Wadley

Poor fella also lost a fumble too... If it hadn't been for that obvious negative I think he made a great first impression out there. He wasn't getting much help in the blocking department

I gotta think Ak makes the team.
He'll have to quit putting the ball on the ground. Hope he hasn't been in camp so far. He's got exactly what teams are looking for with his versatility. But if other guys aren't fumbling... He also dropped a kickoff that bounced off the pylon for a touch back.. If that'd have gone out of bounds at the 1 yard line instead he may have gotten cut right then since he'd already fumbled before that...

On Wadleys kickoff return if he'd have stayed outside and tried juking/outrunning that kicker to the sideline he may have been able to go all the way. Cutting back to the middle into those 2 other guys closing in plus the kicker he had no shot of getting much further than he did. Beating 1 guy is easier than 3 is all I know.

He should get a shot. Probably some lame one year contract to start with, but still a shot.
With attrition what it is in the NFL now, a shot is all a guy needs. I think Shonn Greene was kind of a non-factor early in the year as a rookie and then as guys wore down when the season grinded on, Shonn was really hard to tackle once he started getting significant reps late in the year.

With attrition what it is in the NFL now, a shot is all a guy needs. I think Shonn Greene was kind of a non-factor early in the year as a rookie and then as guys wore down when the season grinded on, Shonn was really hard to tackle once he started getting significant reps late in the year.
I agree. Wadley just has to much talent to not see what he can do at the next level. Thing is they won't be as nice as KF was. They tell you they want to see improvement or weight gain, they mean it. No more one game suspensions and let me hold your hand.
Want to play with the men as an income, then it's up to you to prove you belong.
That said, I think he gets his shot.

I agree. Wadley just has to much talent to not see what he can do at the next level. Thing is they won't be as nice as KF was. They tell you they want to see improvement or weight gain, they mean it. No more one game suspensions and let me hold your hand.
Want to play with the men as an income, then it's up to you to prove you belong.
That said, I think he gets his shot.
I hope he does. I don't think he has breakaway speed or the size the NFL is looking for from a guy who gets a lot of reps, but he is a good receiver out of the backfield and he has an exceptionally good first cut that could make him a good third down back who gets in on 8 or 10 plays a game and maybe gets 2 or 3 touches a week. He also got decent at blocking, but I don't know that his blocking translates to the NFL just yet given his size which would ultimately be the difference maker on him making or not making a roster this year.

Greene made a nice one two punch with Ladanian Tomlinson when they were there. I can't remember at what point of his career that was but it had to have been fairly early on like his 2nd/3rd year maybe. Greene had a monster playoff game I remember where he scored a long TD that iced it. He was a Rex Ryan kind of RB for sure. I can't remember how his rookie year went exactly or if that was it or not. Time escapes me now

I hope he does. I don't think he has breakaway speed or the size the NFL is looking for from a guy who gets a lot of reps, but he is a good receiver out of the backfield and he has an exceptionally good first cut that could make him a good third down back who gets in on 8 or 10 plays a game and maybe gets 2 or 3 touches a week. He also got decent at blocking, but I don't know that his blocking translates to the NFL just yet given his size which would ultimately be the difference maker on him making or not making a roster this year.

He's got a shiftiness and ability to break 1-2 tackles a run that can get him an extra handful of yards to move chains. His jukes may not work in the NFL as proficient as in college but he still may have enough wiggle to make him valuable, especially as a 3rd down back or someone to spell the top 2 RB's for a series or two a game, then 3rd down spot duty in the flow of the game. I think he has value.

He gives you all that with still a breakaway threat ability. So there's that.

Wadley's versatility is a quality many NFL teams are looking for these days. With his background of playing at Iowa and understanding the importance of blocking, route running, down hill running, and special teams, he should get a good shot. I think it remains to be seen whether he'll stick with the Titans, but as long he does what he's told and the fumbling doesn't become regular, he'll have a good shot! He had a great all around game last night, despite the fumble.

He's got a shiftiness and ability to break 1-2 tackles a run that can get him an extra handful of yards to move chains. His jukes may not work in the NFL as proficient as in college but he still may have enough wiggle to make him valuable, especially as a 3rd down back or someone to spell the top 2 RB's for a series or two a game, then 3rd down spot duty in the flow of the game. I think he has value.

He gives you all that with still a breakaway threat ability. So there's that.
Yeah. I thought if all he did last night was that one play where he converted that 4th down reception he'd have had a great night. He showed his route running, soft hands, and quick feet and balance with the ability to tight rope the sideline to get the 1st down and then some. As you'd mentioned fumbling and dropping that one kickoff just didn't help at all... But his last impression was that great KO return he had. So how they grade him compared to who he's up against is anyones guess.

Yeah. I thought if all he did last night was that one play where he converted that 4th down reception he'd have had a great night. He showed his route running, soft hands, and quick feet and balance with the ability to tight rope the sideline to get the 1st down and then some. As you'd mentioned fumbling and dropping that one kickoff just didn't help at all... But his last impression was that great KO return he had. So how they grade him compared to who he's up against is anyones guess.

That wasn't the easiest catch to make, actually. Watch his hands coral that ball. He had the awareness to get what he needed for yards and made the play. A dropped ball at that point and late in the game could have been a really bad thing as that would have been the last play they remember.

That wasn't the easiest catch to make, actually. Watch his hands coral that ball. He had the awareness to get what he needed for yards and made the play. A dropped ball at that point and late in the game could have been a really bad thing as that would have been the last play they remember.
Reminds me of Thurman Thomas, except better.

They tried picking on Jackson a few times and he did great. Was called for a BS hold I thought once and missed on a tackle where he put his head down and just plain wiffed on the guy. Overall I thought he did good he played against the first teamers out there

Reminds me of Thurman Thomas, except better.
Yeah he's a smaller version of him I can see that. Thomas was a big time baller to. People forget he was the reason Barry Sanders had to wait to play at Oklahoma ST right away. How unfair was that to have those two on the same team even for just a yr or so. Unreal

Latest posts