We are NOT back.......

What do you mean? We're back to being mediocre.

It's something.

Shut up, we are totally back, it's just that the conference is probably the best conference in the history of college basketball right now. We just need to tighten up a few things, execute a little better and knock down a couple more shots and we would only have one loss in conference play. You're just a fatalist Hawk fan who thinks we stink just because we had a couple of bad shooting games.

I still think we're pretty good. We play some close games and we're improving in some important areas. We just have some deficiencies that are difficult to adjust mid season, but our young roster will certainly improve on these things in the future. We just need to fire our coach, and find a young up-and-comer to get us to the next level.

Are we mad yet?

I watched the video of Jok's game vs. Dowling the other night and I'm even more optimistic about the future. Kid can play and has more raw ability and athleticism than anyone on the current team. Yeah, he's got some things he can work on and he's going to have some growing pains but if he works hard look out.

Wade Lookingbill was comparing him to Harrison Barnes in potential impact. While he's not quite as strong to the rack he has a much more natural shot that HB. He can shoot the trey, dribble drive, spot up and hit the turn around J and hit the mid range jumper-things that nobody on this team can do very well.

If we're not back now I suspect we will be soon.

I watched the video of Jok's game vs. Dowling the other night and I'm even more optimistic about the future. Kid can play and has more raw ability and athleticism than anyone on the current team. Yeah, he's got some things he can work on and he's going to have some growing pains but if he works hard look out.

Wade Lookingbill was comparing him to Harrison Barnes in potential impact. While he's not quite as strong to the rack he has a much more natural shot that HB. He can shoot the trey, dribble drive, spot up and hit the turn around J and hit the mid range jumper-things that nobody on this team can do very well.

If we're not back now I suspect we will be soon.

Well if there is anybody that has an eye for basketball talent, Wade Lookingbill has to be at the top of the list.

It depends on your definition of being back.

If it is defined by making the NCAA tournament, or being ranked then I don't understand.

When it comes down to it, Iowa is about 15 points or so from being an NCAA tournament team and ranked, I consider that being back.

It is a far cry from watching games and trying to figure out "When Iowa gets down by 20 I stop watching against teams that can score, or down by 12 against a team like Wisconsin"

For me being back is having a chance to get to postseason, mainly the NCAA tournament and having chances to knock off the best teams in conference play. Iowa has been blown out once at Michigan, nothing to be ashamed of there.

There is still an outside shot at getting to the NCAA, but an awful lot has to go their way, something that hasn't happened yet this year. It is all a process, Iowa lost no games in the non-conference that will hurt them, the next step is getting to .500 in conference play, from there going for a Top 5 finish in conference. Iowa is on the right track for all of those things, some of those don't happen this year and that is okay.

It depends on your definition of being back.

If it is defined by making the NCAA tournament, or being ranked then I don't understand.

When it comes down to it, Iowa is about 15 points or so from being an NCAA tournament team and ranked, I consider that being back.

It is a far cry from watching games and trying to figure out "When Iowa gets down by 20 I stop watching against teams that can score, or down by 12 against a team like Wisconsin"

For me being back is having a chance to get to postseason, mainly the NCAA tournament and having chances to knock off the best teams in conference play. Iowa has been blown out once at Michigan, nothing to be ashamed of there.

There is still an outside shot at getting to the NCAA, but an awful lot has to go their way, something that hasn't happened yet this year. It is all a process, Iowa lost no games in the non-conference that will hurt them, the next step is getting to .500 in conference play, from there going for a Top 5 finish in conference. Iowa is on the right track for all of those things, some of those don't happen this year and that is okay.

This team would be far better off with a NIT berth and some additional home games to help them mature and then a trip to NYC in the NIT where they are playing on the big stage. Some crappy first round NCAA exit with a low seed and a trip to Dayton or Toledo or some other crappy town in Ohio is NOT what this team needs right now.

To me "we're back" means to the point where we got rid of Davis. I think we are pretty much there now. We are a few plays away from leading the best conference in the nation while playing the toughest schedule. It's actually pretty impressive how good we are for being such horrendous shooters.

This team would be far better off with a NIT berth and some additional home games to help them mature and then a trip to NYC in the NIT where they are playing on the big stage. Some crappy first round NCAA exit with a low seed and a trip to Dayton or Toledo or some other crappy town in Ohio is NOT what this team needs right now.

You are either dumb or trolling.

You are either dumb or trolling.

You're an idiot. With a young team, like ours, you need extra practices and game situations to work with the players. They are still figuring out how to win as a unit. Getting knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament won't do a thing to improve this team. It will just give them some moronic banner entitled "2013 NCAA First Round Second Place" to hang up. We won't win any hardware or get any good experience, so I'd prefer a deep NIT run to focus on further development. To get these guys prepped for the Final Four running that is coming next year, I would much rather win some games in March.

You're an idiot. With a young team, like ours, you need extra practices and game situations to work with the players. They are still figuring out how to win as a unit. Getting knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament won't do a thing to improve this team. It will just give them some moronic banner entitled "2013 NCAA First Round Second Place" to hang up. We won't win any hardware or get any good experience, so I'd prefer a deep NIT run to focus on further development. To get these guys prepped for the Final Four running that is coming next year, I would much rather win some games in March.

Incorrect. Ask every player and every coach at Iowa.

When you have a guy that is 23 for 83 from and 30 for 102 from the floor taking up minutes, We are way NOT Back!! Fran really needs to cut this thing back to about a 8-9 man rotation. Yesterday you had a guy that is hot and you pull him for a guy that hasent done anything all season?

Latest posts