Watching Final TCU vs Georgia

vegashawki

What’s crazy is the difference between talent of teams on the field. Regardless of the portal pick ups Iowa get they have a LONG way to go to be top tier competitive… that makes me sad.

“The only game that really counts“, said all the wise guys! HaHaHa. Stands will be empty next year and sponsors will head for the hills! Someone with real foresight should schedule a meaningless bowl on ESPN U. Or, maybe a re-match between SDST and NDST?

UGA has put on a championship run that leaves no doubt they're the best by far. Nearly a 60 burger on the Frogs up to this point.

Well I held picked Geogia to win it all from the beginning of the season. Which proves absolutely nothing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What’s crazy is the difference between talent of teams on the field. Regardless of the portal pick ups Iowa get they have a LONG way to go to be top tier competitive… that makes me sad.

Yep and status quo isn’t going to change shit. Ground hog day.

Iowa is getting what the masses are demanding.

I'm not sure Tcu is that far ahead. In their 10 Big 12 games, they won 2 of them by more than 10 points. They had the 80th ranked defense and 13th ranked offense. Both teams have elite talent on one side of the ball. Not saying we have better overall talent, but there isn't that much difference.

I'm not sure Tcu is that far ahead. In their 10 Big 12 games, they won 2 of them by more than 10 points. They had the 80th ranked defense and 13th ranked offense. Both teams have elite talent on one side of the ball. Not saying we have better overall talent, but there isn't that much difference.

If Iowa only had a median offense, not even a good one, just right in the middle, we would be 14 points better than TCU. They never should have been in after losing to K-State. Alabama, Ohio and Georgia were the three best teams.

I am guessing that most people haven’t paid much attention to Georgia over the years. Maybe I am familiar with the program because I lived in Geogia for nearly twenty years until recently moving to Utah.

The trajectory of the Georgia program was eerily similar almost shadowing Iowa’s. The Georgia coach was liked by many but the program had fallen into a seven to eight win program year after year.

Finally, that grew old with the fans and they went over and hired away an assistant coach from Alabama and now you see what can happen if you take chances.

The apologist will make their excuses like Iowa State fans did for decades. It’s in the south, they have the recruits there blah blah blah.

Now what do you have EXTREME NEPOTISM. Likely one of the worst offenses in school history dating back to the pre-Hayden Fry era.

I can just hear Hayden saying “Don’t try to tell me how great our defense is just to cover up how horrendous our offense has been for three years in a row. If I hear anyone say that around me I will punch you in the mouth!!!” He made those kind of comments after close losses.

How placid has the Iowa fan base become and why in the hell is Barta still the AD? Good God we have become twin sister’s to the fan base about one hundred miles west of us.

I'm not as much down the worship Georgia road. Lets not forget they were a missed FG away from not even playing in this game. Heck, without the cheap shot on Marvin, they aren't hoisting any trophy either. Now how pathetic Michigan was in December.... that is a program with some issues right now.

This wasn't a championship game- it was an exhibition. Sucks because the OSU GA was the real championship game, and had Michigan not forgotten how to play defense I kinda doubt Michigan would have been blown out this badly.

How did TCU ever beat Michigan. Their defense is horrible.
Well they gave up 45 pts to Michigan. Their D was bad against them too. Difference was TCUs O was able to move the ball and score against them.

Moment was too big for their coaches and kids... GA was just there last yr with same QB and stud TE. Feels like that made a difference. Once it started snow balling it just was what it was. GA is good. Didn't have to force anything. Used their stud TE and WR alot. Felt like they coulda ran the ball more but that's their prerogative.

TCU ran too many sideways passing plays early. Like that's the shit we do. Didn't seem like them. But it didn't matter. Nothing they did was going to change the outcome.

Well they gave up 45 pts to Michigan. Their D was bad against them too. Difference was TCUs O was able to move the ball and score against them.

Moment was too big for their coaches and kids... GA was just there last yr with same QB and stud TE. Feels like that made a difference. Once it started snow balling it just was what it was. GA is good. Didn't have to force anything. Used their stud TE and WR alot. Felt like they coulda ran the ball more but that's their prerogative.

TCU ran too many sideways passing plays early. Like that's the shit we do. Didn't seem like them. But it didn't matter. Nothing they did was going to change the outcome.
Trying to loosen up the D by making them run laterally. Doesn't work as well when the opposition has athletes like Georgia.

Trying to loosen up the D by making them run laterally. Doesn't work as well when the opposition has athletes like Georgia.
I suppose. Interesting strategy. They shoulda known they were going to be in for a shootout of sorts. You're right it sure didn't work. None of it mattered though. At one point GA scored on like 7 or 8 straight possessions I think. There's no beating that anyway. Even if GAs D wasn't all that great (which they are pretty damn good obviously) That was too high of a mountain to climb for TCU.

Remember the Rise Bowl? No way Stanford finishes above Iowa if in the Big. Due to an injury and the "we do want we do" mentality, Superman could name the score.

TCU is a good team and just kept moving thru the season. They did 2 things Iowa didn't do and had the chance to do. ....at home. Hats off to them.

I am guessing that most people haven’t paid much attention to Georgia over the years. Maybe I am familiar with the program because I lived in Geogia for nearly twenty years until recently moving to Utah.

The trajectory of the Georgia program was eerily similar almost shadowing Iowa’s. The Georgia coach was liked by many but the program had fallen into a seven to eight win program year after year.

Finally, that grew old with the fans and they went over and hired away an assistant coach from Alabama and now you see what can happen if you take chances.

The apologist will make their excuses like Iowa State fans did for decades. It’s in the south, they have the recruits there blah blah blah.

Now what do you have EXTREME NEPOTISM. Likely one of the worst offenses in school history dating back to the pre-Hayden Fry era.

I can just hear Hayden saying “Don’t try to tell me how great our defense is just to cover up how horrendous our offense has been for three years in a row. If I hear anyone say that around me I will punch you in the mouth!!!” He made those kind of comments after close losses.

How placid has the Iowa fan base become and why in the hell is Barta still the AD? Good God we have become twin sister’s to the fan base about one hundred miles west of us.
If you are saying that Iowa is one hire away from being the next Georgia, I'd have to say you are delusional.

Latest posts