Uthoff Can Go anywhere on aid save Big Ten schools

You don't think it's easier to sell a program that went to an NCAA tournament in year 2 than selling one that isn't?

It's only a more solid future for Iowa if the recruits pan out. There are no guarantees. I can guarantee that ISU went to the NCAA tournament last year. One in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Selling it to who? How do you explain to a freshman or sophomore that the position he was being groomed for is now being taken by yet another malcontent tranferring in from another school? Sorry, I prefer doing it the McCaffery way and building the program in the more traditional style. It may take a year or two longer, but the wait will be worth it in my estimation.

Selling it to who? How do you explain to a freshman or sophomore that the position he was being groomed for is now being taken by yet another malcontent transferring in from another school? Sorry, I prefer doing it the McCaffery way and building the program in the more traditional style. It may take a year or two longer, but the wait will be worth it in my estimation.

The obvious next question would be, where do things stand if not much happens in "a year or two"?

Selling it to who? How do you explain to a freshman or sophomore that the position he was being groomed for is now being taken by yet another malcontent tranferring in from another school? Sorry, I prefer doing it the McCaffery way and building the program in the more traditional style. It may take a year or two longer, but the wait will be worth it in my estimation.

I would hope that if Fran could bring in a better recruit for a position currently being occupied that he would do it, despite possibly having to hurt some feelings of someone that thought they were entitled to a position because they were here first.

I prefer winning over waiting to win.

Was bringing in Hubbard part of a "win now" or a "wait to win" plan? Either way it was a fail. Coaches have different approaches and there are bumps along the way, no matter what.

I need to make clear that I think Fran is doing a good job.

Last edited:

Latest posts