UNI Vs CLOWNS

images

Oregon Duck rides the Harley Out, Cyclowns can have
this lead them out through the fog

ISUer, Do you realize that you **** all over every thread that you're in? Do you notice that every one you're in turns in to you trying to bet someone your HN login?
Tired of stupid crap by some of the fans that is just thrown against the wall.

What percentage of people in Iowa have mediacom? And than how many are ISU fans? And than out of those people, how many are not at the game? After you get through that, it isn't a big #. There are more ISU fans outside the state at that point that fans in the state, not at the game, that have mediacom.

S

norwalk is right here. why didn't you use this argument when the toledo game (how many people have mediacom), et al, were shown on this channel? it is two iowa teams, for goodness sake.

Follard could do both, mediacom and clownzone, but he is chosing not to do so.

Follard is really gripping here.

Last edited by a moderator:
norwalk is right here. why didn't you use this argument when the toledo game (how many people have mediacom), et al, were shown on this channel? it is two iowa games, for goodness sake.

Follard could do both, mediacom and clownzone, but he is chosing not to do so.

Follard is really gripping here.

Pretty sure that Toledo was just on Clonezone

How's this for ISU dissin' UNI. The new video board touts the "next home game" is Iowa on 9/10 ...

Hansen on Iowa State football: The scoreboard, the Big 12, the schedule | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

Perhaps Farley and Co will make note of that little oversight. The Panthers remember being embarrassed 27-0 last year, with inexperienced QBs seeing their first action. Those QBs have experience now.

How is that dissing UNI? The board is setup for this week's game. Fans AT the UNI game will be reading that info...which is accurate.

ryan, your obsession with the Cyclones is starting to worry me. I don't know what will happen if their basketball team wins 23+ games this year. I think you might slip into a deep depression
Says the idiot constantly on our message board.

hey clown - you don't have to state that iowa beat your team to make iowa look like the better team. UNI was better than ISU that year, and was a great team.

UNI didn't make the FCS playoffs that year. In conference play UNI lost to both teams finishing ahead of them, and also a team with a similar record. At the end of the year, UNI beat all the bums on their schedule, and that was it.

How's this for ISU dissin' UNI. The new video board touts the "next home game" is Iowa on 9/10 ...

Considering they were doing some trial runs with the scoreboard that day, there might be a chance they flashed the graphics for ALL the upcoming home games, and Iowa naturally happened to be the one the photographers focused on.

Might want to send UNI fans carrying torches and pitchforks to Des Moines instead.

Maybe Texas Tech will be ****** off and out for blood against ISU since all the renderings of the board had ISU leading them 45-31.

Drummer1, I understand your point about fans seeing the message on Saturday. However, given the players are in game uniforms, I'm assuming that the photo was taken on media day a few weeks ago. That would mean the next game still is UNI, not Iowa. It wouldn't seem that difficult to display a more appropriate message on the board for media day. (Is there a screen saver option? :)

Seriously though, if you think ISU will win 7 games, I'm sorry that you do not understand college football. Yes, ISU is much better than previous teams they've had, but they will not win 7 games this year.

I wouldn't bet my next house-payment on ISU going 6-6, but its its not all that far out of the question either.

Burnham's system has led to ISU being one of the most advantageous teams in the nation the last 2 years in forcing turnovers. Probably in the top 20 the last 2 years with 55 total turnovers. ISU has done that with a skeleton crew of sorts on defense. ISU hasn't been too bad in redzone defense in terms of percentage of opponents scoring TDs. Now that there are stand-out players at each level of the defense this year, they certainly surprise a few teams.

Add in Lattimer and Reeves emerging mid-season as decided upgrades at their respective positions (DE/Corner) and now they can pay dividends all season long...as opposed to just 5 games. Lattimer managed to lead the team in sacks while only playing significant minutes in about 5-6 games, and repeatedly hurrying/pressuring the QB.

Now that Johnson has a decent corner opposite of him(which he didnt have in 08/09) and a guy that can pressure the QB multiple times a game, it could very well have a profound affect on the defense. Knott and Klein did more than just get tackles last year. 7 INT/4 fumbles forced/2TD scored/6 passes knocked down.

Compared to the last 2 seasons, ISU has a far higher profile of athletes on defense from 1 through 11, and its not even comparable.

ISU has gotten by with duct tape and chicken wire at the QB position en route to securing 12 wins the last 2 years. ISU had AA's unpredictable inconsistency, AA playing with hand injuries, and having Tiller somehow go 2-2:)confused:) in games he received nearly all the snaps. Jantz doesn't have to be a machine. He just needs to be on AA's level...which typically was average, with the occasional great game or total clunker.

Shontrelle Johnson already has a 100 yards game, and TDs runs of 61 and 33 under his belt. Also carried a 6 YPC average last year, and done all that with minimal attempts in meaningful minutes(not mop up duty). Signs point towards him and Woody being admirable replacements for Robinson.

As I piece it all together, as long as Jantz is not Tiller 2.0 I feel this team has a pretty decent shot at going to a bowl.

