UFC

I'm hoping Carwin wins because I have a few bets going with some of my friends. Either way, someone's gonna get knocked out!

carwin will win just because of the lay off i think

agreed.

Lesnar needed to fight a tomato can or two before fighting carwin. I think Lesnar is going to get knocked out, fight a couple of stiffs Dana throws out there and late this year or early next get a rematch. Not sure if it will be for the heavyweight title or not.......Frank Mir, Carwin, Lesnar and maybe an old a$$ Couture are the only guys with a pulse in the heavyweight division right now.

did y'all watch the fights? They were all pretty good. Thought for sure the fight was going to get stopped in the first round. Lesner sure can take a beating. Whether you like him or not, he is a freak of nature. I'd like to see a rematch.

yea my guess is a rematch will take place since it was stopped due to arm bar

the ppl will want to see a blood bath and stand up but who knows

congrats to lesnar he shut up the critics and myself included

Not trying to be disagreeable, but Lesnar choked him out-wasn't an arm bar. I thought Carwin was going to get out of it, but they shifted and he started turning purple. If that weren't for a belt, I think the fight would have been stopped in the first. Even though I wanted Carwin to win, he deserved to lose punching himself like that. Lesnar didn't know where he was-should have let him up then punched his lights out. Oh well. After the fight, Lesnar was more humble and almost human than I've ever seen him. Maybe his colon issue humbled him a little.
-Greg

lol your right i was thinking abou the lytle match for some reason

your correct it was by arm triangle choke to be exact.

it was good to see leben get a win as well

pretty surprised groves match went to a split decision

I watched the Fight. Lesnar was a scared little girl in the ring in the 1st Round. Any Heavyweight that can keep the fight standing will beat Lesnar. I have never seen a fighter at this stage try and run away, Lesnar was running and turning his back like a scared school girl. If they would have opened the door to the ring in that 1st round Lesnar would have ran right for it. He had no clue what to do in that 1st round.

I also agree if this wasn't for the belt they would have stopped it in the first round.

did y'all watch the fights? They were all pretty good. Thought for sure the fight was going to get stopped in the first round. Lesner sure can take a beating. Whether you like him or not, he is a freak of nature. I'd like to see a rematch.

PED freak of nature.

Besides a Carwin rematch, is there anyone in the heavyweight for Lesnar to fight?

PED freak of nature.

Besides a Carwin rematch, is there anyone in the heavyweight for Lesnar to fight?

I take it you don't watch much UFC since you think Cain Velasquez doesn't have a pulse in the heavyweight division. That is who Lesnar will fight next and he's the real deal.

Dana White has aleady confirmed that the winner of the upcoming Junior Dos Santos / Roy "Big Country" Nelson fight will be Brock's next challenger. Dos Santos should take it it, but don't sleep on Nelson. There's a part of me that actually thinks Nelson could be a tougher matchup for Brock.

Other than that, Cain of course. And then who knows, maybe a shot against Big Nog or even Cro Cop after another win over a quality opponent. I actually really like the current state of the UFC's heavys.

I take it you don't watch much UFC since you think Cain Velasquez doesn't have a pulse in the heavyweight division. That is who Lesnar will fight next and he's the real deal.

I watch enough. The KO of Nogueira was impressive.......other than that who has he beaten. Kongo looks the part, but got exposed by Mir so how impressive is that victory over Kongo. Lesnar has about 20lbs. on Velasquez and will just lean and pound on him.

dos santos is good a fighter, but 'big country' nelson.......really?

Dana White has aleady confirmed that the winner of the upcoming Junior Dos Santos / Roy "Big Country" Nelson fight will be Brock's next challenger. Dos Santos should take it it, but don't sleep on Nelson. There's a part of me that actually thinks Nelson could be a tougher matchup for Brock.

Other than that, Cain of course. And then who knows, maybe a shot against Big Nog or even Cro Cop after another win over a quality opponent. I actually really like the current state of the UFC's heavys.

Actually Valasquez will get the next title shot with the Nelson v. Dos Santos fight determining the number one contender spot.

UFC 117: Junior dos Santos and Roy Nelson fighting to decide next heavyweight number one contender - MMA Mania

Hawkeyedylan, thank you for correcting me - I hadn't seen that Cain was already given the shot. Good news; he's deserving of the chance.

Cain throws too soft IMO, he can take a beating - but he doesn't have anywhere near the power that Carwin has.

Latest posts