USA Today article cover Ferentz contract extensively!

Because he asked.....maybe?? You do understand how questions work right?

You probably aren't the right person to try and teach others about common sense. Make introspection your friend. That way you'll finally have a friend.

ytM4Q.gif

I don't like the contract - but what can I do about it? Piss and moan and make a d*ck out of myself on a message board and sound like a Husker fan? This is America buddy - get yours - I can't fault anyone for getting paid. Ferentz has been very good for Iowa, and it's worked out fairly well for both parties. Ferentz was a god last season - a bum this year (at 5-3), and I get that people are frustrated and I think he deserves the criticism... i just ask for a little more transparency from fans

What do you mean "more transparancy from fans"? I don't know how much more clear we can be.

I can't speak for everyone but I'd be comfortable assuming that most had no delusions KF was a "god" last year. (Last season wasn't enough to inspire me to renew my season tix which I had held for 10 season prior.) At best, we recognized the tweaks he made to be more competitive and opportunistic in his strategical decisions, appropriately praised him for finally trying some of those tweaks and were very appreciative of the success to which they contributed.

Now, it appears he's back to being derKirkFer(avis) -- more square peg / round hole in terms of personnel to scheme, more predictable / unimaginative attack, more "WTF?" play calling relative to down, distance and situation ... basically, all of the criticisms leveled against him by everyone from lay fans to knowledgeable analysts -- and the results reflect that.

No rational Hawk fan is or ever was remotely close to having unrealistic expectations about this season, let alone the long-term prospects of the Iowa program. This is not a case of being anywhere near "Husker" fan. This is a case of three things:
1) Falling short of reasonable expectations - AGAIN. We're not just talking wins (9 or 10 was reasonable for 2016) we're talking a return to the annual, inexcusable losses.

2) A failure to continue to build off 2015 in terms of fielding a competitive brand of football.

3) Realizing that the contract has now sentenced Iowa football to another decade of this level and frequency of underperformance; it isn't how much it's how long.

Whether the performance issues are coincidental or related to the contract (apparently, lightning does strike twice) is irrelevant to me. It's that they occur at all, let alone, time and again, that fuel my contempt.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fortunately, I haven't been fooled either time but, beyond not opening my wallet, which I've already resorted to, I don't know what other recourse any fan has but to protest.

I think it's the nature of the business - KF is more than likely the best coach Iowa has had in school history and went 12-2 last season and was NCOY. Iowa is 5-3 and 3-2 in conference - chill - this fan base and message board is borderline pathetic, it's embarrassing. Spare me the trollercoaster about accepting mediocre football and go hang out with Husker fans cause that's what ya'll sound like.

No he is not. That title belongs to Evy (who was also the worst AD in history), or possibly Jones. Ferentz has never even sniffed a National Championship.

You can't be serious. No coach considered great would have taken such a selfish contract with such mediocrity is the last 7 years. Great should be defined as more than just a few top 10 finishes. Character matters. There is nothing showing his integrity in this contract. It smells.

This I disagree with. If someone offers you guaranteed money, you take it. There is a lot of good you can do with that money. You can't fault his agent for getting a fat carrot, either. That's his job.

Now, you can fault Barta fir giving up his leverage and the University president for not firing Barta.

I Kinda wish his agent knew football though. I doubt he would ever sit on a lead or fail to take advantage of a weakness.

You can't control the candidates running for office. Does that mean you aren't going to vote?

That's. . . not really the ay democracy works. You have control over the candidates. Even if it's a tiny amount individually, in the American system, the only thing you have any control over is the candidates running for office.

That's. . . not really the ay democracy works. You have control over the candidates. Even if it's a tiny amount individually, in the American system, the only thing you have any control over is the candidates running for office.

Not really. Bernie Sanders and Don Trump said the system was rigged. However, only Don Trump was criticized for saying it.

This I disagree with. If someone offers you guaranteed money, you take it. There is a lot of good you can do with that money. You can't fault his agent for getting a fat carrot, either. That's his job.

Now, you can fault Barta fir giving up his leverage and the University president for not firing Barta.

I Kinda wish his agent knew football though. I doubt he would ever sit on a lead or fail to take advantage of a weakness.

One can always fault greed. The contract is not in the best interest of the University of Iowa. Ferentz and Barta are both to blame. Kirk new about the buy out provisions and was obviously ok with them. I sincerely hope that if we ever get to the point where the buy out is necessary he will opt to not take the millions for failing at his job.

After the 2012 season where Cirk had Vandy take every snap in the epic losing streak (he should've been benched for a series or a game just to send a message) he should've been fired and GB should've gone for BB or someone else.

But GB and KF have many things in common. Lack of imagination and lack of an understanding on how to maximize potential are two of those things.

Just because he roughed up Barta? Says nothing about how he'd do against a competent AD. Lets not give him any Agent of the Year awards yet. He's played nobody!

I think it's the nature of the business - KF is more than likely the best coach Iowa has had in school history and went 12-2 last season and was NCOY. Iowa is 5-3 and 3-2 in conference - chill - this fan base and message board is borderline pathetic, it's embarrassing. Spare me the trollercoaster about accepting mediocre football and go hang out with Husker fans cause that's what ya'll sound like.

Hayden Fry is the best coach in Iowa Football history. Kirk is 2nd, how close depends on the next 5-7 years.

Not really. Bernie Sanders and Don Trump said the system was rigged. However, only Don Trump was criticized for saying it.

Does anyone really believe the system isnt rigged? of course it is, from city council to congress, to potus.

But that's not why Don isn't getting the job. and no, I'm not with her.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Integrity is doing the right thing.

So if you are offered a shady deal or a bribe you would take it? What about this deal makes sense? It doesn't.

Latest posts