UPDATED: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

This thread really should be deleted.

To begin with we all knew Woody was not a shot blocker. Now it has descended into race baiting, trolling and the constant pathetic desire of a few posters (who will remain nameless) to be about the "thread" or about Hawkeye Nation.

Please Jon, Spank? make them go away.

Please delete and if not... may everyone else ignore so it will go away.

To begin with we all knew Woody was not a shot blocker. Now it has descended into race baiting, trolling and the constant pathetic desire of a few posters (who will remain nameless) to be about the "thread" or about Hawkeye Nation.

I think you just revived it.

I'm just going to throw this out there, do with it what you will: Woody will have four block against Purdue, and will average 3 per game in that category next year.

OK, Duffmod, you got me. In the Purdue game thread I officially jumped off the Woodbury bandwagon. He is a bigger project than Les Jepsen and David Palmer combined. He is a liability on the floor. Until he gains some body weight, develops some upper body strength, learns to hold tightly onto the ball and take it strong to the hole, and develops even minimal ups, he should not start and should be limited solely to relief minutes.

Even with (or perhaps because of) his lack of playing experience, right now I see Gabe with a much bigger upside. He deserves more of Woody's minutes. Mel is playing well, too.

There, happy?

I'm just going to throw this out there, do with it what you will: Woody will have four block against Purdue, and will average 3 per game in that category next year.

I'd throw this prediction away -- that's what I'd do with it. Woody's stats:

In 17 minutes he had
0-4 field goals
2-2 free throws
5 rebs
2 assists
1 block
2 fouls
2 turnovers
0 steals

OOFAAA!

To begin with your first statement is completely false. If that were the case then this thread wouldn't exist.

OK, Duffmod, you got me. In the Purdue game thread I officially jumped off the Woodbury bandwagon. He is a bigger project than Les Jepsen and David Palmer combined. He is a liability on the floor. Until he gains some body weight, develops some upper body strength, learns to hold tightly onto the ball and take it strong to the hole, and develops even minimal ups, he should not start and should be limited solely to relief minutes.

Even with (or perhaps because of) his lack of playing experience, right now I see Gabe with a much bigger upside. He deserves more of Woody's minutes. Mel is playing well, too.

There, happy?

This is total rubbish.

There, happy?

In 17 minutes he had
0-4 field goals
2-2 free throws
5 rebs
2 assists
1 block
2 fouls
2 turnovers
0 steals

OOFAAA!

I don't understand why a true Hawk fan would revive and continue a thread ridiculing and attacking a talented young player in the Iowa basketball program. He was a top 100 recruit and clearly has talent. He works hard and runs the floor well. He just needs to adapt his high school game to Division 1 NCAA basketball. As others have posted, it is much harder to bring big men along. There's much more to add to their frames and skills to make them competitive.

Coach McCaffery obviously knows what he is doing. Adam Woodbury is the future of Iowa basketball. Leave him alone; just back the heck off. You risk making yourself look foolish. :mad:

I don't understand why a true Hawk fan would revive and continue a thread ridiculing and attacking a talented young player in the Iowa basketball program. He was a top 100 recruit and clearly has talent. He works hard and runs the floor well. He just needs to adapt his high school game to Division 1 NCAA basketball. As others have posted, it is much harder to bring big men along. There's much more to add to their frames and skills to make them competitive.

Coach McCaffery obviously knows what he is doing. Adam Woodbury is the future of Iowa basketball. Leave him alone; just back the heck off. You risk making yourself look foolish. :mad:

Whoa, dude. Slow your roll. I'm not saying Adam won't be good. Just saying right now he's not ready for the minutes he is getting.

Whoa, dude. Slow your roll. I'm not saying Adam won't be good. Just saying right now he's not ready for the minutes he is getting.

Despite the fact the dude is over 7 feet tall, he's in way over his head at this point. I don't think I've ever seen a player his height get his shot rejected like he does.

Despite the fact the dude is over 7 feet tall, he's in way over his head at this point. I don't think I've ever seen a player his height get his shot rejected like he does.

Then you don't watch much competitive basketball.

This is the official thread of Adam's assault on the Iowa shot blocking record books. I'll keep everyone up to date as Adam takes down the all-time Iowa shot blocking record.

Game 1: 3 blocks, 3 down, 355 to go.
Game 2: 1 block, rollin rollin rollin, keep them blocks a flowin, on the record books yer showin, white guy.
Game 3: 1 block, he's the next Dikembe Mikabe Balony Ikembe Domo Arigato Mr. Robato Mutumbo
Game 4: 1 block, like the Orlando city council, he's blocking a Gardener
Game 5: 0 blocks, this is just an apparition, he'll block a ****-load next game
Game 6: 1 block, its a real Shocker he only got one block tonight
Game 7: 3 blocks, Va Tech took 61 shots, Woody got his hands on 3 of em
Game 8: 0 blocks, Gabe had 3 but they were all "garbage blocks"
Game 9: 1 block, what does Woody have in common with South Dakota State's Karim Rowson? 1 block.
Game 10: 0 blocks, at least we beat them Clowns!
Game 11: 0 blocks, State champs mother****ers!
Game 12: 0 blocks, SC State's mascot is not the Gamecocks, but they cockblocked the shotblock.
Game 13: 0 blocks, they game planned around Woody and didn't attempt a shot while he was playing.
Game 14: 1 block, solid B10 debut
Game 15: 0 blocks, 2 blocks in the last 8 games, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Game 16: 0 blocks, Jim Burr's poor officiating clearly cost Woody a block or two, or eleven.
Game 17: 0 blocks, in Woodys defense jNW is the longest most athletic team in the league.
Game 18: 0 blocks, 1 fg made, 2 pts, 3 reb, 4 fouls, 5 is his position.
Game 19: 0 blocks, it's too bad we only play OSU once this year, he'll have to wait until next year to block a buck.
Game 20: 1 block, how does Woody tread our most hated rival? He threw them a party. A BLOCK PARTY!!

Season total: 13 blocks, .65 blocks per game, 3rd on the team in blocks.

In 17 minutes he had
0-4 field goals
2-2 free throws
5 rebs
2 assists
1 block
2 fouls
2 turnovers
0 steals

OOFAAA!

Somebody gets jokes. You really think I'd peg him for 4 stuffs against Hammons? The fact is, and always been, that Woodbury was never going to block many shots this year. This thread will become relevant in about 22 months.

Somebody gets jokes. You really think I'd peg him for 4 stuffs against Hammons? The fact is, and always been, that Woodbury was never going to block many shots this year. This thread will become relevant in about 22 months.

22 months? When he transfers?

Woody will never be a big time shot blocker.

Latest posts