Video Montage of the UNI - Iowa Fouls

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Someone had the time to make a video... here it is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9q1LE7fsjE]Iowa Hawkeyes at UNI Basketball - 12/7/11 - Horrible Officiating - All fouls against Iowa - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for agreeing with us, all the Iowa State fans whom I know personally were attacking me saying I was being biased and a sore loser.

No problem.
But there is some questioning, how uni got to the line at least 3x as much? something like that

I wouldn't mind it if UNI got the line 33 times compared to Iowa's 9 times - IF they had pounded the ball inside. Instead, they were perimeter oriented and it was actually Iowa that was taking it to the hoop and going inside. Just doesn't add up.

UNI only made NINE 2 point FGs. NINE.
Iowa made 27 2 point FGs.

Ah. With all the other crappy calls I forgot that early priceless one where McCabe got a foul for apparently posting up too hard. Wow. That's not even called in Junior High.

Let me put that stat out there again...

UNI made 9 2pt FGs last night.
Iowa made 27 2pt FGs.
UNI shot 33 FTs.
Iowa shot 9 FTs.

That just does not add up.

The best, worst, call of the night was the hand check when Marble had the ball late in the game. That is a scoreboard, evening out the fouls call, if i have ever seen one

Thanks for the video, spank. That video is why I watch about a half a dozen basketball games a season until the tourney begins. I saw some statistical study on fouls and FT attempts for home teams and it was ridiculously lopsided (some can be attributed to a home team maybe having a slim lead late), but I quit watching WWF when I was 12 and a few years ago, I began to consider the crap from guys like Hightower an affront to the intelligence of the fans and pretty much gave up on basketball.

wow, that is the first time i saw it and that is some tick-tack fouls and I don't know how you can even call half of them. Especially a lot of the charges. And what was the call on the fast break on gatens?

Normally I don't think refs get back at teams because of getting grief from the coach, but last night I think that was the case. Once McCaffrey got booted, UNI started getting called for touch fouls on D. Worst piece of officiating I have ever seen hands down.

That just pisses me off even more, thanks.

I knew it was bad when I watched it live but it gets worse when you put them all together like that.

In addition to the McCabe simply posting up foul I love the traveling call on Brommer when he is laying on the floor next to the UNI player that is holding his head that he hurt in the contact he initiated with Brommer causing him to fall down and get called for the walk.

I also love the transition foul on Gatens where he ends up on the floor and is the one called for the foul.

iahawk72

Had this game been more evenly officiated I would have been upset with Fran's Ts. However his team was playing tough defense and keeping game close because of it, then the officials start whistling some of these calls. Fran gets frustrated because his team can seemingly not play defense while he and his players watch UNI do the same but "get away with it".

I laugh at the Gatens call where he goes flying into the floor. That one is as bad as Solomon's facemask call in 2006 Outback Bowl. Some really quick whistles last night. Almost like they already knew what they were going to call before it happened.

I was trying to look at this reasonably and not through Hawk filtered glasses. That was incredibly bad. In some cases I had to rewind to see what the ref "thought" he saw. In a few of those it was hard to even discern that. Though Fran let himself get caught up in the moment, it appears the refs did as well. How do you call a technical on McCabe for batting the ball out? Unreal.

The best is when the commentator gives credit to the UNI players for keeping their composure.

Why the frick would they have lost their composure?

Latest posts