Van Ness declared

Can't blame him at all with a first round grade. Hate that he's leaving but you have to do what's best for you in this game. Hope he tears it up in the NFL.

Good for him. I'd seen guys like McShay and Kiper both think he's got 1st round talent. If he takes his shirt off at the combine I bet he'll be one. He's the first guy off the bus kinda guy for sure. But he's also a hell of a talent. He hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can do. Is he going to concentrate on playing inside or out? I think he can do either but may need to bulk up to closer to 290ish to play inside at the next level. Last I heard he was in 270s.

Just wish we coulda gotten more snaps out of him. But good for him he's represented himself and the program great and can't be happier for the dude. Keep churning them out

Good for him. I'd seen guys like McShay and Kiper both think he's got 1st round talent. If he takes his shirt off at the combine I bet he'll be one. He's the first guy off the bus kinda guy for sure. But he's also a hell of a talent. He hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can do. Is he going to concentrate on playing inside or out? I think he can do either but may need to bulk up to closer to 290ish to play inside at the next level. Last I heard he was in 270s.

Just wish we coulda gotten more snaps out of him. But good for him he's represented himself and the program great and can't be happier for the dude. Keep churning them out
Wi$h him the be$t. Go get it. But I say this every year with caution. He may have a first round grade but so may 75 others.

Only 32 men can get drafted in the first round. Let's hope he and Campbell are two of them.

Great for him and can't blame him at all. Just wish we would have used him a lot more. I dont remember him even starting unless it was for an injury. Nothing against our starting front 4 this year, but kind of crazy our best DL didn't even start.

I wonder why we seemed to frequently give up a long/longish drive to start the game.

Wi$h him the be$t. Go get it. But I say this every year with caution. He may have a first round grade but so may 75 others.

Only 32 men can get drafted in the first round. Let's hope he and Campbell are two of them.

Do they not do that supplemental draft thing anymore?

Always blows my mind when guys who have never started a college game get drafted.
Happened with the old John Wooden UCLA teams all the time. There were guys who couldn't make that starting lineup who had no trouble playing in the NBA.

It's one of the reasons why I think the best Wooden teams were the aberration to the question "Can the NCAA champion beat the worst NFL (or NBA) team.

Wooden's Lew Alcindor teams alone would have won 30-35 games playing an NBA schedule. Alcindor was one of the ten best players in the world while still at UCLA.

Happened with the old John Wooden UCLA teams all the time. There were guys who couldn't make that starting lineup who had no trouble playing in the NBA.

It's one of the reasons why I think the best Wooden teams were the aberration to the question "Can the NCAA champion beat the worst NFL (or NBA) team.

Wooden's Lew Alcindor teams alone would have won 30-35 games playing an NBA schedule. Alcindor was one of the ten best players in the world while still at UCLA.
Swen Nater comes to mind....

He backed up Bill Walton and I don't think he ever started at UCLA but went on to stick in the NBA for several years, with at least some success.

It great for him sucks for us fans. But I can’t write him a check with that many zeros like the NFL will.

Deontae Craig played well at the end of the year and is coming back. Joe Evans is back. Wonder if they will slide Aaron Graves inside? The D-line and secondary are still in pretty good shape despite the losses.

Last edited:
Always blows my mind when guys who have never started a college game get drafted.
Barry Sanders coulda almost did that... He was behind Thurman Thomas a couple yrs I think and didn't start. Yet he was obviously good enough. He was a stud kick returner and did play some his sophomore yr. If the NFL let players leave after 2 yrs to go pro we woulda missed out on the best season a college RB had ever had.

Latest posts