Virginia

"It's all the 200 plus teams we played."

As far as the bad RPI is concerned it is more about the teams ranked 300+ as we played 5 of them and only played 2 teams ranked 200-299. Minnesota played zero 300+ teams and 3 in the 200-299 group. ISU only played one 300+ team and 9 200-299 (lost to one of them).

"We didn't play many 100 - 200 teams period."

We played 10 teams ranked 100-200 and lost to 3 of them.

A few Road Wins against good teams would have been nice, we only have 2 Road Wins and they came at 161 NW and 174 Penn St. We have 2 Neutral Court Wins against 72 UNI and 180 W. Kentucky.

As to the team that is the subject of this thread, Virginia played 3 300+ teams and lost to one of them on a neutral court by 2. they are 4-0 against 200-299 and 7-6 against 100-199. They have Road Wins at 40 Wisc, 86 Mary, 164 VIRGINIA TECH (score was 73-55). There losses do look a lot worse than Iowa's.

In relationship to how many we needed to play.

Again, beat one great team and lose to 7 bad ones. Shows me you have a slim chance to actually do it again, but a better chance to get bounced right out the Dance to a high seed.

Don't tell me to "listen". I'm not the one making broad - to say nothing of untrue - generalizations. The amount of bad losses for bubble teams is relative and should be weighted against the other bubble teams. Just like every other data point. You don't not consider something just before everyone else has some amount of it. That's like saying that you won't consider what conference someone plays in because everyone plays in a conference. Silly and myopic.

Its not Myopic. Its tbe mindset of past selection committees and its not likely to change.

What would help is to have the top seeds win in there conference tournaments. We need as many at large spots left as possible.

What would help is to have the top seeds win in there conference tournaments. We need as many at large spots left as possible.

Bingo. Gonzaga, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Belmont, Bucknell, and Stephen F. Austin all need to win their conference tournaments.

Virginia is getting consideration because of the 10-7 ACC record.

I agree with this to a point. Virginia has a superior record to Iowa at this point, and that matters. Within their conference, they hold the fifth position, compared to Iowa's eighth position, and even more compelling, they have beat a triad of the teams ahead of them in conference.

It's the way its set up. Fran new that going in but wanted wins. No system is perfect. If we were borderline in with a system many would be praising it.

Fran can blame no one but himself. It's all the 200 plus teams we played.

That said on a given day we've lost to 3 + 100 teams. We didn't play many 100 - 200 teams period. We'll get 2 more chances this year. Those aren't going to be gimmees.

We need at least 3 and maybe 4 more wins. Lose one of the next 3 and it's a really hard pull up hill.

I really don't like you. I hope you get tickled to death by clowns wearing walking boots.

I really don't like you. I hope you get tickled to death by clowns wearing walking boots.

Love you too bro....

You must not like many people.... I'm going to lose sleep tonight thinking of clowns....if you meant clones....

Btw, truth hurts. Put down you pom poms and slowly back away from the ledge...

Virginia is ahead of Iowa in every ranking system but I can't figure out how. Each team has 4 wins against the top 50, but Virginia has four 150+ losses to Iowa's one and seven 100+ losses to Iowa's two. Also their schedule is weaker than Iowa's and their record away from home is worse than Iowa's. Also Maryland is out of the bracket despite having the same record as Virginia and being 16-0 against the RPI 125+. doesn't make any sense.

Listen. Every single team on the bubble has bad losses. Every one. That's how they ended up on the bubble to begin with. Whether a team is 11-4 or 13-2 against sub 150 teams doesn't matter st that point. What DOES matter is who you can beat. The committee wants teams in the tourney who can WIN. They don't care so much that you can lose to Va Tech if you can beat OSU or MSU.

All you guys bringing up loses are just like they guys who had us out of the NIT last year because we lost to Campbell and were barely over .500. What none of you took into account is all the quality wins we had. You were so caught up in who we could lose to you didn't realize who we could beat.

I don't know if we or Virginia gets in or now. What I do know is I would give an edge to Virginia because they've proven they can seal the deal against a 1 seed and Iowa hasn't shown that.

