Van Ness declared

Have there been other first rounders that never started a collegiate game?

I know there are guys who never played college ball, but I'm talking NFL first round draft picks who played in college, but were never starters.
I don't recall if he was drafted in the first, but Alvin Kamara was a high draft pick that, IIRC, wasn't a starter at Tennessee.

I don't recall if he was drafted in the first, but Alvin Kamara was a high draft pick that, IIRC, wasn't a starter at Tennessee.

Peyton Hillis is the second greatest running back of all time and he never started a collegiate game at halfback because he was on the same team as Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. I have some thoughts about how Pottebaum could be in line for similar greatness but I will keep them to myself for the time being.

Peyton Hillis is the second greatest running back of all time and he never started a collegiate game at halfback because he was on the same team as Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. I have some thoughts about how Pottebaum could be in line for similar greatness but I will keep them to myself for the time being.
Hillis is in the ICU damn near dead after he had to go save his two kids from drowning at the beach in Pensacola.

Happened the other day...no shit.

Hillis is in the ICU damn near dead after he had to go save his two kids from drowning at the beach in Pensacola.

Happened the other day...no shit.

One of my good buddies is a huge Browns fan. He still rocks a Peyton Hillis jersey and he informed me of the horrific news the other day. I hope Peyton pulls through his experience.

Reminds us that this summer is the 40th anniversary (!!!!) of the Joe Delaney tragedy.

Not a drowning but David Overstreet also died the same week Delaney did.

Overstreet was a high school teammate, I believe, of Lovie Smith in East Texas. Tough summer for NFL running backs.

Reminds us that this summer is the 40th anniversary (!!!!) of the Joe Delaney tragedy.

Not a drowning but David Overstreet also died the same week Delaney did.

Overstreet was a high school teammate, I believe, of Lovie Smith in East Texas. Tough summer for NFL running backs.

And we're only 6 days away from the 30th anniversary of the tragic passing of Chris Street. Time truly flies.

And we're only 6 days away from the 30th anniversary of the tragic passing of Chris Street. Time truly flies.
I may be one of the few who didn't hear about Chris the next morning.

And in the pre internet, pre social media days I watched Sports Center religiously.

But not that night. I was battling a cold, the heat in my apartment wasn't working well, and I had called it a night well before the story broke.

Because he's better. Said he had a ways to go (whatever that means recovery-wise), but doing better. Sounds like he'll make it outta there.

Yea, they don't want someone to be on a ventilator all too long as I think one's survival goes down the longer one is on it. I guess the body gets used to it and won't learn to breathe on itself after time. So, this makes sense if they are saying he has a ways to go.

Latest posts