Weather

That the thing, Purdue is a talented and well coached football team. They won't be intimidated by a top ten team or a cold weather game in their stadium. They probably expect to pull out the upset at this point.

There is so much wrong with this post that I don't know if you're serious. But you do know the game is at Kinnick, right?

I was at that game. Wore my ski gear, sans skis

dumb_dumber_ski.png

One of the most fun games I've ever attended. The Minnesota game in '91. Danan Hughes doing snow angels in the end zone after scoring a touchdown. All morning long on the TV & radio stations in eastern Iowa people were advised not to go to the game. The stands weren't even shoveled out & were not even half-full. There was nobody taking tickets & everybody sat where they wanted. It took us forever to go from Cedar Rapids to Iowa City. As a consequence, we didn't start the grill until after the game.

Beautiful weather for a football game. My concerns are regardless of the advantage we have on the ground I only see weather like this leveling the playing field and closing the gap in terms of skill. I also wonder how this might affect the recovery time of the players after an already short week before Nebby.

Hopefully the forecast is wrong like it is half the winter. Amazing how the forecast earlier in the week looked miserable for a home game and now I'd take those conditions in a minute.

According to Weatherbug, the snow will end by the time we wake up Saturday. Game time 27 degrees and partly cloudy.

Biggest fear I have is someone like CJ getting injured (or further injured) in slippery conditions. That would be a shame. Can't see Iowa losing this one no matter the conditions though.

I already called the upset. The cold weather is going to end the Hawkeye's undefeated season before the game with Purdue even starts. This is a team that scored fifty points on a B1G defense earlier this season. They have a quarterback who will Blough you away..... with his skills!

I think we can beat Purdue with Wiegers.

Anyone know how they clear the snow on field turf?

turf-pusher-features-image.jpg

Turf Plows.

However given the amount of snow Iowa city is going to get, they will have to remove it out thru the tunnels and then load it out into dump trucks. The stadium turf crew will be working all night friday and saturday morning just to have the field playable.

I could actually see them postpone the game until 230 or later due to the snow

Last edited:
turf-pusher-features-image.jpg

Turf Plows.

However given the amount of snow Iowa city is going to get, they will have to remove it out thru the tunnels and then load it out into dump trucks. The stadium turf crew will be working all night friday and saturday morning just to have the field playable.

I could actually see them postpone the game until 230 or later due to the snow
I imagine they just don't worry about the lost rubber when they have to do it...
Looks like the snow should be done by 10am ish.

I attended the Michigan game in November 2013, the coldest game on record in Kinnick, & Iowa won.
I was at that game too. With me being from Tennessee, I'm not all that use to cold weather like it was that day in Kinnick. My uncle and cousin from Iowa was laughing their butts off, telling me welcome to the BIG Ten! I still haven't thawed out completely

Latest posts