Washington

Again, McNamara hasn't thrown a td pass at iowa against a P4 team. Not 1. And those still puffing their chest about iowa going 8-4 to 10-2. That doesn't make us a good team. It just means we scheduled that many wins. And people are tired of the same old movie. It's beyond time to watch something different.

Again, McNamara hasn't thrown a td pass at iowa against a P4 team. Not 1. And those still puffing their chest about iowa going 8-4 to 10-2. That doesn't make us a good team. It just means we scheduled that many wins. And people are tired of the same old movie. It's beyond time to watch something different.
Said Nebraska administration and its fans when it fired Bo Pelini in 2014. Been a great decade of football since! Just sayin', different isn't always a good thing.

Exactly right. And he’s so incredibly stubborn, he never wants to show he may have started the wrong guy. Ferentz is full of pride

Internet Sensation GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

BTW, I heard Collin Cowturd on Fox make almost this same argument about Mike Tomlin and the Steelers yesterday. "He is too old school, his offense is antiquated, his coaching is stale, you can't win with just defense and special teams, he was only elite when he had Big Ben, a consistent winning record is overrated...."

There is some irony in the two longest tenured head coaches with the same team in both leagues, whose teams wear near identical uniforms, falling under the same criticism that the game has passed them by.

Said Nebraska administration and its fans when it fired Bo Pelini in 2014. Been a great decade of football since! Just sayin', different isn't always a good thing.
That’s really a dumb way to look at life. Kirk is chasing a record. Iowa is held hostage in the meantime. We know what we have here and it’s a completely new world now. It’s long beyond time to find out

Let's say Kirk steps down...and then Beth hires from within the program...does Iowa's offensive scheme and identity change or stay the same? Play not to lose is the yearly theme for Iowa. I for one would love to see something different and more exciting, but what's the cost of that potential change???

Let's say Kirk steps down...and then Beth hires from within the program...does Iowa's offensive scheme and identity change or stay the same? Play not to lose is the yearly theme for Iowa. I for one would love to see something different and more exciting, but what's the cost of that potential change???
The next guy isn't going to have any B1G West titles to sell alumni on. I love what IA does on D and ST Given the talent levels, so keep them similar. But open the offense to the point that it actually is Complimentary.

Latest posts