We got Dominque Uhl!!!

Good stuff, this was very much needed. Like a lot of guys, he'll need to gain strength, but I feel better about this class with Uhl on board.

That video is pretty funny, when the host- or whatever- asks Uhl his finalists, Uhl pauses and you can tell he kind of thinks and decided to list Iowa last.

Nice! This was the guy I most wanted of those we had a shot on still. I was starting to believe he was Temple bound with 247 having 9 of 9 predicting them.

For sure. He is from Germany so location really wasn't an issue for him. What an awesome Friday. Fran needed this commit big time.

I am not up on Iowa bball recruiting. What are the odds of guys like Tory Miller and Josh Cunningham?

Cunningham has moved on, and Miller has us in his top three with Colorado and Marquette. The rumors are that Iowa is trailing, but in fairness, all the experts picked Temple for Uhl.

This is a great pickup for Fran and the Hawks. At least this may keep all the negative posts about Fran to a minimum for a couple of weeks at least.

The two guys they have picked up so far are solid three star recruits that can take their time to develop for a year but have good potential. I really think Uhl was a pretty good get.

The two guys they have picked up so far are solid three star recruits that can take their time to develop for a year but have good potential. I really think Uhl was a pretty good get.

Uhl's profile and ceiling are much higher of the two commits. Ellington, like him or not, is basically a shooter off the bench.

So Fran was just as surprised as anyone?? haha

@HawkeyeInsider7m
Just spoke w/ Dom Uhl. Said McCaffery nearly jumped through phone w/ excitement when he told coach he was coming to Iowa a few minutes ago.

So we're not doomed anymore!?

Great news! Welcome to the fold, Dominique!

I'm sure there will soon be a thread about how we are still doomed coming soon. I honestly have not had any concerns with Fran, and won't until he gives us something to be concerned about. All signs show that the bball program is on the rise.

Great news, it's great that these kids from overseas see Iowa as a great choice. Got to wonder if that Euro trip had any impact.

Latest posts