I wouldn't bet my next house-payment on ISU going 6-6, but its its not all that far out of the question either.

Burnham's system has led to ISU being one of the most advantageous teams in the nation the last 2 years in forcing turnovers. Probably in the top 20 the last 2 years with 55 total turnovers. ISU has done that with a skeleton crew of sorts on defense. ISU hasn't been too bad in redzone defense in terms of percentage of opponents scoring TDs. Now that there are stand-out players at each level of the defense this year, they certainly surprise a few teams.

Add in Lattimer and Reeves emerging mid-season as decided upgrades at their respective positions (DE/Corner) and now they can pay dividends all season long...as opposed to just 5 games. Lattimer managed to lead the team in sacks while only playing significant minutes in about 5-6 games, and repeatedly hurrying/pressuring the QB.

Now that Johnson has a decent corner opposite of him(which he didnt have in 08/09) and a guy that can pressure the QB multiple times a game, it could very well have a profound affect on the defense. Knott and Klein did more than just get tackles last year. 7 INT/4 fumbles forced/2TD scored/6 passes knocked down.

Compared to the last 2 seasons, ISU has a far higher profile of athletes on defense from 1 through 11, and its not even comparable.

ISU has gotten by with duct tape and chicken wire at the QB position en route to securing 12 wins the last 2 years. ISU had AA's unpredictable inconsistency, AA playing with hand injuries, and having Tiller somehow go 2-2:)confused:) in games he received nearly all the snaps. Jantz doesn't have to be a machine. He just needs to be on AA's level...which typically was average, with the occasional great game or total clunker.

Shontrelle Johnson already has a 100 yards game, and TDs runs of 61 and 33 under his belt. Also carried a 6 YPC average last year, and done all that with minimal attempts in meaningful minutes(not mop up duty). Signs point towards him and Woody being admirable replacements for Robinson.

As I piece it all together, as long as Jantz is not Tiller 2.0 I feel this team has a pretty decent shot at going to a bowl.

I'm not disagreeing that ISU doesn't have more talent than in past years, because they do. I agree that they are a better team and with an easier schedule they would make a bowl. But with the schedule lined up as it is, saying that 7 wins is easy, is not something that I can say. I think ISU will get 2 easily, which they should win, and then theres a few games that they could win, or play the upset role. But looking at the teams here, who do you think they snag wins from? at Uconn, Texas, at Baylor, at Mizz, A&M, at Tech, OKie St, at Oklahoma, and KSU? UNI and KU are definite wins. KSU is also a fairly good shot to win. At Baylor will be tough with RG3 on the field. at Uconn will be a toss IMO, although I think Uconn at home will win. Texas won't lose to ISU back to back years. Missouri won't lose on their 100th homecoming. I think the 4 remaining teams in A&M, Tech, OkSt, and Oklahoma are just far more talented than ISU. Yes, I realize ISU beat TTU last year, but TTU has a much improved defense, and its a road game.

For the most part every year, a couple teams in each conference fail to meet expectations in the win column. I think that's a fair assessment, as it plays out over and over. That certainly can benefit ISU. Texas, and Tech played that role last year.

Honestly, I don't know exactly where all the wins are going to come from, but in the end, a Rhoads coached team has a couple surprises waiting for opponents each year. It keeps happening. Iowa fans beware! :D Maybe that trend ends, but hes won his share of underdog games. ISU has the mentality of outworking opponents for W's..and now with more talent I don't see why they can't have a little more success despite a tough schedule.

ISU has played Mizzou into the 4th qtr the last 2 years despite a massive talent disadvantage. Been an eyelash away from getting KSU the last 2 years despite having bad run defenses. Was able to hold off a bad Texas offense. Maybe Gilbert has progressed, but the staff didn't have ringing endorsements about him this month. Texas also has a slug of sophomores starting this year. They have a shot to wildly inconsistent again. They don't have an easy non con either.

Tech has a new DC and they are getting out of the 3-4, but im under the impression they don't have drastically improved defensive personnel. Tech gave up over 200 YPG on the ground and teams went for 36 4th downs on them. :eek: They have to prove they are better.

Baylor, and KSU had bad defenses as well. OSU was fairly suspect, and they lost their most notable defenders to graduation. I could see ISU having a better D than KSU/BU/Tech and maybe even OSU. If those trends continue, they all could very well struggle at times. Tech also is transitioning from Leech's last batch of experienced players to Tuberville developing the young guys. Tech is really a mystery right now.

Uconn is supposed to be good on defense, but the pulse of the fanbase is a massive concern over the offense.
ISU will not cake-walk to 6 wins, but there are some teams with legit deficiencies on the schedule. ISU can win some of those games. People are expecting every team in the Big 12 to beat all the teams below them, and it just won't happen.

All I know is that I wouldn't overlook or count UNI out. It's going to be a game they're ready to play and I wouldn't put anything past them. If you win big, congrats, but don't count them out. They are a good program.

Latest posts