Urban Meyer LEAVING FLORIDA!

Re: Florida coach replacement rumors

I say Charlie STRONG, he has not signed contract yet....

Re: Official Urban Meyer Prediction Thread

I put my opinion on the other thread on Meyer, but I say he is going to NFL or recruiting sanctions. Guy does not quit at 45.

If he has not signed a contract yet he is kind of fair games is he not?

Exactly. I just remember ND fans being so confident that Meyer was going there before he snubbed them for Florida. Think it would be funny if Kelly ended up doing the same thing.

It should be an interesting coaching search. Florida is one of the premiere jobs in the country. A job that almost any top coach would want. But Meyer will be a tough act to follow.

I wonder if Patterson or Peterson get a look.

Maybe Florida fans are ready to give ol' Zooky another chance. :)

Doesn't seem like there is alot of coaches that make sense for them out there right now, I wonder if they go back to the Ole Ball Coach Spurrier for a couple years.

National press spotlight will be in Pheonix for Tim Brewster's response.

I wonder what the meltdown would be like...if say...oh...a certain coach from a certain little brother school, who knows the SEC, and did a hell of a job at a bottom feeder, were to be contacted by the Gators...

Edit: Insert "Who coached with an associate head coach who is currently on the Gator's staff" anywhere in there as well...

"I need to focus on faith and family"...that's just another way of saying "Tebow's gone, so see ya."

So how about this scenario?

1. Some major sports broadcaster pays you lots of bucks for your
expert analysis. Way less stress!

2. You chill out for a couple of years, get in shape and get in better health
while doing your expert gig.

3. In 2 or 3 years you accept an offer to head coach a pro team
or a major college team and your in much better health.

Yes the stress will start again but you have a nice timeout in order
to get your act together!

There is something that just isn't right about this announcement. The statement was just a little wierd to me. If it is his health that's fine I understand that. But he didn't stop there. He said he has "neglected his health for some time now" and needs to focus on his family, faith, etc. I don't know what that means but it sounds to me like he might have a substance abuse issue. I don't think it's about the NFL. How do you get hospitalized with dehydration?

There is something that just isn't right about this announcement. The statement was just a little wierd to me. If it is his health that's fine I understand that. But he didn't stop there. He said he has "neglected his health for some time now" and needs to focus on his family, faith, etc. I don't know what that means but it sounds to me like he might have a substance abuse issue. I don't think it's about the NFL. How do you get hospitalized with dehydration?

it means that Tim Tebow is gone so he's gone

Latest posts