We are Hostages

Me thinks you might have misunderstood where I was going with my post. Clearly the OP was teetering on the edge. I was giving him a nudge.

Who is on the edge? I am merely pointing out the absurdity of the situation in IC. The man is one of the 5-6 highest paid coaches in cfb, but can barely make a bowl game and is locked in for another 8 years. People that want to defend the guy have to be either family, drunk or ol' Gary B.

Is that all you got?

CJF couldnt even beat out Zach Derby and Herman for the starting TE job last year. He didnt play a whole lot until the end of the year.

But but but, he was highly rated coming out of HS. Blah blah blah.

And Ricki Stanzi couldn't beat out Jake Christensen..

I guess you are entitled to have your low expecations for the program.

I would prefer that Ferentz earn his money. He is paid to perform like one of the best in the country and we aren't even among the best in our own pathetically weak division in the pathetically weak BIG.
But this..
But that..
If this..
If that..
Frickin 2 bit excuses are getting old.
We are just little old Iowa paying our Head coach like we are little old Alabama.

And Ricki Stanzi couldn't beat out Jake Christensen..

I guess you are entitled to have your low expecations for the program.

I would prefer that Ferentz earn his money. He is paid to perform like one of the best in the country and we aren't even among the best in our own pathetically weak division in the pathetically weak BIG.
But this..
But that..
If this..
If that..
Frickin 2 bit excuses are getting old.
We are just little old Iowa paying our Head coach like we are little old Alabama.

Ricky Stanzi did beat out JC in 2008. No way he was ready to in 2007.

Wasn't good for Iowa...opposing defenses loved him. How quickly everyone forgets his penchant for pick sixes.

What's a Moran, Ghost? Ever attend college or the U of I? Dude, I wish I could turn it off and not care, but I can't. Guess that's what a fan is. Guess that's why we visit sites like these. Maybe this is part of my counseling. But who really needs the counseling? At least I don't have 10 billion posts like Ghost. I guess you don't work, and have plenty of time on your hands to call people names brah. Congrats!

That's your definition of a fan. Mine is someone who stands behind their team no matter what! I don't trash them, whine about them or criticize them. I'm just there every week, watching and cheering them on!

That's your definition of a fan. Mine is someone who stands behind their team no matter what! I don't trash them, whine about them or criticize them. I'm just there every week, watching and cheering them on!
I am cheering my team on, every play. It's the 6th-highest-paid-coach-in-the-world that has horrible antiquated schemes, and legendary aweful game-managing that I have ALL the problem with!!! That's it.

I am cheering my team on, every play. It's the 6th-highest-paid-coach-in-the-world that has horrible antiquated schemes, and legendary aweful game-managing that I have ALL the problem with!!! That's it.

Yes. Well said! Just because we wine and complain about the horrible job Ferentz has done the last couple of years does not mean we are not huge fans of the players and of the program. We have great facilities, lots of money and fan support, so no reason not to expect 8-9 wins 3 out of every 4 years. In the words of Billy Beane, "Adapt or Die".... Ferentz does not know how to Adapt..... I don't want him dead, just don't want him as the coach.

Yes. Well said! Just because we wine and complain about the horrible job Ferentz has done the last couple of years does not mean we are not huge fans of the players and of the program. We have great facilities, lots of money and fan support, so no reason not to expect 8-9 wins 3 out of every 4 years. In the words of Billy Beane, "Adapt or Die".... Ferentz does not know how to Adapt..... I don't want him dead, just don't want him as the coach.

What are you complaining about then if that is what you expect?

2008: 9-4
2009:11-2
2010:8-5
2011: 7-6

That is 8 or 9 wins 3 out of 4 years.

What are you complaining about then if that is what you expect?

2008: 9-4
2009:11-2
2010:8-5
2011: 7-6

That is 8 or 9 wins 3 out of 4 years.

