Was it just me?

Dakitch: "INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Baer INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Wiescamp INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Cook INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Iowa INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon"

Indiana missed so many of those shots where if they made them it would have totally changed the game and the momentum. It was sort of unreal...I've gotten so used to those shots going in against Iowa.

Dakich actually said a few decent things about Fran tonight, which was surprising considering their history.

Or was Dan Dakich trying to will Indiana to a win? "Just wait, this next thing will be what changes the game." Followed by an Indiana miss and something good by Bohannon.
Dakich predicted the game changing in favor of Indiana, or an Indiana run just around the corner, approximately 6,354 times. He's still waiting.

He did call Bohannon's crunch time heroics however. He noted that Jordan was calm, not rushing things, and had the look in his eyes.

Last edited:
Indiana missed so many of those shots where if they made them it would have totally changed the game and the momentum. It was sort of unreal...I've gotten so used to those shots going in against Iowa.

Dakich actually said a few decent things about Fran tonight, which was surprising considering their history.
Fran is coaching the game in front of him. A huge sign of progress. I think the shorter bench is definitely helping, but for example, he limited Cook's second half minutes against Michigan. Giving him the opportunity to ride him last night. Garza should be fresh for Northwestern, as should Moss and Kriener.

When we collapsed '14 and '16 I think part of the reason was Fran running them into the ground. They had nothing left for the stretch run. Hopefully he's learning to keep their legs fresher.

Fran was on Dakich's radio show earlier this week. They discussed the Indiana game, Garza playing well and his recruitment story, and coaching Connor. Sounds like they may have buried the hatchet.

Fran was on Dakich's radio show earlier this week. They discussed the Indiana game, Garza playing well and his recruitment story, and coaching Connor. Sounds like they may have buried the hatchet.
Think Bobby Knight will ever appear on his radio show and bury that hatchet?

:p

Dakich predicted the game changing in favor of Indiana, or an Indiana run just around the corner, approximately 6,354 times. He's still waiting.

He did call Bohannon's crunch time heroics however. He noted that Jordan was calm, not rushing things, and had the look in his eyes.
But what the hell else could he say? Nothing? That would have been too obvious, even for him.

The guy's a dick.

Dakitch: "INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Baer INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Wiescamp INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Cook INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA INDIANA LANGFORD INDIANA MORGAN INDIANA Iowa INDIANA LANFORD MORGAN INDIANA Bohannon"
Well done.

He literally said Langford was lazy on defense and didn’t deserve to be a top 5 pick throughout the course of that broadcast.

I swear Iowa fans always feel like people are out to get them.

He also said Weiskamp was the best shooter in the building and Cook was the hardest working player on the floor last night.

I thought Dakich called a great game last night.
51r%2BHMAGbtL._SY879_.jpg

I’m not trolling or joking. Sometimes he says stupid stuff but he calls it how he sees it and I thought he did a great job last night. Here are a few quotes I liked.

-When Garza was in foul trouble he mentioned that wasn’t the worst thing for Iowa. He said each game is organic and Baer was more important tonight. With Iowa playing zone and Cook going, that turned out to be 100% true. Garza just struggles moving his feet and against a quicker Indiana team, similar to Minny Garza struggled on D.

-When Kriener picked up his 3rd foul he mentioned the Iowa staff isn’t worried about Kriener fouling out. Said they were just buying some time and had Baer who would be more important. Kriener fans might not like it but again that’s 100% accurate.

-ESPN put up a graphic showing Langford as a top 5 pick, he kind of shrugged and said I don’t know about that. I’m in agreement, Langford is wildly overrated. He called out Langford’s D and lack of B-ball IQ on a few occasions.

-On the big TC turnaround jumper, Dakich mentioned how hard TC had played all game and how good things happen when you play hard. Totally agree, TC had one of his best floor games as a Hawk.

-On the JBo corner three he complimented Fran on an excellent set (it was probably Speraw). We isolated Cook in the post with JBo in the corner, when Jbo’s man came down to double Cook made the correct play and JBo drilled it. Dakich said that’s great offense by Iowa.

So yes I thoroughly enjoyed Dakich calling the game last night. I don’t hold grudges over something mean he said about Iowa who knows when. To be honest I can’t even remember what it was. Heck our own play by play guy said mean things about iowa and was lauded a hero. Time to move on.

By no means a fan of Dakitch, but not going to throw him under the bus for repeated comments about "IU getting ready to make a run" or "IU poised to take control of the game" type comments. Honestly its what half of us think when we watch Iowa play on the road. We have a history of going through droughts and giving up huge runs in the second half...I don't fault any announcer for thinking it could happen again.

That said huge win on the road. Unfortunately it means very little if we don't come out ready for Northwestern. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

I’m not trolling or joking. Sometimes he says stupid stuff but he calls it how he sees it and I thought he did a great job last night. Here are a few quotes I liked.

-When Garza was in foul trouble he mentioned that wasn’t the worst thing for Iowa. He said each game is organic and Baer was more important tonight. With Iowa playing zone and Cook going, that turned out to be 100% true. Garza just struggles moving his feet and against a quicker Indiana team, similar to Minny Garza struggled on D.

-When Kriener picked up his 3rd foul he mentioned the Iowa staff isn’t worried about Kriener fouling out. Said they were just buying some time and had Baer who would be more important. Kriener fans might not like it but again that’s 100% accurate.

-ESPN put up a graphic showing Langford as a top 5 pick, he kind of shrugged and said I don’t know about that. I’m in agreement, Langford is wildly overrated. He called out Langford’s D and lack of B-ball IQ on a few occasions.

-On the big TC turnaround jumper, Dakich mentioned how hard TC had played all game and how good things happen when you play hard. Totally agree, TC had one of his best floor games as a Hawk.

-On the JBo corner three he complimented Fran on an excellent set (it was probably Speraw). We isolated Cook in the post with JBo in the corner, when Jbo’s man came down to double Cook made the correct play and JBo drilled it. Dakich said that’s great offense by Iowa.

So yes I thoroughly enjoyed Dakich calling the game last night. I don’t hold grudges over something mean he said about Iowa who knows when. To be honest I can’t even remember what it was. Heck our own play by play guy said mean things about iowa and was lauded a hero. Time to move on.

Exactly. Dakich had a few moments where you could tell his roots but that's going to happen for anybody calling a game at their alma mater. I thought he called a pretty good and fair game as well.

I didn't think he was too over the top pro-Indiana. Broadcasters I think watch it when the cover a game featuring their alma mater to not appear to be too much of a homer. Herby does the same thing when he covers a tOSU game.

I agree but I’m not surprised that someone would call him out. Some Iowa fans can be very critical of anyone with Indiana BB ties. Sounds like certain people only heard what they wanted to hear. DK was very critical of Indiana play throughout the game and had plenty of praise for Iowa and Fran.

Jock itch is maddening. One minute he says something about Iowa's offense where he explains the cleverness of the motion to get the ball into the post. Good commentary.

Then he says something that makes me think he's a complete idiot. For example, Bohannon was shooting free throws with 11 minutes left and misses the front end. On the second shot "This is the most important shot of the game...this is absolutely huge." I'm like, we were up 8 or something like that...and there's 11 freaking minutes left you moron. I get momentum...but everyone knew Bohannon was going to hit the second anyway. Cook's shot wasn't more important with the clock running down and a 1 possession game at the 3:00 minute mark...Bohannon hitting two threes within the last 75 seconds weren't more important Dan? The actual 6 free throws at the end that Bohannon hit weren't more important Dan?