UPDATED: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

g12c000000000000000a7f925579ae68cc47715f8cc6b23e446266adcf6.jpg

Will you stop posting now?

I'm talking a standing dunk ********. Not a ******* ***** put back.

Even May scored 7 points tonight. Northwestern is terrible and your all conference boy only scored 2 points and he's 7 ft tall. Don't get your hopes up.

9 boards in 12 minutes of play. He's good.

The problem with Woodbury, and I've said it before, is that his deficiencies are easy to spot. Not a great athlete, and he isn't strong enough, which results in him missing too many easy ones. Idiot message board types jump on this.

He will play in the NBA.

His rebounds were either off his own misses or uncontested, there were several times when a northwestern guard would out jump him and tap it to a teamate

This is the official thread of Adam's assault on the Iowa shot blocking record books. I'll keep everyone up to date as Adam takes down the all-time Iowa shot blocking record.

Game 1: 3 blocks, 3 down, 355 to go.
Game 2: 1 block, rollin rollin rollin, keep them blocks a flowin, on the record books yer showin, white guy.
Game 3: 1 block, he's the next Dikembe Mikabe Balony Ikembe Domo Arigato Mr. Robato Mutumbo
Game 4: 1 block, like the Orlando city council, he's blocking a Gardener
Game 5: 0 blocks, this is just an apparition, he'll block a ****-load next game
Game 6: 1 block, its a real Shocker he only got one block tonight
Game 7: 3 blocks, Va Tech took 61 shots, Woody got his hands on 3 of em
Game 8: 0 blocks, Gabe had 3 but they were all "garbage blocks"
Game 9: 1 block, what does Woody have in common with South Dakota State's Karim Rowson? 1 block.
Game 10: 0 blocks, at least we beat them Clowns!
Game 11: 0 blocks, State champs mother****ers!
Game 12: 0 blocks, SC State's mascot is not the Gamecocks, but they cockblocked the shotblock.
Game 13: 0 blocks, they game planned around Woody and didn't attempt a shot while he was playing.
Game 14: 1 block, solid B10 debut
Game 15: 0 blocks, 2 blocks in the last 8 games, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Game 16: 0 blocks, Jim Burr's poor officiating clearly cost Woody a block or two, or eleven.
Game 17: 0 blocks, in Woodys defense jNW is the longest most athletic team in the league.

Season total: 12 blocks, .706 blocks per game, 3rd on the team in blocks.

This is the official thread of Adam's assault on the Iowa shot blocking record books. I'll keep everyone up to date as Adam takes down the all-time Iowa shot blocking record.

Game 1: 3 blocks, 3 down, 355 to go.
Game 2: 1 block, rollin rollin rollin, keep them blocks a flowin, on the record books yer showin, white guy.
Game 3: 1 block, he's the next Dikembe Mikabe Balony Ikembe Domo Arigato Mr. Robato Mutumbo
Game 4: 1 block, like the Orlando city council, he's blocking a Gardener
Game 5: 0 blocks, this is just an apparition, he'll block a ****-load next game
Game 6: 1 block, its a real Shocker he only got one block tonight
Game 7: 3 blocks, Va Tech took 61 shots, Woody got his hands on 3 of em
Game 8: 0 blocks, Gabe had 3 but they were all "garbage blocks"
Game 9: 1 block, what does Woody have in common with South Dakota State's Karim Rowson? 1 block.
Game 10: 0 blocks, at least we beat them Clowns!
Game 11: 0 blocks, State champs mother****ers!
Game 12: 0 blocks, SC State's mascot is not the Gamecocks, but they cockblocked the shotblock.
Game 13: 0 blocks, they game planned around Woody and didn't attempt a shot while he was playing.
Game 14: 1 block, solid B10 debut
Game 15: 0 blocks, 2 blocks in the last 8 games, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Game 16: 0 blocks, Jim Burr's poor officiating clearly cost Woody a block or two, or eleven.
Game 17: 0 blocks, in Woodys defense jNW is the longest most athletic team in the league.

Season total: 12 blocks, .706 blocks per game, 3rd on the team in blocks.

Are you also keeping track of all of the shots he alters just by standing there? Because I was told that would happen.

Why hating duff? I think he is a good kid. What gives?

He's salty because we eviscerated him in an earlier thread because he said that Woodbury wouldn't be a shot blocker. Even though we said that you had to wait until he was an upperclassman in order to determine this. He conveniently forgot that part of the discussion, and is now dedicating his life to vengeance. He is to hawkeye nation what The Bride was to Kill Bill.

Like I said... that's a put back. I'm talking a real dunk. Woody is trash.

Hey Duff, instead of continuing this stupid Iowa freshman bashing thread, how about getting this moron banned? Clear violation of the forum rules.

Hey Duff, instead of continuing this stupid Iowa freshman bashing thread, how about getting this moron banned? Clear violation of the forum rules.

Agreed, Duff. Get off your duff, kill this freshman-bashing thread, ban TheeHawkeye (questionable alt at best).

Do these fake mods have the power to ban? I thought it was just JD and Spank that could give us the ole heave hoe.

I guess pin did threaten a timeout yesterday to me.

Are you also keeping track of all of the shots he alters just by standing there? Because I was told that would happen.

Dude, have you seen his "mean face"? His scowl is so intimidating he alters shots with that, sometimes even from the bemch.

It all stems from this thread Jon started before the season started: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/47297-what-fair-expectations-adam-woodbury.html

Good read and some laughs when they start arguing about Woodbury's shot blocking abilities. But here are some Duffman highlights in that thread, some laughs here to.

that's a pointless bet he won't play 15 minutes a game.

Ohhhh btw, according to max preps woody averaged .4 blocks per game in HIGH SCHOOL. But Im sure he will block one shot a game on accident in the B10 just by showing up...

i dont understand why people keep throwing up significant block numbers. hes not a shot blocker period.

playing in eurpoe after three stints in the league. woody would be lucky to have that career.

I don't think he averages more than 3 points are 3 rebounds per game. reiner put up 3 and 3 a game as a freshman and I think adam will struggle to do that. I don't think jared was as skilled as adam is but he was much more gifted athletically and more developed physically.

Latest posts