Visitor Locker Room Theft

This is a lousy deal for both universities. I'm sure it's embarrassing enough for the team as well as the ISU fans...I can't wait to rub it in with some on Monday...

I don't think anybody is saying Pollard "allowed" it. In the end though he is the athletic director and he is responsible for all factors of the operation, from hiring coaches to making sure they don't run out of Clone Cones at the concession stands and everything in between. He should take heat for this.

That's why I said that I'm sure he'll take the blame for this.

But he entrusted the campus security to do their jobs, and obviously they didn't. But he didn't want them to not do their jobs. And that's what some on here are making it out to be.

I too wish this series would end. Both sides would be better off for it to end IMO. There's too much downright hatred towards each side that it's become unhealthy. Plus, KF still has a losing record against ISU.;)

from cyfan:

Yeah, I doubt if they would have cameras in the locker room. Opposing head coaches would not allow that I'm guessing?

What a complete joke of a night though. This night will set our program back a ways. It's one thing to lose a game, but we also tried to blare loud music to make it hard for Iowa to hear because our fans were already gone, and then we steal stuff from the opponents locker room too? You have to be kidding me. What a nightmare.

That guy is surprisingly sober and rational for that board.

The athletic department “controls the building, and has a security firm,â€￾

Would have been better if they had firm security.

What an embarrassment for Iowa State. Iowa runs it down their throats for 3 hours, the officials have to tell the stadium ops people to turn the music down, and then the visiting locker room gets broken into.

But hey, forward and all that.

That's why I said that I'm sure he'll take the blame for this.

But he entrusted the campus security to do their jobs, and obviously they didn't. But he didn't want them to not do their jobs. And that's what some on here are making it out to be.

I too wish this series would end. Both sides would be better off for it to end IMO. There's too much downright hatred towards each side that it's become unhealthy. Plus, KF still has a losing record against ISU.;)

Ive been waiting for the Cry-Hawk rivalry to delve into the realm of Bama/Auburn.

Id say this is all on Pollard for not having security. From that article:

Iowa State police officers are not stationed in the building, according to the email.

LeVar Woods tweeted that his cell phone came up missing from the locker room last night. ISU probably trying to get to his contacts list to steal recruits.

Id say this is all on Pollard for not having security. From that article:

Iowa State police officers are not stationed in the building, according to the email.
While it would be easy to pile on I think we need to be careful
1-There likely was security. It would be a failure of those given the duty for security.
2-It also isn't totally inconceivable that someone affiliated with ui is involved.

While it would be easy to pile on I think we need to be careful
1-There likely was security. It would be a failure of those given the duty for security.
2-It also isn't totally inconceivable that someone affiliated with ui is involved.

Pollard hired said security, at a minimum, that was a dramatic fail. The second wreaks of trying to blame the victim. Who exactly would someone "affiliated" with UI be who was alone in the locker room to go through everyone's stuff and rip them off during a game?

:confused:

Latest posts