We have 4 schollys and 0 verbals right?

Settle down dude. I thought maybe you'd seen them play since you "know" who has more potential.

it's assumed were all just fans with hypotheses

I'd argue that uhl has better potential, because he's not as physically mature as cunningham but has a very developed skill set.

there is a full game worth of uhl footage out there. yes, you'd need to see several games, but he's a very intriguing prospect. i've made the snarky argument that ellingson's upside looks to be paul lusk. put 30 pounds on uhl (which might be difficult, granted) and you have aaron white with a better handle and a jump shot.

until I get that ban, man.

We get it that you are very upset about this whole thing. The question is why let if freak you out? I mean it is what it is. Having an internet hissy fit isn't going to change anything.

The thing is I actually agree with you, the recruiting so far this year is very, very disappointing. I just am not going to go down the internet hissy fit road with ya bro.

Sounds like Temple probably leads for Uhl. LaChance to Vandy. This class is just one big swing and a miss at this point. Back to the drawing board for Fran. Look for late bloomers now, Fran. There is a shooting guard at Simeon HS in Chicago that Joe Hendricksen is touting. Yarbrough is also a guy to pursue. Clark...yes. Dickerson, the juco guard out in ND...yes....make lemonade, Fran....

What's the difference between Uhl and Ikenna Okwarabizie? From other posts it sounded like if Iowa offered, Ok would be a Hawk. He's only a 2 star, but it sounds like he's is cut from the same cloth as Gabe. Get him in here and develop him like Gabe. (Yes .. Fran HAS developed a player!!)

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

What's the difference between Uhl and Ikenna Okwarabizie? From other posts it sounded like if Iowa offered, Ok would be a Hawk. He's only a 2 star, but it sounds like he's is cut from the same cloth as Gabe. Get him in here and develop him like Gabe. (Yes .. Fran HAS developed a player!!)

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

That super tall dude at East HS here in Sioux City sure is interesting as a developmental prospect, but i'm not sure Iowa is in need of those. though, if you have schollies left, it certainly won't hurt.

apparently if you aren't throwing a fit then you are excited about this class according to some. yes, it's a down class. is it worth going nuts over, not in my opinion.

That super tall dude at East HS here in Sioux City sure is interesting as a developmental prospect, but i'm not sure Iowa is in need of those. though, if you have schollies left, it certainly won't hurt.

apparently if you aren't throwing a fit then you are excited about this class according to some. yes, it's a down class. is it worth going nuts over, not in my opinion.
I agree. All I meant was that I'd heard some good things about him. Similar to Gabe when he came on campus. Tall and very athletic but very raw when it comes to basketball. If we've got an extra scholly, why not offer and then redshirt him? If he develops even half as much GO, he'll be very serviceable.

Here's some light reading about him. Sounds like he's not power conference ready and has few offers from them, but if all he needs is time to develop like GO, I say go after him.

Again, just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

who would you rather sign -- uhl or josh cunningham? for upside, uhl.

Stop embarassing yourself. Cunningham can actually guard his position - RIGHT NOW, not potentially guard it 2 years from now if he gets bigger and tougher. Any coach out there would rather have the former over the latter considering there is no guarantee it ever happens down the road.

brady is the next jimmer!

this place is seriously fecal headed.

You have to be trolling...

The Hawks are about a month out from tipping off with what should be the best team in maybe 15 years and you are pulling the chicken little card on recruiting?

That is rich!

Thankfully TL left Fran such a nest full of players to build around. Right?

You have to be trolling...

The Hawks are about a month out from tipping off with what should be the best team in maybe 15 years and you are pulling the chicken little card on recruiting?

That is rich!

Thankfully TL left Fran such a nest full of players to build around. Right?

Marble and Gatens weren't so bad.

Lick's problem was retention.

Stop embarassing yourself. Cunningham can actually guard his position - RIGHT NOW, not potentially guard it 2 years from now if he gets bigger and tougher. Any coach out there would rather have the former over the latter considering there is no guarantee it ever happens down the road.

"embarassing"

lol.

Marble and Gatens weren't so bad.

Lick's problem was retention.

You seriously think TL's problem was retention?

What player that he recruited and left had any impact anywhere else, that is embarrassing that you typed that.

Marble and Gatens are good, but TL didn't really recruit a whole bunch of talent to begin with.

What player that he recruited and left had any impact anywhere else, that is embarrassing that you typed that.

Marble and Gatens are good, but TL didn't really recruit a whole bunch of talent to begin with.

TL was awful, and had multiple problems, including recruiting. I should have said, retention was, perhaps, his biggest problem. But he had a lot of warts.

It would have taken a disaster for Gatens to not be a Hawk. That being said, if it wasn't Lick's first year, things might have been different. Marble was a historic legacy and Iowa was by far his best offer. In other words, these were not normal Lick recruits.

cunningham = better player now

uhl = better prospect

like drafting -- projecting upside can lead to inflated value, but the underdeveloped athlete with skills can end up being the better prospect

that's been the argument

deal with it

cunningham = better player now

uhl = better prospect

like drafting -- projecting upside can lead to inflated value, but the underdeveloped athlete with skills can end up being the better prospect

that's been the argument

deal with it

Cunningham is a WAY better athlete with equal skills yet Uhl is a top 60 player with more upside according to you? "Deal with it?" The videos and evaluations by real experts are there for everyone to see. You clearly look like a fool that has the objectivity of Herby. Deal with it!

Latest posts