Tyler Sash Has Died

Truly sad to hear and way too young to see him go. He was one of those guys as an ISU fan you just couldn't wait for him to graduate because he was a hell of a player. As an Iowan, my heart goes out to his friends/family.

As a player, Tyler Sash was the embodiment of everything good about the Iowa Football program. Small town Iowa kid, chip on his shoulder, hard working, NFL Draft pick...

This is a very sad day for Hawkeye Nation.

Truly sad news. A young man that still had his whole life in front of him yet at such a young age had accomplished so much. Prayers go out to the friends and family of Tyler Sash. Prayers go out to the entire Hawkeye Nation who loved Tyler Sash. Rest in peace Tyler.

I was coming to this board to get some Clown musings...this just ruined my day big time. Tyler M. Sash was a one of my favorite players. Loved this dude...great ball skills..did you ever see him drop anything...if he could get his hands on it...he picked it.

Sad, sad day for Hawkeye Nation.

My thoughts are with his family and the entire Hawkeye nation as a life was taken much too soon.

This is terrible terrible news. I'm not afraid to admit that I cried a little when I heard the news, I'm just physically sick right now....

Wow. He was as popular a player on that team as there was. Mental illness is a real deal whether it's due to concussions or not. It's so hard for those around someone to step in and try and help because how do you? The person has to be self aware and accepting of help and that's a pretty rare thing if it's that serious... Extremely sad day in Hawkeye Nation.

This is terrible terrible news. I'm not afraid to admit that I cried a little when I heard the news, I'm just physically sick right now....

It's hitting everyone hard right now. If you need to talk to someone offline, please PM me.

Out of respect for Tyler's family, please leave theories as to what happened out of discussions until we know for certain.

Out of respect for Tyler's family, please leave theories as to what happened out of discussions until we know for certain.
Right On Jon! I'll go with what I do know, "The immaculate interception", "Sash laterals to Hyde", "Three interceptions @ ISU", man the memories go on and on... RIP Tyler

In particular, especially this week, I recall his great game against Iowa State in 2009. Sorry to read about this sad news.

Condolences to his family, close friends, teammates and the entire Hawkeye Nation. He contributed so much to making others happy. RIP Tyler.