Tyler Sash Has Died

Doesn't matter how he passed, wish his family our sincere prayers. God Bless RIP
It's a sad day in Hawkeye Land, you will be missed.

I grew up in Oskaloosa and went to HS with Tyler. He was always a genuine and nice young man to me. If you want to talk about a kid who dominated in every sport he did in HS, Tyler was one of them. My brother's senior year the offense had its bread and butter play that conisted of Tyler running a go and the QB just putting air underneath it to let Tyler make a play. I cannot tell you the number of times he sprawled out head first to make that catch over his shoulder.

It was always a struggle to watch the ISU vs Iowa game because I wanted my clones to win but also wanted to see Tyler succeed. 2009, despite the loss, was a fun game to watch because of how well he played in that game. It is a very sad situation and is hitting the community of Oskaloosa hard. Please keep his family and the city of Oskaloosa in your thoughts and prayers.

Wondering if Iowa State posts a tribute video for someone who positively represented our state in this sport is classless?

It would be no different than the Cubs having a tribute video for Minnie Minosso of the White Sox earlier this season.

Or the White Sox doing the same for Ernie Banks.

Not sure about the university, but if you read Jon's article you'll see that several Iowa State athletes' twitter posts. Pretty classy of them to offer kind words where they could have just remained silent.

He's one of my favorites. My family and I have made every gameday jersey day. My jerseys that I alternate are Tim Dwight and Tyler Sash. I never saw anyone that got more pumped up to play than TD. Then I saw Tyler Sash. One of the all time greats for sure and an even better human being. #GBNB

Out of respect for Tyler's family, please leave theories as to what happened out of discussions until we know for certain.

Or there could just be no further discussions on the topic other than the news in this thread. Somehow I have a feeling that won't happen, though.

Oh man. That will ruin my week! I have been in the stands during some of his most memorable games. Got a chance to visit with him at the 09 Outback Bowl. I loved watching him play.
Rest in peace, Tyler.
Ugh.

Good lord...way too young. A reminder to treat those you love right, because any of us can go at anytime.

He played balls out all the time! Just one of those freak athletes. Now 4:55 and I'm still a bit sick to my stomach.

Not too excited to go home and field questions from my 8 yr old sons. They have a knack of remembering past players & particular plays. But, I am happy that they will be able to remember him and certain plays.

Latest posts