Urban Meyer caught cheating on his wife

Pork is best around. Not sure about the beef. Try Webers in Cuba City Wi, best damn beef i have ever had
They used to take their huge portable grill to area track meets when their daughter Danielle ran track. The Sparky memorial invitational in Boscobel could last past 11:30 pm (but was at least on a Friday night)

They would start firing up burgers, brats, hot dogs and pork sandwiches around 9:30 pm. Our athletes may have gone home late and tired and usually cold but one thing they didn't go home was hungry.

A reference to an MLB broadcaster's in-game apology
Brenneman also did plenty of NFL football and lost that gig as well.

When are announcers going to learn that all mics are hot? It's the first thing they teach you in the business. It burned Dolph a few years ago (the Maishe Dailey incident, not the King Kong reference)

Who cares??? He is a pro coach now and not a coach of one of our conf rivals and that wouldnt even seem to make this a high priority issue. We do not know the whole story. Maybe someone paid her to go give him the backend pussy brush and he put up with it and then nothing happened.

If he is screwing around it is none of our business as he works for a private entity and probably has a morals clause in his contract if his bosses need it.

Who cares??? He is a pro coach now and not a coach of one of our conf rivals and that wouldnt even seem to make this a high priority issue. We do not know the whole story. Maybe someone paid her to go give him the backend pussy brush and he put up with it and then nothing happened.

If he is screwing around it is none of our business as he works for a private entity and probably has a morals clause in his contract if his bosses need it.
Counterpoint 1: is funny
Counterpoint 2: bewbs

The 2nd video I'd seen of it where she's standing up leaning against the bar and he's got his fingers in her ass is so so bad... I couldn't stop laughing like what the hell dude? They weren't in a dark strip club at 3 am. Looked like a day drinking 3 in the afternoon after 5 drinks kinda situation.

That whole thing wouldn't be believed had it not been on video. Not even a little bit because he'd have denied it entirely and word against word does nothing. It was at a bar he owns so even the employees woulda had his side on it.

I doubt he gets fired over it but he's probably sleeping on the couch for awhile. His wife should be beyond pissed if she has any self dignity at all

Sounds like Urby might not make the rest of the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...wner-issues-statement-on-inexcusable-conduct/

I would think they have a morals clause in his contract because if I rememeber right it's like a $20M buyout. Those closed door meetings in the article above are most likely with lawyers trying to figure out the cheapest legal way to make him disappear.

Also sounds like he never had the locker room's confidence to begin with, then fucked up by hiring Doyle, then fucked up by doing a colorectal exam drunk in a night club on some chick who's younger than his own daughters.

The article says he canceled team meetings (assumedly out of embarrassment) which pissed his players off more.

And he's a shit NFL coach who's losing ball games faster than Scott Frost. None of these things add up to a career in the league nicknamed Not For Long.

Sounds like Urby might not make the rest of the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...wner-issues-statement-on-inexcusable-conduct/

I would think they have a morals clause in his contract because if I rememeber right it's like a $20M buyout. Those closed door meetings in the article above are most likely with lawyers trying to figure out the cheapest legal way to make him disappear.

Also sounds like he never had the locker room's confidence to begin with, then fucked up by hiring Doyle, then fucked up by doing a colorectal exam drunk in a night club on some chick who's younger than his own daughters.

The article says he canceled team meetings (assumedly out of embarrassment) which pissed his players off more.

And he's a shit NFL coach who's losing ball games faster than Scott Frost. None of these things add up to a career in the league nicknamed Not For Long.
Superficially, they are the same damn game but, when you really dig in to the level required when leading a franchise/program, NFL and college football may as well be two different sports.

These guys have massive egos. When you look, NFL or college, of the ratio of shit coaches to actually effective coaches, you start to realize how those massive egos come about.

Urban has always given me the willies. He has always struck me as an Eddie Haskell type. Mr. All American Church Every Sunday Crew Cut, but a total scuz behind closed doors.

Superficially, they are the same damn game but, when you really dig in to the level required when leading a franchise/program, NFL and college football may as well be two different sports.

These guys have massive egos. When you look, NFL or college, of the ratio of shit coaches to actually effective coaches, you start to realize how those massive egos come about.

Urban has always given me the willies. He has always struck me as an Eddie Haskell type. Mr. All American Church Every Sunday Crew Cut, but a total scuz behind closed doors.
Also what a lot of people don't realize is that every NFL team is ridiculously good. Meyer himself got asked the question about his shitty start and his exact quote was, "The NFL is brutal, it's like playing Alabama every week."

