We are NOT back.......

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do teams normally storm the court after beating a non-ranked opponent? The only time Wisconsin has stormed the court in the last decade was when we beat Duke (Top 5 team), beat #1 OSU or when we win the conference championship. We just beat a #14 ranked rival in Minnesota and not a single kid went out on the court.

The next time we storm the court beating Iowa will be the first.

I know facts are difficult for you. The only fact is that Iowa has won the last 3 in a row.....As Scorpio says Scoreboard, Becky.

Like everyone else said. If Wisconsin is better than Iowa, why can't they beat them. Makes no sense to me.

Bo Ryan doesn't recruit kids that aren't willing to work hard. You may hate him but he's old school that way. I doubt Hayes isn't a hard worker. You don't have a 3.9 GPA and offered by Stanford, Wisconsin and OSU if you are a slacker.

Wisconsin took a LONG look at Jok. Coach Close and Coach Gard watched a lot of his games. We went another direction by offering Riley Dearring instead. I don't really think that says much of anything.

Look, Badger. I don't have a dog in the Iowa/Wisconsin fight so I can give an objective opinion about how everyone else outside Madison sees Bo Ryan's brand of basketball.

I watch a lot of college basketball. A lot of it. I've watched the Badgers play two or three times this season and if you told me you would give me season tickets to their home games for the rest of the year, free of charge, courtside, I would say no thanks.

You can say what you want about the overblown expectations of some people on this board, and some of it may be justified, but Ryan's teams play the most boring and cringeworthy brand of basketball of any team in a power six conference. He wins a few games. Great, so does every other DI coach that holds down a job for more than a few seasons. But you couldn't pay me to watch any more 45-44 or 47-41 games.

Plus, the dude turned a lot of people off by telling the Uthoff kid he couldn't go where he wanted to go when things clearly weren't working out, when in previous seasons he allowed his other transfers to go where they wanted to. That isn't "old school", that seemed more petty and crotchety than anything else.

Just an outsider's opinion.

Look, Badger. I don't have a dog in the Iowa/Wisconsin fight so I can give an objective opinion about how everyone else outside Madison sees Bo Ryan's brand of basketball.

I watch a lot of college basketball. A lot of it. I've watched the Badgers play two or three times this season and if you told me you would give me season tickets to their home games for the rest of the year, free of charge, courtside, I would say no thanks.

You can say what you want about the overblown expectations of some people on this board, and some of it may be justified, but Ryan's teams play the most boring and cringeworthy brand of basketball of any team in a power six conference. He wins a few games. Great, so does every other DI coach that holds down a job for more than a few seasons. But you couldn't pay me to watch any more 45-44 or 47-41 games.

Plus, the dude turned a lot of people off by telling the Uthoff kid he couldn't go where he wanted to go when things clearly weren't working out, when in previous seasons he allowed his other transfers to go where they wanted to. That isn't "old school", that seemed more petty and crotchety than anything else.

Just an outsider's opinion.

I have been trying to tell him this forever. I get his point as a Vadger fan, you are gonna like it, as they have been successful. If you aren't a Vadger fan, you simply don't watch the boring a$$ basketball that they play there. It is brutal, slow it down, mugging basketball, and it is simply unwatchable if you aren't a fan of the Vadgers.

I could watch UM, IU play all day long, not because I like them any more than Wisconsin, but because they play a fun style of BB to watch.

Wisconsin basketball sucks so much that even Iowa State fans take our side.

Iowa and Iowa State fans can bash heads, but we both can agree that Wisconsin basketball is the worst. I would rather be forced to go to a chick flick my wife chooses than watch Wisconsin basketball.

I have been trying to tell him this forever. I get his point as a Vadger fan, you are gonna like it, as they have been successful. If you aren't a Vadger fan, you simply don't watch the boring a$$ basketball that they play there. It is brutal, slow it down, mugging basketball, and it is simply unwatchable if you aren't a fan of the Vadgers.

I could watch UM, IU play all day long, not because I like them any more than Wisconsin, but because they play a fun style of BB to watch.

Watching the Bo Ryan-coached 00's Badger teams has reminded me a lot of those Pat Riley-coached 90's Knicks and Heat teams.

In other words, a lot of defense and a shoddy offense built around a decent center and a bunch of streaky players. They might be really good some years because that style of play might be the perfect fit against a more finesse league, but nobody liked watching it.

Sorry, but Ryan Evans is no John Starks, bud.

It begins with not having a PG that is willing to drive, or is capable of driving at will. Clemmons did not play well yesterday and that may have been a bigger part of why Iowa lost than any, but really it was because Oglesby can't shoot.

