanted to switch to safety because he realized that was his shot at the NFL. he also wanted to live in a home purchased for him by his dad. the staff disagreed with both (his grades were bad), so he quit. thats about it. no big conspiracy.

in the simplest terms, wegher quitting had little to do with his new baby. he wanted to switch to safety because he realized that was his shot at the NFL. he also wanted to live in a home purchased for him by his dad. the staff disagreed with both (his grades were bad), so he quit. thats about it. no big conspiracy.

9yr - do you know if arob has a sister?

Masoli had to get his waiver approved by the NCAA. he actually had to appeal the initial ruling.

marcus binns is a pretty damn RB that transferred from one of the ND schools. he is brod's younger brother. even though he is a walkon, he could not participate in games this year.

Masoli is a much different story because he had already completed his undergrad degree. The rule that you must spend a year enrolled academically before you can play doesn't apply if the graduate program is not offered at the school you came from. Walk on or not, Wegher wouldn't be eligible in 2011.

(of course, we all know Masoli wasn't at Ole Miss for the MA)

Wegher is a great athlete and Iowa needed him, but they didn't need him at RB in August. Wegher was told in August that he was going to be #3 at RB on the depth chart. Why? Because he was our third best back....

#3 at RB, coupled with the Coker being only a freshman, meant changing positions. Wegher was unwilling to do this so he transferred.

End of discussion.

Wegher is a great athlete and Iowa needed him, but they didn't need him at RB in August. Wegher was told in August that he was going to be #3 at RB on the depth chart. Why? Because he was our third best back....

#3 at RB, coupled with the Coker being only a freshman, meant changing positions. Wegher was unwilling to do this so he transferred.

End of discussion.

That is contrary to someone else's story above saying that he wanted to move to safety.

But, at the end of the day, I suppose he isn't B10 material, only B12 material.

I'm sorry, but until I hear the reason in a candid statement made by Wegher (with a hidden mic in the room), I'm not going to believe anything that any of you throw out as the reason for him leaving. Not one person here actually knows. Somebody's story might be the right one, but with all the stories out there, ONE of them is bound to be right. But that person doesn't know that they're right.

I find it hard to believe that he was a clear third RB behind ARob. I liked ARob he ran with a lot of heart and played above what I thought his talent level was. Regardless if I never hear the name Wegher again it will be too soon. I don't wish anything bad on him just would like to forget he was a hawk. We really could have used him this year.

Just a question to ponder: did Ferentz or anyone on the Iowa staff help get BW to the program of a friend and former Hawkeye teammate?

Latest posts