Tyler Cook

because some are calling him a "cancer" to the team. so let me rephrase; you're right the topic is Cook. but be accurate and realistic in what you say.
You’ll have to show me where someone said that. Gold said if he transfers people might wrongly speculate that. Others have pointed out his weaknesses. I don’t see anyone blatantly calling him a team cancer.

Also are you somehow involved with the team to a point where you would know if there is a team cancer and what it is. This is a message board where people speculate. If someone speculated that Cook was a cancer (they haven’t), that would still be on topic with this particular thread, even if you don’t like it.

You’ll have to show me where someone said that. Gold said if he transfers people might wrongly speculate that. Others have pointed out his weaknesses. I don’t see anyone blatantly calling him a team cancer.

Also are you somehow involved with the team to a point where you would know if there is a team cancer and what it is. This is a message board where people speculate. If someone speculated that Cook was a cancer (they haven’t), that would still be on topic with this particular thread, even if you don’t like it.

I'll just refer you to the first page of this thread. I appreciate your scolding, '21, but again, go to page one of this thread. And the "are you somehow involved with the team" straw man isn't becoming of you.

I'll just refer you to the first page of this thread. I appreciate your scolding, '21, but again, go to page one of this thread. And the "are you somehow involved with the team" straw man isn't becoming of you.
Ahh. I only paged back a couple of pages, should have started from the 1st page. I’m sure that came from a post game meltdown.

Anyways the point still remains, if people speculate that he is a team cancer you can’t really go around telling them they are completely unjustified to say that just because you feel differently, unless you have evidence to the contrary.

You old geezers should have better things to do than badmouth a young man playing for the Hawks.

I don't understand how people are badmouthing Cook when he's the best player on the team. I see people dog on his defense which comes down to coaching in my opinion and some of you guys say he turns the ball over too much but his turnover percentage is only 15.6% which is right in line with Jordan's and better than Dailey, Baer, Ellingson, Kriener, Pemsl and Wagner.

I don't understand how people are badmouthing Cook when he's the best player on the team. I see people dog on his defense which comes down to coaching in my opinion and some of you guys say he turns the ball over too much but his turnover percentage is only 15.6% which is right in line with Jordan's and better than Dailey, Baer, Ellingson, Kriener, Pemsl and Wagner.

Cook is beast, anyone who thinks differently is selling something. He has flaws, we all do and all players do. His TO percentage is high and in line with Jordan's because they have the ball most and are the only consistent play makers Iowa has. I don't want him to leave, but I also don't think it makes a difference unless we can get more around him.

Cook is beast, anyone who thinks differently is selling something. He has flaws, we all do and all players do. His TO percentage is high and in line with Jordan's because they have the ball most and are the only consistent play makers Iowa has. I don't want him to leave, but I also don't think it makes a difference unless we can get more around him.

Losing our best player would make a difference for next year, anyone who thinks differently is selling something.

Losing our best player would make a difference for next year, anyone who thinks differently is selling something.

blah blah blah. Of course it would. I said it won't make a difference unless we can get some pieces around him to help. Do you not agree with that?

I personally don't care if Cook leaves, I don't care if any of them leave. Leave if you want. This is a 4-14 team. But his departure would make a HUGE difference. Like HUGE. My point is, he can't do it himself and Jordan isn't good enough to carry the other torch. We need better players.

blah blah blah. Of course it would. I said it won't make a difference unless we can get some pieces around him to help. Do you not agree with that?

No I don't agree with that. Not having Cook will hurt next year regardless what pieces are around him, I mean he's our best player.

I'm saying losing our best player will make a difference regardless who is and who isn't around him. Maybe I'm confused with what you're trying to say.

haha, I think so. My point is that if Iowa doesn't get some help in other spots around him, it's not ULTIMATELY going to matter much if Iowa has aspirations to play in the NCAA while he's at Iowa. I mean, he's been pretty good this year and the team is 4-14. His supporting cast absolutely matters. He is without a doubt, Iowa's best player and it's not close. His loss would make a gigantic impact on next year. Not a good one. But I am in the camp that says after a 4-14 year to any player that wants to leave - don't let the door hit ya. Iowa is 1000% better with him next season then with out him, but him staying doesn't change the other spots on the floor that are the glaring issues.

haha, I think so. My point is that if Iowa doesn't get some help in other spots around him, it's not ULTIMATELY going to matter much if Iowa has aspirations to play in the NCAA while he's at Iowa. I mean, he's been pretty good this year and the team is 4-14. His supporting cast absolutely matters. He is without a doubt, Iowa's best player and it's not close. His loss would make a gigantic impact on next year. Not a good one. But I am in the camp that says after a 4-14 year to any player that wants to leave - don't let the door hit ya. Iowa is 1000% better with him next season then with out him, but him staying doesn't change the other spots on the floor that are the glaring issues.

Oh OK yeah we are on the same page! It would be an impact for next year but I agree with you I don't think we're a Tournament team next year with him unless we add a much better supporting cast.

I would say the same thing if it was any other player wanting to leave....it doesn't matter. We are a 4-14 team with too many holes to fill that it doesn't matter who stays and who goes next year. Unless and until we have players willing to put forth the same effort on defense that they do on offense, who can show the ability to take a charge, who can show some semblence of toughness....then it ultimately doesn't matter....

I suppose there's always a chance he could leave. And several others, too. But didn't we go through this with C.J. Beathard about three years ago? Prognosticators on this very board said he was good as gone, and had information from "inside sources" to back up their prediction.

If Cook left, I'll make a prognostication. We'll have fewer dunks that any Division 1 team.

Latest posts