2010 was a big disappointment. We should have won more with the talent we had. 2011 and 2012 have been horrible and have you looked at the schedule for 2013 and 2014. No way in He** we win 8 games in either of the next two seasons. Change is needed.

2010 was a big disappointment. We should have won more with the talent we had. 2011 and 2012 have been horrible and have you looked at the schedule for 2013 and 2014. No way in He** we win 8 games in either of the next two seasons. Change is needed.

KF has met your expectations the last 4 years. You laid them out in your previous post.

KF has met your expectations the last 4 years. You laid them out in your previous post.

I am doing something that KF does not do. I am looking at the present but more importantly the future. 2011, 2012 2013 and 2014 we will not have a single season of 8 wins if we do not make huge changes. KF wont play backup QB to look at the future. He only sees the present and his vision of the present is pretty lame. Just look at the Offensive numbers if you are wondering the definition of lame. KF has NOT met my expections for last season, this season or for 2010( I expected at least 9 wins in 2010).

I am doing something that KF does not do. I am looking at the present but more importantly the future. 2011, 2012 2013 and 2014 we will not have a single season of 8 wins if we do not make huge changes. KF wont play backup QB to look at the future. He only sees the present and his vision of the present is pretty lame. Just look at the Offensive numbers if you are wondering the definition of lame. KF has NOT met my expections for last season, this season or for 2010( I expected at least 9 wins in 2010).

Haha, nothing like changing your expectations after you realized your original ones have been met.

Idiot doosh.

you may have expected more in 2010, but did you expect 11 in 09 before the season? my guess is no but to make your argument you will say yes.

you may have expected more in 2010, but did you expect 11 in 09 before the season? my guess is no but to make your argument you will say yes.

Nope. Did not expect 11 wins in 2009, that was a great year. But again I am talking about the PRESENT of where this program is at. Again my expectations for last season and this season have not been met and I see no way we win 8 games in 2013 or in 2014 with the schedule that we have and with the coaching staff that we have. But hey keeping sticking up for the lame KF who is ok with being stuck in a rut. KF has no clue what the phrase "Adapt or Die" means.

even though you "see no way we win 8 games in 2013 or in 2014", what happens if they do? again, that "lame" coach has accomplished your goals in the current time frame. what makes you think he won't do it again? because you're upset and in doom and gloom mode?

i'm guessing you were one of those guys calling for coaching changes last year too, right? well you got them. a coach stuck in a rut doesn't make those changes. a coach not willing to adapt doesn't make those changes. don't let his decision to keep JVB as QB blind you to the rest of what KF has changed recently.

i will now wait for you to point out more reasons KF is "lame"

Haha, nothing like changing your expectations after you realized your original ones have been met.

Idiot doosh.

Really? Some of you guys who go to the name calling are sure showing how intelligent you are. If you continue to stick up for the horrible coaching the last couple of years....what does that say about you? But hey, continue to stick up for mediocre coaching and unwillingness to change. We all better be satisfied with 6 or 7 wins because we are "so lucky to have KF as our coach" . Look at 2011, this year and the next two years and think about the bad situation we are in.

even though you "see no way we win 8 games in 2013 or in 2014", what happens if they do? again, that "lame" coach has accomplished your goals in the current time frame. what makes you think he won't do it again? because you're upset and in doom and gloom mode?

i'm guessing you were one of those guys calling for coaching changes last year too, right? well you got them. a coach stuck in a rut doesn't make those changes. a coach not willing to adapt doesn't make those changes. don't let his decision to keep JVB as QB blind you to the rest of what KF has changed recently.

i will now wait for you to point out more reasons KF is "lame"

Norm Parker retired, so KF had to make a change! And oh what a huge change, he promoted from within and made no change to the defense. KOK took a job elsewhere, so again KF had to make a change. And then instead of bringing in someone young and innovative, he brings in an old guy(GD) who got fired at TEXAS because he couldn't get it done with Texas talent......"sweet changes" . Man that offensive "change" is really great.

Latest posts