Wadley NOT Coming Back

I know it sounds crazy but I think this is the offseason where Ferentz really switches things up on offense and opens things up to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Wadley coming back would really make this whole things take off.
What ever would lead you to believe...you srill believe in Santa?

I hope he bolts and does well...why not. He owes KF and us nothing...

We have lots of skill people in the wings, don't we?????

Kirk gave him a chance to play for a major college football team, behind an above-average offensive line where he was able to showcase his skills. I'd say he at least owes some gratitude to Ferentz for that.

The coaching profession is notorious for promising themselves as coaches to players...only to bolt at the next pot of gold or chance in the sun. Acting as if they "owe" their players nothing.

That players do the same seems fair to me...

Wadley as a star in the NFL would do wonders, perhaps, for Iowa's recruiting...which, well, isn't what one needs to stay competitive in a bowl game vs teams that have athletes.

In my limited world of talent expertise...I could see him being a great slot receiver and an occasional RB...Hoping the Rams or Packers draft him!

He can give Kirk a hug on the way out the door...

Kirk gave him a chance to play for a major college football team, behind an above-average offensive line where he was able to showcase his skills. I'd say he at least owes some gratitude to Ferentz for that.
That's B.S. There are plenty of games we'd have lost if he wasn't for him.

As far as gratitude, where are you finding evidence that Akrum Wadley doesn't appreciate Kirk Ferentz? I've certainly never heard him said anything that would indicate that. Kirk Ferentz actually hated his running style and was much more sold on Daniels. If anything, Kirk should admit he was wrong about it.

And if you're saying gratitude would be staying another year for the sake of the Davis/Ferentz 1-2 punch offense, you're a bigger dumb ass than I would have thought.

He owes everything he is to Kirk, and now he is leaving with the job only half done. There is so much to build upon, and the foundation is already there.

That's B.S. There are plenty of games we'd have lost if he wasn't for him.

As far as gratitude, where are you finding evidence that Akrum Wadley doesn't appreciate Kirk Ferentz? I've certainly never heard him said anything that would indicate that. Kirk Ferentz actually hated his running style and was much more sold on Daniels. If anything, Kirk should admit he was wrong about it.

And if you're saying gratitude would be staying another year for the sake of the Davis/Ferentz 1-2 punch offense, you're a bigger dumb ass than I would have thought.

Maybe you didn't read the post I was responding to that stated Wadley owed nothing to Ferentz. Ferentz offered him a ride here when most other big schools didn't. He set Wadley up to succeed and AW did so. Not all of AW's success is due to KF of course but it's safe to say a little bit of it is.

Personally, I wouldn't blame Wadley for leaving at all and I never stated that in my post.

I know it sounds crazy but I think this is the offseason where Ferentz really switches things up on offense and opens things up to get the ball to our playmakers in space. Wadley coming back would really make this whole things take off.

yZGRnxL.png

Wadley would look good in a Patriots jersey.
I'm not a Pats fan at all, but he'd fit in that system.

I'm not a big Green Bay fan but what they do with Randel Cobb would fit Wadley well. Designed runs from the backfield and designed passes to get him the ball in space but not their bell cow RB or go to WR.

You realize they are going to draft Christrian McCaffery don't you? They are on a quest to have all white skill position players on offense.:)

Does anyone ever say - "that person would suck in the Pats system."? Such irony that our coach was a protege of the leader of that system and yet it doesn't really work for us...but the Pats have good weather so that's probably the reason it doesn't work in Iowa

Does anyone ever say - "that person would suck in the Pats system."? Such irony that our coach was a protege of the leader of that system and yet it doesn't really work for us...but the Pats have good weather so that's probably the reason it doesn't work in Iowa

Haha good point.
And I don't even know what the Pat's system is lol.
All I know is if Belichick wanted him, it would work. That's the system.

Latest posts