When Clemmons drives, he looks for the open man, he didn't show up well yesterday, unfortunately, but he will learn and be just fine.

I actually think it is more of a case of Clemmons trying to hard to make something happen, by himself, which results in unforced errors.

I'm not sold on Clemmons yet. There is potential, but I can't say I'm seeing future team leader either.

I actually think it is more of a case of Clemmons trying to hard to make something happen, by himself, which results in unforced errors.

I'm not sold on Clemmons yet. There is potential, but I can't say I'm seeing future team leader either.

Apparently I have been watching different games than you.

Of the primary ball handlers, Clemmons averages the least turnovers per game and has the highest assist to turnover ratio.

Rarely does Clemmons force things and he had been playing well heading into the game yesterday, but played just bad.

You know all that dribble penetration that was happening yesterday against zone, Clemmons not on the floor is why Iowa had to play so much zone. Clemmons is the one player that can prevent dribble penetration, but he didn't show up yesterday and it is unfortunate. No other Iowa guard has shown the ability to defend against dribble penetration this season, other than Clemmons.

Like I have said before, if you saw him in HS, he was never the focus of anything for offense, but he averaged 14 ppg by doing everything else well and creating his own opportunities. He was the 3rd or 4th option on his team and he was able to do some really good things.

When his career wraps up, he is going to be one of the most efficient players Iowa has had in a long time.

Like everyone else said. If Wisconsin is better than Iowa, why can't they beat them. Makes no sense to me.

That is a 2nd graders logic. But if head to head is the standard of who is better then wasn't Campbell a better program than Iowa last year? How about Wisconsin over Indiana this year? We beat them, we must be better than them this year. How about Ohio State being better than Michigan? Well OSU beat them head to head right?

Your arguments contain as much validity as my used toilet paper this morning.

Wisconsin basketball is also a mainstay on ESPN, ESPN2, CBS etc and we aren't a traditional power in a large market for TV. I'm guessing TV executives know more about who is going to get ratings than the people on this board. Oh, we're on National TV against OSU again tomorrow? 3rd straight Tuesday on ESPN? ESPN must love turning away viewers.

How else do you determine one team being better than another?

They keep score for a reason *****.

That is a 2nd graders logic. But if head to head is the standard of who is better then wasn't Campbell a better program than Iowa last year? How about Wisconsin over Indiana this year? We beat them, we must be better than them this year. How about Ohio State being better than Michigan? Well OSU beat them head to head right?

Your arguments contain as much validity as my used toilet paper this morning.

Wisconsin basketball is also a mainstay on ESPN, ESPN2, CBS etc and we aren't a traditional power in a large market for TV. I'm guessing TV executives know more about who is going to get ratings than the people on this board. Oh, we're on National TV against OSU again tomorrow? 3rd straight Tuesday on ESPN? ESPN must love turning away viewers.

Actually, he does make a valid point.

The way you pub Wisconsin being Elite, Iowa should not beat them and actually, Iowa having a three game winning streak against the Badgers just shouldn't happen.

It is like you feel Wisconsin in a league of say, Duke and Iowa is in a league of say Clemson...keeping in mind Clemson hasn't beaten Duke for how long?

Wisconsin is a good program that has earned the right to have those TV games, but with the way you talk of the differences between Iowa and Wisconsin, it is like you view Iowa as Drake.

The reason Wisconsin is on national TV is much more due to who they are playing rather than the boring Badgers. You don't see then on national TV against Penn St. or Nebraska, do you?

And the only reason you're here, is that we keep kicking badger butt. You have to come here and try and justify the losses by cutting down our program and declaring all our victories a fluke based on "free pizza" and "commemorative" games, as if that wins basketball games. You won't concede the fact that our attendance is back. The truth is we just have your number lately and it's killing you.

I put little stock in anything vadgy has to say. I've visited the wisconsin boards and even they don't like him. When he posts in a thread, he's pretty much the same ****** grenade as he is here.

The reason Wisconsin is on national TV is much more due to who they are playing rather than the boring Badgers. You don't see then on national TV against Penn St. or Nebraska, do you?

Actually you make a point because I don't see Iowa on national TV basically at all. You get the BTN games not the ESPN games. Wisconsin gets the ESPN games because when they play it draws eyeballs because Wisconsin is good.

Funny when I watched us beating Indiana in Bloomington, I don't remember seeing the Indiana fans sleeping like they'd taken a Ambien. In fact it was much louder than the game I just watched them play against MSU on Sunday. I could take some still photos of their crowd if you'd like to see?..........

Latest posts