Video Montage of the UNI - Iowa Fouls

of course i am a UNI fan, you idiot. i am also an iowa fan. i couldnt have given a crap who won last night.

My, my...you embarass me! I am a UNI graduate as well, I am also a life long Hawk fan! I always want the Hawks to win, but I always say that if they are going to lose then I rather have it be to UNI. Well, last night UNI did not deserve the win. Deserving the win is earning it, not having it handed to you by a group of refs. The fact that you are even calling someone an idiot for questioning your loyalties, says all that needs to be said about who you are most loyal to, not to mention the posts that you have made on UNI's forum.

The calls last night by the refs were terrible, one has to ask how much money was paid to them and by whom...the way you are defending them, would you mind if I look at your most recent bank statements...just sayin...

Last edited:
Ok looking at the charge calls, could it be the officials were calling them in UNI's favor because the Iowa players were often leading with shoulders and arms into the defender? Of course, on most of the charge calls the UNI defender was not set and looked to be flopping to the floor.

The one on McCabe was a tone setter.
Iowa was up 10-0, McLeod was DEAD. McCabe was posting up and got called for a bad, bad foul.

Then the run started.

It took away some of the aggression that Iowa was playing with, esp on the D end, where they were simply shutting down UNI's O.

i would be more critical of the officiating if:

1) UNI did not have a lengthy history of being an exceptional defensive team

2) iowa did not consistently commit the same mistakes against other opponents.

the bottom is line is that UNI spends 80% of their practice time on defense and learning how to get calls, and iowa has a quickness problem that results in a ton of charge calls because we struggle to beat people to a spot.

i would be more critical of the officiating if:

1) UNI did not have a lengthy history of being an exceptional defensive team

2) iowa did not consistently commit the same mistakes against other opponents.

the bottom is line is that UNI spends 80% of their practice time on defense and learning how to get calls, and iowa has a quickness problem that results in a ton of charge calls because we struggle to beat people to a spot.

Yup, that's the bottom line. :rolleyes:

Well. Here's the good news. We won't be playing in that rathole in Waterloo with those corrupt officials ever again. We'll see them in CARVER next year. It's going to be a warm reception -

Well. Here's the good news. We won't be playing in that rathole in Waterloo with those corrupt officials ever again. We'll see them in CARVER next year. It's going to be a warm reception -

if we played at a rathole in waterloo we would lose by more than 40.

Rick Brown said on the Keith & Andy show that he was sitting behind the IA bench and thought it was a well officiated game. Other than the obvious, that UNI had 8 FT on Ts... they also made the mistake of fouling UNI several times behind the line, giving them 3 a a pop. They add up fast when you plan stupid ball.

Rick Brown said on the Keith & Andy show that he was sitting behind the IA bench and thought it was a well officiated game. Other than the obvious, that UNI had 8 FT on Ts... they also made the mistake of fouling UNI several times behind the line, giving them 3 a a pop. They add up fast when you plan stupid ball.

Several times? I remember it happening twice, one of which was a questionable call at best. Ask yourself this question; why do you suppose those T's got called? Obviously something got his blood boiling.

I didn't get to watch the game or see high/low lights. Where the hell were those officials from? That might be one of the worst one sided hose jobs I have ever seen and i'm not saying that b/c i'm a Hawk fan. That was horrible. Im surprised it took Fran until the 3 min mark to get tossed. I would have been tossed in the first half!

Higgins is a well respected official, he did work a national semi-final last year.
Jansen is a another respected official, but he has rabbit ear syndrome and calls a lot of ticky-tack fouls that make you just shake your head.
The other ref I have not heard of, apparently he works in the MAC, and smaller conferences.

The problem with this group is Higgins has gotten arrogant this year. Just because he worked the Final Four last year, he now thinks he is "Eddie Hightower." Higgins has already called more Technicals than he did all of last year. He is very arrogant when he approaches coaches and players. Personally do not see him being invited to the Final Four again. His reputation in college basketball is not a positive one right now.

The game is over and it was a lopsided affair on the fouls. Any person can see that, and if you can't its just plain sad. But no matter what, both teams will move on. UNI is set to be pretty good this year, now I personally do not see them being able to sustain this type of success without a "TRUE" post player. I think the MVC will be tough for them and they will finish around 4th or 5th.

Iowa has to get things going, we need a win to spark the players interests. Beating Brown and NC A&T are not BIG wins. This group needs to beat Drake, and then take care of the final two games on our non-conf schedule. We get our first 2 conference games at home, we just need a spark to get us going. I still think this team can win 6 games in the Big Ten!

Latest posts