We can stop with the KF hate

4thngoal

Ultimately it all lands on his desk, but he is just the general manager.
The fact is we have some decent players in the trenches but Outstanding players.
I don't think it has much to do with strength, I think it has more to do with ability and football knowledge.
Hopefully we have some young guys who are preparing to step up.
But we have had a new ol coach for awhile and if it's not greatly improved next year, I think it's time to find a different ol coach.
KF needs to give BF a Christmas gift of paying for him to go to clinics and hire a constant for him to learn from.
KF himself needs to listen to himself. "We need bigger plays" but if you don't try them, you are not going to get them.

The fact is we have some decent players in the trenches but Outstanding players.
I don't think it has much to do with strength, I think it has more to do with ability and football knowledge.
But we have had a new ol coach for awhile and if it's not greatly improved next year, I think it's time to find a different ol coach.
KF needs to give BF a Christmas gift of paying for him to go to clinics and hire a constant for him to learn from.
KF himself needs to listen to himself. "We need bigger plays" but if you don't try them, you are not going to get them.
Miller Lite or Bud Light?

KF needs to, but won't, get some "offense tutoring" from an NFL team, a la Ed Orgeron at LSU did with the Saints; he turned his great defense/pedestrian offense team into a juggernaut from last year to this year, all the while maintaining a good defense and playing fairly balanced offense. Iowa doesn't need "The Greatest Show On Turf", but some KC Chief, NE Pat, or even Seattle Seahawks - infused offensive schemes would possibly give Iowa some more tools in the proverbial shed from which to choose.

KF needs to, but won't, get some "offense tutoring" from an NFL team, a la Ed Orgeron at LSU did with the Saints; he turned his great defense/pedestrian offense team into a juggernaut from last year to this year, all the while maintaining a good defense and playing fairly balanced offense. Iowa doesn't need "The Greatest Show On Turf", but some KC Chief, NE Pat, or even Seattle Seahawks - infused offensive schemes would possibly give Iowa some more tools in the proverbial shed from which to choose.
I thought he had made at least one summer visit to Mount Hoodie.

Folks. The ferentz x 2 simply don’t get offensive football and never have, never will. They also won’t cater to skill players. They’ve made that abundantly clear through the years. And this isn’t the nfl where you have leverage and can simply draft them. He is in sales and development in college with both players and coaches and one of those he’s extremely good at while the other the polar opposite. You don’t learn offensive football or how to sell and he hasn’t and won’t. And he’s been allowed to get by with the weaknesses and live off his strengths. The $6 million dollar/yr question is...why?

I agree, they need to spend time learning from an offensive guru.
Really learning, not incorporating a little. Not taking it under consideration.

I agree, they need to spend time learning from an offensive guru.
Really learning, not incorporating a little. Not taking it under consideration.

636217251223597520-OKEEFE.jpg

If you hire a new OC for a big time college team, and then after three years discover that you need to send him off to a "special needs coaching camp" so he can figure out how to coach, you didn't make a good OC hire...and who would admit to that?
Well they are not going to announce it.
Lot's of careers require continuing education.
It's painfully obvious that the running game has not improved. So it should be a no brainier to get some outside help.
It can't be just talent because less talented teams are moving the ball better than us.

Well they are not going to announce it.
Lot's of careers require continuing education.
It's painfully obvious that the running game has not improved. So it should be a no brainier to get some outside help.
It can't be just talent because less talented teams are moving the ball better than us.
HC/OC both in over their heads, can't and won't admit it. Stuck in a tar pit of what "used to work" but no longer does. Watch the sidelines, a house of horrors. The players deserve better.

If you hire a new OC for a big time college team, and then after three years discover that you need to send him off to a "special needs coaching camp" so he can figure out how to coach, you didn't make a good OC hire...and who would admit to that?
Coaches go to “camps” and talk with each other all the time. They are always (well, usually-sometimes-maybe) learning just like any other professional field. ...

Coaches go to “camps” and talk with each other all the time. They are always (well, usually-sometimes-maybe) learning just like any other professional field. ...
The best of them "coach the coaches" at the camps. Those are the hires we need to be different.

If KF goes 16-0 he will be at a .601 winning % in his HC career and reach the mark necessary for HoF.

That's what I'm saying, pick a good one. Maybe one where you can get some one on one time.
I don't even care if it's qb camp. Do a bunch of them. Look no way around it, the great qb's know how to move the ball.
Like I said it's not just talent. It's not facilities. There is something not working and they need some outside help and learning from them.

It is not hate. Kills me that every time someone criticizes this program it is hate. Total bullshit. Some people want better than mediocre, which is exactly what this program is. Maybe he should have hired a competent, qualified OC instead of his son. Then, in year 3 of this shit show, we wouldn't be talking about sending boy wonder to summer camp to learn how to be an OC. Everything lands on the desk of KF. He hires the coordinators, recruits, chooses who plays, etc. We don't have more big plays because maybe guys like Goodson are sitting on the bench too much, and other than him, we have 1 other playmaker like Tracy. That is it. KF cannot recruit enough talented skill players, thus very few big plays.

It is not hate. Kills me that every time someone criticizes this program it is hate. Total bullshit./QUOTE]

No shit...Snowflakes. Disagreement and/or criticism = hate. How dare you don't love everything about me (them/him/it) without question. WAAAAAAA, you're a HATER.

I don't recall seeing anybody here say they "hate" Ferentz. Quite the opposite, he's recognized as a standup guy and fine man. His coaching leaves something to be desired...especially the tired, predictable patterns so many have grown tired of (and our rivals snicker at).

If you want puppies and sunshine 24/7 the real world ain't for you, and coaching college football sure as hell isn't.

Latest posts