Even the shittiest team in the NFL is light years beyond even the greatest college team of all time. There are no cupcakes, and there's not even a sliding scale of ability. OSU plays Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and 3 non-con cupcakes every year, with the cupcakes always at home. There's no such thing in the NFL, not even close. There's a reason why most NFL spreads are 3 points with the odd touchdown favorite once in a while. Every team is made up pof guys who got drafted and then beat out 3-4 other players for their spot.

What I really get a kick out of are the idiots who think an Alabama or Georgia would hang with the worst NFL team. That's total horseshit. Take the Lions, currently the worst NFL team by a quite a ways. Then remove all 22 starters leaving only backups. The Lions' backups would hang 100 points on last year's Alabama squad and that might even be low. It'd be a shutout with 500-600 plus yards of total offense.

Also what a lot of people don't realize is that every NFL team is ridiculously good. Meyer himself got asked the question about his shitty start and his exact quote was, "The NFL is brutal, it's like playing Alabama every week."

Even the shittiest team in the NFL is light years beyond even the greatest college team of all time. There are no cupcakes, and there's not even a sliding scale of ability. OSU plays Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and 3 non-con cupcakes every year, with the cupcakes always at home. There's no such thing in the NFL, not even close. There's a reason why most NFL spreads are 3 points with the odd touchdown favorite once in a while. Every team is made up pof guys who got drafted and then beat out 3-4 other players for their spot.

What I really get a kick out of are the idiots who think an Alabama or Georgia would hang with the worst NFL team. That's total horseshit. Take the Lions, currently the worst NFL team by a quite a ways. Then remove all 22 starters leaving only backups. The Lions' backups would hang 100 points on last year's Alabama squad and that might even be low. It'd be a shutout with 500-600 plus yards of total offense.

While true, I would surmise that if you made a team of just Alabama guys in a 4 year window out from graduation plus current guys, they'd pound the shit out of the Lions if they had practice time together. The issue is the Lions have dudes who are 30 who would be going up against 19 year olds. If you gave the Bama team time to mature and develop and they still had a few young dudes, I think they'd have at least a third quartile NFL team. They had 8 guys picked in the first 2 rounds last year, 7 the year before and 4 each of the two prior years. Maybe they'd be soft at corner and have some issues on the edge rush, but other than that, they'd be pretty fucking good and would have more good WRs than a shit NFL team could cover.

When you look, NFL or college, of the ratio of shit coaches to actually effective coaches, you start to realize how those massive egos come about.
Unrelated to the topic at hand, but this is exactly why we need to keep the next head coach at Iowa in-house. Other programs it doesn't matter so much, but we have something special here that no other team can come close to matching which is 42 years with two coaches and one culture. I don't mean to suggest that we've been more successful than other teams, but it's not arguable that our stability has been greater than anywhere else. And more so now than ever, the odds of hiring a burnt turd and starting a 4-5 year recurrent revolving door of coaching staffs and 4-8 seasons is astronomical.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, but this is exactly why we need to keep the next head coach at Iowa in-house. Other programs it doesn't matter so much, but we have something special here that no other team can come close to matching which is 42 years with two coaches and one culture. I don't mean to suggest that we've been more successful than other teams, but it's not arguable that our stability has been greater than anywhere else. And more so now than ever, the odds of hiring a burnt turd and starting a 4-5 year recurrent revolving door of coaching staffs and 4-8 seasons is astronomical.
Totally agree.

Which is why I think Brian Ferentz is almost certainly our next HC.

Who would that be now that Luft said what he did? Serious question.

Who would that be now that Luft said what he did? Serious question.
Brian.

Phil if he wanted it but he's said multiple times he doesn't.

I will be the first to admit that Brian isn't ideal. But he's more ideal than rolling a thousand-sided die and hoping to come up with one particular number. I also think that by hiring Brian he could get the current staff to stay on.

Here's what I'd like to see if I had the choice (which I don't) and if people want to know (they probably don't)...

Brian HC
LeVar Woods OC
Phil Parker DC

I think we have a good group of assistants other than Wallace, but the reason I don't like him is a non-football one. He puts good LB crews together.

Assistants come and go (as they should, like HF said, he doesn't want assistants on his staff who aren't looking for promotions), but those three guys right there in Brian Phil, and LeVar I think would make smart hiring decisions and vet people out who fit the Iowa way. A few years of that and I think the Hawks would be in a good position for a lot of years.

I'd love to see the same amount of success we've had the psat 42 years, bolstered by the recruiting improvement we've had putting boat loads of kids in the NFL. 60 years with three head coaches would be fine in my book.

Latest posts