We have 4 schollys and 0 verbals right?

Given Fran's track record on recruiting and his eye for talent, if we lose Ulis, so what? Yeah, he is a player and I would love to have him come to Iowa. But, we are no longer in the category of teams that relies on a "must get" recruit.

Given Fran's track record on recruiting and his eye for talent, if we lose Ulis, so what? Yeah, he is a player and I would love to have him come to Iowa. But, we are no longer in the category of teams that relies on a "must get" recruit.

Main issue I have is getting a highly recruited point out if Chicago would have been huge for the program. It's not necessarily Ulis, it's What Ulis represents.

If Ulis does indeed go to Kentucky, it is frustrating, but not the end of the world. It is a guard's game and Iowa has a lack of depth at the guard position. It doesn't matter what position they all play, but if they can play. Iowa does not have enough good guards on the roster at this time and getting Ulis would be huge.

What will bother me is that Ulis is like every other kid, again if he does go to Kentucky, that didn't go to Iowa since Fran has been there. Talk the talk about what you want out of a coach and then don't go to play for a coach you say fits the description of what you are looking for. I don't think Fran promises a whole lot of things and that is something I appreciate. Fran is honest with kids and if they don't come to Iowa then either they don't like the truth or they are enamored by the show that other schools put on for them.

Each kid has to do what they feel is right for them. Win some, lose some. Having said that, it's not over until Rosanne Barr sings the national anthem. Surprise everyone tomorrow and announce your a Hawkeye.

I know what you're saying and truthfully I completely agree. As an Iowa fan I expect this type of thing to happen. In fact this is the second time his fall something like this has happened. I feel the most upset for Fran because he worked his @$$ off for this one and I feel like he was mislead by the Ulis'. Everything they said that was important to them ended up being a load of $h!t.

I don't think Iowa was misled. Kentucky came in very late; that's usually going to be a pretty game-changing event in the recruiting process. If he does go to Kentucky, Iowa fans shouldn't feel as though he lied to them or strung them along.

I don't think Iowa was misled. Kentucky came in very late; that's usually going to be a pretty game-changing event in the recruiting process. If he does go to Kentucky, Iowa fans shouldn't feel as though he lied to them or strung them along.

As soon as KY offered he knew exactly where he was going to go. He and daddy lobbied for the KY offer. When that happened it was game over. Everyone knew it, yet he still vomited the same bullish!t about family atmosphere and relationship with his head coach. When you go out of your way to make a statement or create an impression with no intention of fulfilling, that is considered being misleading. Worst of all he turned his back on the guy that truly believed in him.

As soon as KY offered he knew exactly where he was going to go. He and daddy lobbied for the KY offer. When that happened it was game over. Everyone knew it, yet he still vomited the same bullish!t about family atmosphere and relationship with his head coach. When you go out of your way to make a statement or create an impression with no intention of fulfilling, that is considered being misleading. Worst of all he turned his back on the guy that truly believed in him.

Oh for ****'s sake. Get some Preparation H and have yourself a beer.

Its amazing how bent out of shape people get in regards to the recruitment of 17 and 18 year old kids. Of course they are going to drag it out and take their official visits and talk up each program they are considering. Its part of the recruiting game and about the only recruits that dont do it are the Dean Olivers or Jeff Horners who know where they are going and verbal very early in the process. If you get this butthurt over recruiting you might want to stop following it. The idiocy surrounding Pierschbacher's de-commitment and now Ulis' decision is laughable.

And to the bolded part, it is a direct violation of board rules to outsmart the profanity filter. Please have a little more respect for Jon and his board.

have any unrated in state white kids we can snag yet?

Probably gonna end up with 3 of those.

Lets see...here are the white Iowa kids Fran has snagged since coming to Iowa.

McCabe- Lick recruited him but Fran kept him. The ultimate glue guy on the team, definitely worth the scholly.

Oglesby- Top 150 recruit and the first major in state recruit Fran landed. Needs to bounce back this year.

Woodbury- Top 50 recruit by some services. Offers from UNC, OSU, etc. MVP of the NBA Top 100 camp.

You fail....big time.

Its amazing how bent out of shape people get in regards to the recruitment of 17 and 18 year old kids. Of course they are going to drag it out and take their official visits and talk up each program they are considering. Its part of the recruiting game and about the only recruits that dont do it are the Dean Olivers or Jeff Horners who know where they are going and verbal very early in the process. If you get this butthurt over recruiting you might want to stop following it. The idiocy surrounding Pierschbacher's de-commitment and now Ulis' decision is laughable.

And to the bolded part, it is a direct violation of board rules to outsmart the profanity filter. Please have a little more respect for Jon and his board.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry I violated the rules of what can and cannot be posted on your personal blog 136. I'll try harder in the future to meet your holier than though demands, and what you deem necessary and unnecessary reactions. The idiocy surrounding your two star attempt at message board security is laughable. I could give a sh!t less what you think or say.

Latest posts