Urban Meyer LEAVING FLORIDA!

Re: Official Urban Meyer Prediction Thread

Seems as though he has had some heart issues as well as a malignant cyst that causes headaches. I think this may just be a break to get the health issues dealt with. If they can be managed, he will come back to coaching in some aspect in the future. I don't see anything else in this.

I somehow see a supergroup of coaches coming to Gainesville including Shanahan, Gruden, Stoops, and Chow as coaches and coordinators...:p

Urban Meyer won the 2006 National Championship with Leak as the Starting QB.

No way he goes to the Browns. Holmgren would never hire someone who requires that much control. Listen to what Herbstreit has to say if you don't think Myer is being legit.

Re: GT - Paul Johnson Candidate for Gator Job

with RR, you wouldn't really have to change offenses that much. Johnson would have to learn to draw up pass routes because florida has no HBs...........florida and texas. funny how the two most high school powerhouse states in terms of producing recruits can't get a decent hb to go there.

Complete control over player personnel moves, Cliche?

He won't get that at Cleveland with Holmgren there. It sounds to me like you don't know what you are talking about if you think he will. And since you dismiss his health issue and assume he is "retiring" but will have that resolved soon enough to be a candidate for the Cleveland job, that simply fuels speculation that you are clueless.

"What did Herbstreit say?"

It's on ESPN. Herbstreit stated that he could tell Meyer was upset about the deicsion and this obviously is something that didn't come easy to him. Also discussed the physical condition he has been dealing with. Sounds like he has a heart ailment due to stress.

It's really crazy. He's only 45 years old, and for him to be speaking that this may be his last coaching job must mean it's pretty damn serious.

No mention of Bob Stoops to Florida? I would think he has fond memories there.

No doubt the stress of coaching at any level can do a person in. Just have to look at the perks you may get with making that much money. I am pretty sure you can have a personal attendant work out the stress in your shoulders or wherever they may be and it would not be a problem taking a vacation wherever you want with the money these guys make.

Honestly the guys that pick up my trash and recycle every week in sub zero conditions could use a break too and they are not getting paid what these guys are. Pressure is taking your kid to the hospital and trying to tell them everything will work out when you don't have a clue what is going on.

Urban, best wishes to you and your health, you may make a good TV guy, just hope you don't fall into the NFL trap and end up sitting in the rocking chair wondering how many national titles you could have had.

with RR, you wouldn't really have to change offenses that much. Johnson would have to learn to draw up pass routes because florida has no HBs...........florida and texas. funny how the two most high school powerhouse states in terms of producing recruits can't get a decent hb to go there.

I'm doubting you've watched Florida play if you're saying they can't recruit backs. Florida has 5 HB's that have 20 carries and ave. atleast 5 ypc. Oh, and they averaged 225 ypg, 5.6 ypc and 26 TD's as a team. Sure you have to credit some of the production to Tebow but you also have to take into account that Tebow is taking carries away from a guy like Demps that gets 7.7 yard per pop.

Is Tim Tebow a candidate? If not next year, how about in three or four years once he realizes he will accomplish nothing in the NFL? HAHAHA

Is Tim Tebow a candidate? If not next year, how about in three or four years once he realizes he will accomplish nothing in the NFL? HAHAHA

HAHAHA, just a guess but I'm sure he'd have no problem going one on one with you or pretty much anyone else on this website when it comes to accomplishments.

And 5 years ago I would have agreed with you on him not being NFL talent but the game has changed alot lately. I'm pretty sure most teams in the NFL are in the market for a Wildcat/goal line type of back that can actually throw the ball if it comes down to it.

I'm already sick of.....

hearing about Urban Meyer. I wonder how long this is going to be the top story of ESPN? I hope Florida gets beat bad in the Sugar Bowl.