Virginia

This. And include bubble teams higher up on the ladder than Iowa, as per Lunardi. Like Baylor, Maryland, and Arizona State....you look at their profiles and just say 'huh'? Why is Iowa getting the rear end of this all the time?

This. And include bubble teams higher up on the ladder than Iowa, as per Lunardi. Like Baylor, Maryland, and Arizona State....you look at their profiles and just say 'huh'? Why is Iowa getting the rear end of this all the time?

I think many just disregarded Iowa, most Iowa fans included, after they lost at Nebraska. Since then, the bubble has fallen apart and Iowa should be back in the conversation.

I have wondered about Virginia for a couple weeks now, even before the Duke win. They have some horrible losses which apparently occurred when they had a lot of injuries.

Even so, their resume is not much different from Iowa's.

I have wondered about Virginia for a couple weeks now, even before the Duke win. They have some horrible losses which apparently occurred when they had a lot of injuries.

Even so, their resume is not much different from Iowa's.

So, what Duke caliber team did Iowa beat?

OK, beat one Duke and lose to a bunch of NW types....makes you a winner winner chicken dinner in my book. Shows you are more likely to lose to a bad team than beat a good one.

Same with MN. Beat an IN and all the sudden 'lock city baby'. Then barely score 50 at NE and nobody thinks twice. What crap is that?

OK, beat one Duke and lose to a bunch of NW types....makes you a winner winner chicken dinner in my book. Shows you are more likely to lose to a bad team than beat a good one.

Same with MN. Beat an IN and all the sudden 'lock city baby'. Then barely score 50 at NE and nobody thinks twice. What crap is that?

this

So, what Duke caliber team did Iowa beat?

I was completely unaware that one game was all it took to get in the tournament.

Yes, they have 7 wins against top 100.....but they also have 7 losses against 100+....including a real doozy to Old Dominion who is currently ranked #317.

It's the way its set up. Fran new that going in but wanted wins. No system is perfect. If we were borderline in with a system many would be praising it.

Fran can blame no one but himself. It's all the 200 plus teams we played.

That said on a given day we've lost to 3 + 100 teams. We didn't play many 100 - 200 teams period. We'll get 2 more chances this year. Those aren't going to be gimmees.

We need at least 3 and maybe 4 more wins. Lose one of the next 3 and it's a really hard pull up hill.

All is said and done, Iowa wins their next two (and hopefully three), and I am confident they will be right in the thick of it.
Lose either of the next two and I do agree, she is probably all over.

All is said and done, Iowa wins their next two (and hopefully three), and I am confident they will be right in the thick of it.
Lose either of the next two and I do agree, she is probably all over.

Iowa winning the next 2 probably does nothing which is 100% because of the opponents. Game 3 will be Iowa's play in game.

List 7 RPI 100+ teams that iowa lost to.

Bad losses is something only fans talk about. All bubble teams have proven they can lose, that's how they got on the bubble to start with. The selection committee takes a real hard look at who you've beaten.

Again though, makes no sense. Beat one Duke and lose to 7 NW's. I don't get excited about that, you had one good night and played bad basketball 7 other nights. Not a tourney team to me.

Bad losses is something only fans talk about. All bubble teams have proven they can lose, that's how they got on the bubble to start with. The selection committee takes a real hard look at who you've beaten.

As of right now, Virginia has 4 wins against the Top 50. So does Iowa (albeit in more attempts).

Virginia has 7 losses outside of the Top 100. Iowa just 3.
Virigina has 4 losses to sub-150 teams. Iowa just 1.

It's an interesting comparison.

Here are the links, for easy reference:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/258
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/2294

Yes it is...and something the Committee better take seriously for our sake, if Iowa does its job and wins a few more games.

Latest posts