We got Dominque Uhl!!!

redshirt him and work on his upper body. if he isn't a major part of the rotation as a redshirt sophomore, TSkinner can rip my shat all out for my uhl-advocate stiffy.

kid could develop into white with a handle and a j (or utoff, in other words)

redshirt him and work on his upper body. if he isn't a major part of the rotation as a redshirt sophomore, TSkinner can rip my shat all out for my uhl-advocate stiffy.

kid could develop into white with a handle and a j (or utoff, in other words)

I think both could stand a redshirt year, but it is unlikely. They both are very lean right now....Uhl I listed at 6'9'' and 185lbs...that is painfully thin, but I am very happy that Fran landed Dom. He has a very nice skillset, similar to Uthoff and will fit right in with our style of play...run, Dom, run! No doubt about the fact that this is a big get for Fran, even tho Dom is not a top 150 guy....but he was a secondary target that we actually landed! Fran seems to really do well with immigrant players like Peter Jok, Gabe, and now Dom....you can make a living with Africans these days so I hope we milk that appeal.

since uhl is more of a combo forward, I'd really like to see bruiser miller or international motor-man nzei to join a backup pg (dickerson?) in this class.

nice that we got a kid that was offered at the peak of aau season, rather than in september after other targets fell through

It wasn't but a few years ago that Iowa's height and wingspan just wasn't competitive with the rest of the B10. Fran has flipped that on its head real quick.

Good get for Iowa he will be fun to watch and see how he does this season. As far as red shirting I personally think in four years Fran we will have this program where Iowa will want the scholarships back open.

It wasn't but a few years ago that Iowa's height and wingspan just wasn't competitive with the rest of the B10. Fran has flipped that on its head real quick.

You are on the money...this is more important than many realize.

No more Zach playing center? You nailed it...we are now probably the longest team in the league.

Imagine the 2-3 zone this year with, Gabe, Woody, Basabe, White, Utoff, Baseline.

lol, who guards the guards in that lineup? I think that wouldn't work nearly as well as you think it would. Not to mention that offensive lineup would be horrific.

Great pick up for Fran! Glad all his hard work is paying off. Now if we get Miller too, we have a very solid class and hopefully leave a scholarship open for a transfer pick up in the spring.

The link I had in the op is the commitment video.....

The link below says he is 6'8 200. So looks like he is already beefing up since he got here. He may be up to 215 by the time he gets on campus. White was 215.
Scout.com: Uhl Picks Iowa

since uhl is more of a combo forward, I'd really like to see bruiser miller or international motor-man nzei to join a backup pg (dickerson?) in this class.

nice that we got a kid that was offered at the peak of aau season, rather than in september after other targets fell through

Would really like the class you describe at this point. If he passes the staff's screening this weekend and gets an offer, Dickerson could be the most immediate impact player of all of them, especially with Marble's departure. Miller, added to what we already have, would make our front line frightening. Also think it would be good for him to apprentice to White for a year like it will also be for Uhl apprenticing To Uthoff. I haven't heard much about Nzei recently, probably because we're waiting on Miller. Anyone know Miller's decision timeline?

and utoff was 190 as a senior

from his vids, uhl looks fairly developed in the leg -- has some muscle mass in his his calves and thighs. where he's thin is up top -- and the euro kids just don't lift upper body that much.

he should be about white's size in a year or two. kid will be a nice combo forward.

miller is at marquette this weekend, for his final official

rather have miller than nzei, because we haven't had an athletic 4 with muscle in a long time, and it would be nice to have a kid who can out-izzothug the izzothugs.

the write ups on nzei: undersized, no real post game at this stage, can't use his left, but tough and a real motor. made a rep as a rebound machine over the summer. useful garbage guy for boards and d.

Last edited:
lol, who guards the guards in that lineup? I think that wouldn't work nearly as well as you think it would. Not to mention that offensive lineup would be horrific.

Maybe you missed base line the bottom three guys, here i will explain there are three spots down low in the 2-3 zone these five guys would rotate those three spots.

Latest posts