Was it just me?

At first I thought he was trying to convince the audience that it was still a game, which is what announcers are instructed to do to keep people tuned in. As the game got closer, he cheered harder and harder for IU.

Dakitch: "INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Baer INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Wiescamp INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Cook INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Iowa INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon"

You have a lot of time on your hands.

He literally said Langford was lazy on defense and didn’t deserve to be a top 5 pick throughout the course of that broadcast.

I swear Iowa fans always feel like people are out to get them.

He also said Weiskamp was the best shooter in the building and Cook was the hardest working player on the floor last night.

I agree. They guy said 10 great things about Iowa, Iowa players, coaching, etc.. Some people cherry pick 1 or 2 statements and rant.

Then people need to explain this. He doesn't sugar coat anything and states his mind, kind of why I like him. I don't care for wishy washy people and want people to tell me what I want to hear. He's pretty open in this podcast what is wrong with Indiana basketball and he could care less what the coaches think. Pretty hard and direct on Lanford. This is prior to the Iowa game.

I’m not trolling or joking. Sometimes he says stupid stuff but he calls it how he sees it and I thought he did a great job last night. Here are a few quotes I liked.

-When Garza was in foul trouble he mentioned that wasn’t the worst thing for Iowa. He said each game is organic and Baer was more important tonight. With Iowa playing zone and Cook going, that turned out to be 100% true. Garza just struggles moving his feet and against a quicker Indiana team, similar to Minny Garza struggled on D.

-When Kriener picked up his 3rd foul he mentioned the Iowa staff isn’t worried about Kriener fouling out. Said they were just buying some time and had Baer who would be more important. Kriener fans might not like it but again that’s 100% accurate.

-ESPN put up a graphic showing Langford as a top 5 pick, he kind of shrugged and said I don’t know about that. I’m in agreement, Langford is wildly overrated. He called out Langford’s D and lack of B-ball IQ on a few occasions.

-On the big TC turnaround jumper, Dakich mentioned how hard TC had played all game and how good things happen when you play hard. Totally agree, TC had one of his best floor games as a Hawk.

-On the JBo corner three he complimented Fran on an excellent set (it was probably Speraw). We isolated Cook in the post with JBo in the corner, when Jbo’s man came down to double Cook made the correct play and JBo drilled it. Dakich said that’s great offense by Iowa.

So yes I thoroughly enjoyed Dakich calling the game last night. I don’t hold grudges over something mean he said about Iowa who knows when. To be honest I can’t even remember what it was. Heck our own play by play guy said mean things about iowa and was lauded a hero. Time to move on.

So take that SETH!!!!:p

Think Bobby Knight will ever appear on his radio show and bury that hatchet?

:p
Ha. Nobodies holding their breath anymore on that. That ESPN story on Knight/Neil Reed was crazy. I'd forgotten half of all that. Crazy time period absolutely nuts. Knight is one stubborn SOB.

Yeah, he was an IU homer for sure, yet he also totally called the Jordan Bohannon ice in the veins as well. When Jordan came down the floor and Dakich said if you look at his eyes he is totally unfazed and is locked in. Bam, Jordan took over the game in the final two minutes.
He will always be an Indiana guy. I get it...didn’t bother me last night because I was confident in the final outcome. And I thought he made several glowing comments directed at JB, TC and JW throughout the game.

I love it! One of my biggest advantage
You have a lot of time on your hands.
giphy.gif

The reason he's so tough on Langford is he's trying to get him to think he should stick around another year...

I think some people just have an inferiority complex about their team and keep track of every little thing they view as a slight, when in reality the call ebbs back and forth with the progress of the game and winds up being pretty fair. Dakich says some dumb stuff during every broadcast but I thought he called a pretty good game.

You don't think so? I do. I think he wishes he'd come back and help Indiana next yr. The kid will be a stud he's pretty darn good now. But he's got room to improve and if NBA riches weren't what they were another year or even two of college ball would be great for him. Not to mention Indiana. But I doubt he sticks around regardless.

You don't think so? I do. I think he wishes he'd come back and help Indiana next yr. The kid will be a stud he's pretty darn good now. But he's got room to improve and if NBA riches weren't what they were another year or even two of college ball would be great for him. Not to mention Indiana. But I doubt he sticks around regardless.

You didn't ask if Langford should stick around. You asked if Dakich is saying that stuff because HE wants Langford to stick around another year. To that I answer NO. I don't think Dakich is that invested all that much or cares either way. Listen to that podcast that I posted above. Dakich lays it on the line.

You didn't ask if Langford should stick around. You asked if Dakich is saying that stuff because HE wants Langford to stick around another year. To that I answer NO. I don't think Dakich is that invested all that much or cares either way. Listen to that podcast that I posted above. Dakich lays it on the line.
Right that's what I was asking and what I thought. I'll hopefully get a chance to listen to it this afternoon.

The whole thing's a little weird. Dan Dickitch is talking about JBo's eyes. Northside is talking about Fran riding Cook last night. JBo is saying he loves Indiana's balls. I bet every championship basketball team goes thru these types of weirdness. If you ask me, I think it's rather foretelling how much skin this team's gonna have in the NCAA tourney. We're gonna hang some banners after it's all said and done.

Yeah, he was an IU homer for sure, yet he also totally called the Jordan Bohannon ice in the veins as well. When Jordan came down the floor and Dakich said if you look at his eyes he is totally unfazed and is locked in. Bam, Jordan took over the game in the final two minutes.
Fran is coaching the game in front of him. A huge sign of progress. I think the shorter bench is definitely helping, but for example, he limited Cook's second half minutes against Michigan. Giving him the opportunity to ride him last night. Garza should be fresh for Northwestern, as should Moss and Kriener.

When we collapsed '14 and '16 I think part of the reason was Fran running them into the ground. They had nothing left for the stretch run. Hopefully he's learning to keep their legs fresher.