Wegher going to OK to play for Stoops

I believe that he has to sit out another year correct? That's 2 years away from football. And I think he would lose a year of eligibility so he won't play til he's a junior and then how rusty could he be?

wegher never said he was moving closer to home

I was about to mention that. That was just the assumption we all made. He never said that's what he wanted. If you all want to be bitter about this, at least keep it pertained to the things he actually did.

I believe that he has to sit out another year correct? That's 2 years away from football. And I think he would lose a year of eligibility so he won't play til he's a junior and then how rusty could he be?

He's walking on which means no scholarship. He can play right away.

Before everyone jumps on the kid, consider this. Stoops seems to have great respect for Ferentz. A few months ago he said if his own kid wanted to play college football, he'd send them to Coach Ferentz. My guess is Stoops wouldn't take Wegher if Ferentz didn't give some kind of blessing or offer some sort of favorable opinion of BW.

I was about to mention that. That was just the assumption we all made. He never said that's what he wanted. If you all want to be bitter about this, at least keep it pertained to the things he actually did.

Even getting past the assumptions then there are still things to be bitter about over this. I don't take stands too often but this has me irked off a little here. We could have used an experienced RB this season with JH going down and then ARob getting banged up, and even more so going into next season since we only have on back with limited experience. I have no clue what went down between the team and Wegher but from where I stand and from what I can see it looks pretty selfish to me that he would walk away from his team and leave them hanging. And to rub the salt in even more he decides to walk on to another BCS team.

Even getting past the assumptions then there are still things to be bitter about over this. I don't take stands too often but this has me irked off a little here. We could have used an experienced RB this season with JH going down and then ARob getting banged up, and even more so going into next season since we only have on back with limited experience. I have no clue what went down between the team and Wegher but from where I stand and from what I can see it looks pretty selfish to me that he would walk away from his team and leave them hanging. And to rub the salt in even more he decides to walk on to another BCS team.

Like I said, if you want to be bitter about how he ditched the team, that's fine. Just don't be bitter because he "lied" to us. Because he never said he was going closer to home, we just assumed he would.

You do realize he's not doing this to pi$$ you off, right? He's probably a kid who had some issues, is making the best of his home situation and has the chance to play football awhile longer in a school that might fit him better.

Like I said, if you want to be bitter about how he ditched the team, that's fine. Just don't be bitter because he "lied" to us. Because he never said he was going closer to home, we just assumed he would.

You're right. It's easy to jump to conclusions when you don't have all the facts, and to complicate things there were an ample amount of rumors going around regarding everything. When you don't have all the facts people are left to their own imagination to fill in the blanks. In any case, I do stand by my reaction to this, he left us hanging for whatever reasons and it's insulting that he is now going to walk on to another BCS team. At least he didn't walk on to another B10 team or ISU.

not true. see marcus binns this year.
Masoli from Oregon to Ole Miss. I believe the justification there was that he was supposedly transferring because Oregon didn't offer his desired major and Miss did (yeah right).
So perhaps Ok has a major that Iowa doesn't offer like above water basket weaving instead of Iowa's under water basket weaving.

Last edited:
You do realize he's not doing this to pi$$ you off, right? He's probably a kid who had some issues, is making the best of his home situation and has the chance to play football awhile longer in a school that might fit him better.

Most people don't do things to intentionally **** people off but sometimes it's an unintended consequence of the actions people do. I'm sure I wasn't the only one this year who watched our running back situation and quietly mumbled to themselves, "why the **** did Wegher leave again?"

Latest posts