Visitor Locker Room Theft

Funny thing is even with reports coming out now they are still denying it happened on CryFan. One guy even goes as far to say an Iowa player probably did it.

this will get interesting. polly needs some negative vibes central IA media - and he is going to start to get it. this has to be an inside job to some degree.

Absolutely. I don't like the fact that ISU police are claiming jurisdiction. Heck, it could be one of their own. Frankly I don't even want Ames police on it because it could have been one of theirs, too. I'd like to see the Iowa DCI called in on this.

And rivalry games reach a new low point. Can we just get rid of this game already?

Also, Pollard absolutely needs to take the heat for this. Where was security? Not sure what SOP is for these games, but their should be some sort of security outside of the locker rooms at all games. There should either be an actual police officer or some sort of campus security/rent-a-cop to prevent something like this from happening.

Absolutely. I don't like the fact that ISU police are claiming jurisdiction. Heck, it could be one of their own. Frankly I don't even want Ames police on it because it could have been one of theirs, too. I'd like to see the Iowa DCI called in on this.

if you've watched any TBS style movies, you know that this is the US Marshalls job. and you call yourself a student of the law....

And rivalry games reach a new low point. Can we just get rid of this game already?

Also, Pollard absolutely needs to take the heat for this. Where was security? Not sure what SOP is for these games, but their should be some sort of security outside of the locker rooms at all games. There should either be an actual police officer or some sort of campus security/rent-a-cop to prevent something like this from happening.

Where you gonna find a cop in Story County who will be willing to miss the Super Bowl guarding a locker room?

At least if it happened at Iowa, we could say it was drunk students (#1 party school in america)...at ISU, it only means that a few students took a night off of the typical "cow tipping" Saturday nights.

if you've watched any TBS style movies, you know that this is the US Marshalls job. and you call yourself a student of the law....

To my knowledge, the Feds wouldn't have jurisdiction. I just know I don't want the yokels from Wal-Mart, errr, Ames, trying to find the perp(s).

At least if it happened at Iowa, we could say it was drunk students (#1 party school in america)...at ISU, it only means that a few students took a night off of the typical "cow tipping" Saturday nights.

Iowa students have been conditioned by the loon profs there to stay away from the pink locker room because it is a signal of the objectification and oppression of womyn so an Iowa student would cut bait and run when confronted with all of that pink.

Funny thing is even with reports coming out now they are still denying it happened on CryFan. One guy even goes as far to say an Iowa player probably did it.

from cyfan:

Yeah, I doubt if they would have cameras in the locker room. Opposing head coaches would not allow that I'm guessing?

What a complete joke of a night though. This night will set our program back a ways. It's one thing to lose a game, but we also tried to blare loud music to make it hard for Iowa to hear because our fans were already gone, and then we steal stuff from the opponents locker room too? You have to be kidding me. What a nightmare.

I'm sure Pollard will take the blame for this.

But for anyone to think that he allowed this to happen is asinine. Some people on here are almost acting as if ISU officials allowed this to happen on purpose. You really can't be that stupid, right?

You can all hate Jamie Pollard if you want, that's your right. But he is a stand up guy. I'm sure Gary Barta is a stand up guy too. Neither one would want something like this to happen under their watch.

So go ahead and bash the security or whatever, but don't think for a minute that any AD would want something like this to happen.

It would be akin to me blaming Gary Barta for the Iowa fans throwing things at the ISU football players on the sidelines. I wouldn't blame Barta for that, and I'm sure he doesn't condone that. But it still happens. I have known several ISU football players over the years and you'd be amazed at what gets thrown at them. I'm sure it happens to Iowa players at ISU too. There are bad apples everywhere.

But I don't think that Jamie Pollard or Gary Barta are bad apples. They are good guys that don't want to see any black marks against their programs.

New report out of Ames. Turns out the theft was completed by several ISU defensive players. The story goes on to say it was all about retaliation for the fact that the Iowa offensive line stole their dignity first. Well, they do have a point. Their defensive line took more dives than Greg Louganis.

But for anyone to think that he allowed this to happen is asinine. Some people on here are almost acting as if ISU officials allowed this to happen on purpose. You really can't be that stupid, right?

You can all hate Jamie Pollard if you want, that's your right. But he is a stand up guy. I'm sure Gary Barta is a stand up guy too. Neither one would want something like this to happen under their watch.

So go ahead and bash the security or whatever, but don't think for a minute that any AD would want something like this to happen.

It would be akin to me blaming Gary Barta for the Iowa fans throwing things at the ISU football players on the sidelines. I wouldn't blame Barta for that, and I'm sure he doesn't condone that. But it still happens. I have known several ISU football players over the years and you'd be amazed at what gets thrown at them. I'm sure it happens to Iowa players at ISU too. There are bad apples everywhere.

But I don't think that Jamie Pollard or Gary Barta are bad apples. They are good guys that don't want to see any black marks against their programs.

ultimately the buck stops somewhere. it's his program, and he hires the people to run said athletic program. i doubt he was directly doing this to fund raise for his program, but to even have the locker room remotely accessible is a big question mark. i doubt this was done by 'a few drunk students'.......and if it was, that is even a bigger question mark.

I don't think anybody is saying Pollard "allowed" it. In the end though he is the athletic director and he is responsible for all factors of the operation, from hiring coaches to making sure they don't run out of Clone Cones at the concession stands and everything in between. He should take heat for this.

Latest posts