Uh Oh

That is WAY too hilarious. Full disclosure: took a piss about 10 minutes before reading this, otherwise I prolly would have...you know...in my pants!

You can always count on Heaven's - I don't think there's many Hawkeye fans who like how this has been handled. There is a 2 pm presser with Fran to help clear the air. I think it's fucked that Barta isn't going to speak at it. This is his mess at this point.

It is over. There was a hot mike. Professional folk should have been aware of that possibility at all times. They were discussing the team and members as we all do. They made a huge mistake and Fran and the Hawks have already moved on. I am fairly certain of this.....

Dolph and Bobby undoubtedly feel embarrassed and are remorseful over this. No reason to make it a massive issue until the end of time.....

Qidc0oQkCPU_UEJ24xkJT7-nk27W55Mn4nE3EHg5z3KrAJ54ch9v0wXdctp-3pSkDDgb_djn2VFH0Aw=w453-h255-no

:cool:

My only concern now is how Dailey will react to this on the floor. Will he go hide in a corner, or use this as a motivator and come out swinging?

I say "so what". Their comments were very accurate and if you can't take a little criticism you really aren't trying to improve. It's probably no worse than what 90% of us on this board would say sometime during the year. Hopefully with Toussaint coming in next year we address the problem they were referring to. If anyone should be reassigned, it's the engineer who left the mic open during the commercial.

I think just the opposite about the engineer. They should have him do all the football games. I’d like to hear what Dolf really thinks about Samford and Son.

It is unfortunate for Dailey.........................even if it is an honest assessment

I say "so what". Their comments were very accurate and if you can't take a little criticism you really aren't trying to improve. It's probably no worse than what 90% of us on this board would say sometime during the year. Hopefully with Toussaint coming in next year we address the problem they were referring to. If anyone should be reassigned, it's the engineer who left the mic open during the commercial.

I seriously doubt that Toussaint brings anything more to the table that we haven’t seen since Fran’s been hear.

Before Harry Caray turned into the character he was on TV.

Do you know the full story to that one?

It was the last game of the road trip with the Cardinals due to return home after the game. Management wanted the great Stan the Man to reach the 3,000 hit milestone in St. Louis. He was scheduled to sit the game out, but the Cardinals needed a pinch hitter with the game on the line, and Musial got 3,000 at Wrigley as a pinch hitter.

Do you know the full story to that one?

It was the last game of the road trip with the Cardinals due to return home after the game. Management wanted the great Stan the Man to reach the 3,000 hit milestone in St. Louis. He was scheduled to sit the game out, but the Cardinals needed a pinch hitter with the game on the line, and Musial got 3,000 at Wrigley as a pinch hitter.

Yep. Story below. "No school tomorrow".

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/bas...cle_8ef158b4-7f26-5dcd-839c-f88d51763989.html

Didn't know Fred Hutchinson was Cardinal manager at the time.

He would be gone six years later, a cancer victim at 44 years of age. His last two years as Cincinnati manager, he got to see the start of another pretty decent career. Pete Rose, who would later break Musial's career National League hits record before breaking Cobb's Major league record several years later.

I wonder what Gary thinks about Fran cussing out the clock operator.
There is a hilarious story that makes the rounds in Wisconsin (where Badger fans don't think much of Fran as a coach to start with) about the day one of Fran's boys was playing in an AAU tournament in the Dells and Fran didn't know how to operate the game clock when asked to run it one day. I'll have to get the details on this story next time I'm up there.

Didn't know Fred Hutchinson was Cardinal manager at the time.

He would be gone six years later, a cancer victim at 44 years of age. His last two years as Cincinnati manager, he got to see the start of another pretty decent career. Pete Rose, who would later break Musial's career National League hits record before breaking Cobb's Major league record several years later.

My, the times they are a changin'!
So now we see MLB holding hands with Las Vegas and has an OFFICIAL GAMBLING partner.

Can we let Peter Rose in the Hall of Fame now??

My, the times they are a changin'!
So now we see MLB holding hands with Las Vegas and has an OFFICIAL GAMBLING partner.

Can we let Peter Rose in the Hall of Fame now??
You want to talk about butt-hurt entitled elitists. Some baseball hall of famers think they invented the game.

I think he's speaking as "We ALL at Learfield". Let's not forget, Dolph was only HALF the problem, here. And Hansen could have simply silenced him instead of "UM-hmmm" in agreement through the convo.
That's a fight that Barta and Fran won't start, they aint come close to taking us to the Final Four, something Bobby HAS done, as well as play with MJ. In fact, I would love to see Bobby coaching Iowa or BJ, but that's for dreaming on long winter days.

It is unfortunate for Dailey.........................even if it is an honest assessment
I honestly think that Dolph would of said it about any Hawkeye at that time who was struggling, he meant no particular harm to Dailey. Dolph should just be thankful they weren't discussing something that would have really got them fired like an incompetent AD.

I honestly think that Dolph would of said it about any Hawkeye at that time who was struggling, he meant no particular harm to Dailey. Dolph should just be thankful they weren't discussing something that would have really got them fired like an incompetent AD.

Lol, that is true. It’s interesting how announcers like Dolf will suppress their true feelings about coach Fran’s recruting in order to put on a good front just for his job. Would love to know what he has said about Kirk when he knew the mike was off.

It’s really is a wake up call for those fans that want to support these millionaire coaches despite their mediocre performances. When some on this forum tries to point out what’s obvious the sheeples want to go into attack mode and feel a need to defend some one getting paid millions of dollars.

Then someone like Dolf with enormous experiences from watching sports and having a familiarity with the game in general and knowing what is good and what is bad in relation to the sport, comes out and verifies an opinion that supports the so called “negative Nancy’s” the sheeples are left holding the bag with a dumb look on their face and going “Oh” Just priceless.

Now I will say this; I have had to try very hard not to call out players and insult them publicly on this forum. Dolf would never had said that if he knew the mike was on. He knows their would be hell to pay to deliberately throw a player under the bus like that. I don’t think what he said about Iowa’s recruiting was that important. We all know Fran seriously struggles with recruiting top knotch guards. What Dolf said was true in that regard.

I would not be surprised if Dolf ends up just broadcasting the football games after this. Maybe he will even be let go altogether. IMHO the University cares more about the good guy image than it does the success of their sports programs. Sorry Dolf you just gave a player and the head basketball coach a black eye. Can you imagine Fran wanting to have a working relationship with an announcer who basically points out that you as a head coach SUCK at recruting guards???

The entire situation sucks for everyone involved. This also demonstrates what I have questioned in the past about the Iowa press not truly challenging coaches when they make big mistakes and deserve criticism. IMHO At certain pay scales there is justification in demanding more r at the very least questioning it. They just bite their tongue because their jobs could be on the line. Isn’t freedom of speech wonderful?

Now back to the negative Nancy comment. I have never been accused of it myself. I think it’s apparent that I love following the Hawkeyes and because I have invested thousands of hours following them and cheering for them frustrations come out because it hurts so much to see your team lose ESPECIALLY when you have such high hopes going into a season. That doesn’t happen to often so it’s that more painful when the opportunity presents itself and we don’t take advantage of these very rare opportunities. I love my team.

Another uh oh ... This was the original tweet for tonight's game from Iowa Basketball. It has been changed now.

JqDF77Vo.jpg

I grew up deaf and people have always insulted me daily. Their words pierced my heart daily. I just put on the suit of armor and quash their daily missiles. Just brush it off.
giphy.gif

Latest posts