I also know Woody ain't a lottery pick.

Actually Iowa doesn't have bad losses they have bad loss. They might not even have that soon if Va Tech can sneak into the top 150. Also, for not caring about bad losses, they sure do mention them a lot.

Love you too bro....

You must not like many people.... I'm going to lose sleep tonight thinking of clowns....if you meant clones....

Btw, truth hurts. Put down you pom poms and slowly back away from the ledge...

This is very funny coming from someone who easily dismisses any facts that disprove any argument of his.

This is very funny coming from someone who easily dismisses any facts that disprove any argument of his.

I'm still right about the interior defense and you are wrong. Same goes for how it impacts perimeter D which we are actually very weak at which led to good passes from the perimeter to an undersized Illanoy player. You know quite well in many of the games this years many of those blocks would have been fouls. A good defense doesn't have all that many blocked shots. A good defense would not have allowed so many passes into the basket area. Denial is the key, not blocking. Trying to block often makes the shooter doe so with better technique, drive to the hoop or pass. As a side note, scrum is not defense....but it works for some.

Top team shot blocking is not well represented in the top 20: Blocked Shots Per Game - NCAA.com

If we were really that good on D we'd not be worried about Dancing.

Nor is 3 point defense: Three Pt FG Defense - NCAA.com

Sort of like bragging about NFL players from your team as you get beat....

Stats can be good or bad

I'm still right about the interior defense and you are wrong. Same goes for how it impacts perimeter D which we are actually very weak at which led to good passes from the perimeter to an undersized Illanoy player. You know quite well in many of the games this years many of those blocks would have been fouls. A good defense doesn't have all that many blocked shots. A good defense would not have allowed so many passes into the basket area. Denial is the key, not blocking. Trying to block often makes the shooter doe so with better technique, drive to the hoop or pass. As a side note, scrum is not defense....but it works for some.

Top team shot blocking is not well represented in the top 20: Blocked Shots Per Game - NCAA.com

Stats can be good or bad

Actually I would say that it's not Iowa's defense that has been so much the problem this year - it's been the offense. More specifically, the 3 point shooting. But yeah you're right, if Iowa was a better team in areas where it was weak, we wouldn't be worried about making the dance. This team would be 23-7 or something like that instead of 19-11.

Actually Iowa doesn't have bad losses they have bad loss. They might not even have that soon if Va Tech can sneak into the top 150. Also, for not caring about bad losses, they sure do mention them a lot.

You don't consider Purdue (14-16) and Nebraska (14-16) along with VT (14-17) to be bad losses?

Stats can be good or bad

No, I'm still right. Iowa's defense is not the problem, with our defense and even average outside shooting, we'd be solidly in the tournament now.

We're 20th in the nation in defensive efficiency, which is hard to explain from your argument because if a team had poor perimeter defense and interior defense, it seems really unlikely they would be 20th in the nation in defense. Guess we must have good mid range D LOL.

You don't consider Purdue (14-16) and Nebraska (14-16) along with VT (14-17) to be bad losses?

I guess it depends on what you consider to be a bad loss. VT, yes. Purdue - eh, maybe. Nebraska is technically Top 100, so no, not a "bad" loss IMO.

No, I'm still right. Iowa's defense is not the problem, with our defense and even average outside shooting, we'd be solidly in the tournament now.

We're 20th in the nation in defensive efficiency, which is hard to explain from your argument because if a team had poor perimeter defense and interior defense, it seems really unlikely they would be 20th in the nation in defense. Guess we must have good mid range D LOL.

My answers....1: Scrum 2. Ever played or coached against a team that can't shoot well. It catches.

The defense and offense are symptoms. The problem is consistency which is the symptom of very poor fundamentals.

Stats can be good or bad

You're still wrong. And still a troll.

My answers....1: Scrum 2. Ever played or coached against a team that can't shoot well. It catches.

The defense and offense are symptoms. The problem is consistency which is the symptom of very poor fundamentals.

LOL when you have no stats to back up your position move on to buzzwords with undefineable meanings. Classic troll move there.

Latest posts