Visitor Locker Room Theft

It was a simple solution, and one that should have been in place long before this incident....that is simply posting a guard in the hallway/door to the locker room. How can you blame the security company, when ISU wouldn't pay for a guard at the door? That is an ISU decision, not a security company decision.

Do you know procedure for the hired company and the details of their contact? Deano, please tell us all! Thanks in advance!

Do you know procedure for the hired company and the details of their contact? Deano, please tell us all! Thanks in advance!

It is called reading, you should try it.

Iowa State plays host to Texas on Thursday night in the Cyclones’ first home game since the theft. Iowa State’s athletics department has made modest security changes in preparation for the team’s remaining home games.

We added an additional security staffer to the locker room corridors with the responsibility to check-in all personnel entering the locker rooms when not occupied by visiting team staff,” wrote Steve Malchow, ISU’s senior associate athletics director for communications, in an email to The Gazette.

It is called reading, you should try it.

Iowa State plays host to Texas on Thursday night in the Cyclones’ first home game since the theft. Iowa State’s athletics department has made modest security changes in preparation for the team’s remaining home games.

We added an additional security staffer to the locker room corridors with the responsibility to check-in all personnel entering the locker rooms when not occupied by visiting team staff,” wrote Steve Malchow, ISU’s senior associate athletics director for communications, in an email to The Gazette.

*additional* which would mean that there would be one or more already.... Maybe you should try reading or not reading things how you'd like them. It's pretty simple. And like I said earlier, if was unfortunate one instance of this happened, but the appropriate measures have been taken, so move on.

*additional* which would mean that there would be one or more already.... Maybe you should try reading or not reading things how you'd like them. It's pretty simple. And like I said earlier, if was unfortunate one instance of this happened, but the appropriate measures have been taken, so move on.

Yeah, additional would be to the one guard at the entrance to the building....Have you been there before? I have, many times, and security was a joke, UNTIL the Iowa locker room incident....all of a sudden I, nor associates of coaches were allowed in the building, only immediate family.

After you get into the building you don't see another security person anywhere, it was a joke really. The only thing that surprises me is that it took that long for something to be stolen. Believe me, we waltzed right into a coaches office and drank his liquor stash. Granted I was with a family member of his, and he told us to do it, but nobody was around to stop us, or even ask us who we were or what we were doing.

But go ahead and keep talking out your azz like you know what they heck security is like in the Jac.

Well when he ran for student government at Iowa, he did put that he "loves the University of Iowa" in his statement for candidacy. That's a start.

Wait a moment. You're saying he's a politician but it's not possible that he would lie to get elected? I hope you didn't attend college.....anywhere. What did Santa bring you this morning?

Well when he ran for student government at Iowa, he did put that he "loves the University of Iowa" in his statement for candidacy. That's a start.

1) He's running for a political position, of course he's going to lie.

2) I love the Iowa State University too. Doesn't mean I like the Athletic Dept.

Yeah, additional would be to the one guard at the entrance to the building....Have you been there before? I have, many times, and security was a joke, UNTIL the Iowa locker room incident....all of a sudden I, nor associates of coaches were allowed in the building, only immediate family.

After you get into the building you don't see another security person anywhere, it was a joke really. The only thing that surprises me is that it took that long for something to be stolen. Believe me, we waltzed right into a coaches office and drank his liquor stash. Granted I was with a family member of his, and he told us to do it, but nobody was around to stop us, or even ask us who we were or what we were doing.

But go ahead and keep talking out your azz like you know what they heck security is like in the Jac.

LOL I've been there 3 times in the past 3 years, and I can tell you are wrong.

LOL I've been there 3 times in the past 3 years, and I can tell you are wrong.

Since you have been in there, you realize how easy it was to score a pass to get in. After entering, be honest now, how many security personnel did you encounter once in the building? I don't ever recall seeing a single security person in the building, and like I said we would go into the coaches office.

Wouldn't this be the lock on the door that Iowa forgot to lock?

No, it's not the responsibility of the opposing coaching staff to keep a facility secure. It's the responsibility of the security crew that the home team's athletic director hires. Ultimately, it's the responsibility of the home team's athletic director.

News flash..... A Hok fan was the criminal doing this to his own team. What is KF and Gary going to do with the culture at Iowa?

So you go to a school and get your degree there and that makes you a sports fan of the school? Really?! I've got a nephew who went to ISU and wore black and gold all four years - HUGE Hawkeye fan.

The fact that the news that this kid went to Iowa was by far the best thing about ISU's football season this year, tells you all you need to know about where that program is headed.

The fact that the news that this kid went to Iowa was by far the best thing about ISU's football season this year, tells you all you need to know about where that program is headed.

It's a program on the rise. Maybe we beat them next year, but after that all bets are off because in 2015 they won't be young anymore and once the SEZ gets done, they'll vacuum up all the talent in the Midwest and with CPR coaching them, 9 wins a season will be the low water mark with 11 wins being the average. They'll be right there with Oklahoma and Texas.

It's a program on the rise. Maybe we beat them next year, but after that all bets are off because in 2015 they won't be young anymore and once the SEZ gets done, they'll vacuum up all the talent in the Midwest and with CPR coaching them, 9 wins a season will be the low water mark with 11 wins being the average. They'll be right there with Oklahoma and Texas.

Well duh!

Where was this ever said? TIA.

Cy-Hawk locker room thief was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

There you go bud. Find me another thread this positive about ISU football this year. Would it have been after your season opening loss to a bad FCS team? After Iowa stomped you at Jack Trice? Maybe after your choke job at Texas? None of those? How about looking like a high school team against Baylor, getting housed by K-State and OU? Not sure, help me out here.

Forgot about seeing your epic streak of holding teams to under 36 points in regulation come to an end to. LOL

Where was this ever said? TIA.

CWood, why you avoiding my question?? When you were in the Jac how many security people did you actually see? Be honest now. Plus what games were you in there for? I'm pretty impressed if you got in after the locker room theft. I got a good connection, and even he couldn't get me in after that.

popcorn.jpg

Latest posts