Uthoff Can Go anywhere on aid save Big Ten schools

I was not joking re: ISU. Here is a tweet from ISU LB Jake Knott: @Jknott20: I hope Uthoff makes the right choice now that it's allowed ;) #cyclONEnation

If he went to Iowa wouldn't he be able to go on scholarship after the one year sit out period? He could pay his own way for one year and then be on scholarship for the next 3?

He can't get any money at all? Not even academic money for a scholarship? And for how long does this last? Scholarships are year-to-year things so is it only 1 year that he doesnt get a full ride for?

Iowa State is a done deal for certain now. With him that makes 9 transfers in 2 years under Hoiberg. They could still add another during spring as well in Norvelle Pelle. IF that happens that would give them 7 transfers on roster next season. Definitely TransferU.

Iowa State is a done deal for certain now. With him that makes 9 transfers in 2 years under Hoiberg. They could still add another during spring as well in Norvelle Pelle. IF that happens that would give them 7 transfers on roster next season. Definitely TransferU.

You use the term "transfer U" as if it's negative in some way. Why is that?

You use the term "transfer U" as if it's negative in some way. Why is that?

Nothing. Think it is cool to be a trendsetter like Iowa State is. Not sure why more schools don't jump on board with this trend. It worked flawlessly for Iowa State, it's a fail safe plan. Hoiberg has adjusted to the landscape of college basketball and more coaches, especially older ones, should adapt too otherwise they aren't going to succeed.

Last edited:
Umm... why wouldn't Hoiberg be all over this? He's not doing his job if he doesn't. It's a good player, from his home state, that is a good student and kid from all accounts. I would hope he would actively recruit anybody under those circumstances.

Nothing. Think it is cool to be a trendsetter like Iowa State is. Not sure why more schools don't jump on board with this trend. It worked flawlessly for Iowa State, it's a fail safe plan. Hoiberg has adjusted to the landscape of college basketball and more coaches, especially older ones, should adapt too otherwise they aren't going to succeed.

I think you've gone a little to far or are being hyperbolic for effect.

Yeah I'll be mildly surprised if he doesn't go to Iowa State. Be the first Iowa kid on scholarship in a long time.

Latest posts