We have 4 schollys and 0 verbals right?

JonnyGuido

Just a question and not a criticism, but that is accurate right? Other than Ulis, are there any other exciting recruits we are in the running for?

This is accurate. We put all our eggs in the Ulis basket, now we're left with our dongs in our hands.

over-react much?

there are quite a few visits coming up. why would Fran spend all the staff's recruiting time on one dude when we have several open spots? relax homes.

Stokes is a junior, so 3 schollys.

i think he was given the schollie since Fran didn't fill it when Ingram left, with the understanding that he might have to take it back if they sign someone. i could be wrong on that last part though.

Wow, even if Fran thought Ulis was a sure thing he's not gonna throw away the other scholarships! If he did that he should be fired immediately. But he didn't..

Wow, even if Fran thought Ulis was a sure thing he's not gonna throw away the other scholarships! If he did that he should be fired immediately. But he didn't..

apparently he thought Tyler could play several different positions all at once, and therefore didn't need to recruit anyone else.

apparently he thought Tyler could play several different positions all at once, and therefore didn't need to recruit anyone else.

Telling other recruits he wanted nothing to do with them and only wanted Ullis was a bold move. But Fran is a bold man.

That's crazy the Fran has official visits lined up with several other guys when he has spent exactly zero time recruiting them.

Whats crazy is spending the time and resources he did on A position we don't need for two years only to be dismissed like last weeks garbage.

Whats crazy is spending the time and resources he did on A position we don't need for two years only to be dismissed like last weeks garbage.

That's absolutely not crazy. College basketball is a guard's game. When you have the option to get a top 50 guard like Ullis, you have to go for it. If Fran wouldn't have went as hard as he did after Woodbury and Gesell, we probably don't get either of those guys and who knows where the program is at right now. If anything, this is just another example of Fran's great eye for talent. The guy can spot talent early and works his *** off trying to get those guys to come to Iowa, that's exactly what I want in a coach. It's a tough loss, but we'll be fine. We get back in the top 25 and back in the NCAA's for the first time in nearly a decade this year and it's going to get easier for Fran to bring in high level recruits.

That's absolutely not crazy. College basketball is a guard's game. When you have the option to get a top 50 guard like Ullis, you have to go for it. If Fran wouldn't have went as hard as he did after Woodbury and Gesell, we probably don't get either of those guys and who knows where the program is at right now. If anything, this is just another example of Fran's great eye for talent. The guy can spot talent early and works his *** off trying to get those guys to come to Iowa, that's exactly what I want in a coach. It's a tough loss, but we'll be fine. We get back in the top 25 and back in the NCAA's for the first time in nearly a decade this year and it's going to get easier for Fran to bring in high level recruits.

It's his 4th year as the head coach and he get can't get any recruits with his 70th place finish last year...whoa !

Maybe the OP wants actual answers? If you do here are some names for you.

Jackson Forbes - Forward from Texas
Tory Miller - Forward from New Hampshire
Josh Cunningham - Forward from Illinois
Ikenna Okwarabizie - Center from STL/Iowa
Scott Lindsey - PG Illinois
Peyton Allen - SG Illinois
Milik Yarbrough - Forward Illinoies

I'm sure there is more

Check out here for some older news. http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/recruiting/58170-2014-basketball-class.html

From the link you can tell that Iowa has lost out on some guys like Larry Austin and Malek Harris. Maybe they didn't lose out and stopped recruiting them? No one really knows except the staff.

I know what you're saying and truthfully I completely agree. As an Iowa fan I expect this type of thing to happen. In fact this is the second time his fall something like this has happened. I feel the most upset for Fran because he worked his @$$ off for this one and I feel like he was mislead by the Ulis'. Everything they said that was important to them ended up being a load of $h!t.

Latest posts