Tyler Cook Signs Two-Way Contract with Nuggets

I'm wondering if Beilein isn't just taking care of someone he coached against in the B1G? I would think the stakes are too high in the NBA but if you could sit somebody on the end of the bench, would you? TC is making a lot more money sitting on the bench. Plus he'll get his G Legue games in as well at some point. Intersting.

He's suiting up for the Cavs in the regular season? Seriously how can this be with all the flaws in his game? Can someone explain that to me? How is TC in the NBA right now when a year ago he was shunned for leaving and being no where near the NBA? I am not being a sarcastic with this post, I would really like to someone with more knowledge then I to explain it.

Beilein is clearly just trying to save face since he recruited Cook. Throwing TC a bone to sit on the bench where it doesn't matter helps the perception he knew what he was doing at Michigan. :)

Last edited:
He's suiting up for the Cavs in the regular season? Seriously how can this be with all the flaws in his game? Can someone explain that to me? How is TC in the NBA right now when a year ago he was shunned for leaving and being no where near the NBA? I am not being a sarcastic with this post, I would really like to someone with more knowledge then I to explain it.

Cavs have a ton of injuries. They need people, he's young, they are absolutely building for the future, they're taking a flyer on him. Once guys start returning we'll see how long he stays there but again, people on this board consistently underrated him.

lol

He may not be super smooth but he'e effective and fun to watch. Especially his passing game.

My favorite kind of player, very unselfish. Was really fun to watch - thanks for sharing. For each of those that work, I wonder how many don't? Probably not a lot or he wouldn't be playing :)

Do those younger programs use the smaller ball? I'm just curious because I grew up playing with a regular men's basketball, then had to play with the smaller ball in junior high. It really screwed up my shot.

Was going to like this until you said you weren't being sarcastic :(

My favorite kind of player, very unselfish. Was really fun to watch - thanks for sharing. For each of those that work, I wonder how many don't? Probably not a lot or he wouldn't be playing :)

He's unique in that sense for sure. He's gradually improved his stats each year he's been in the league too. Not the most athletically gifted but he knows how to play the game. He's the kind of big man that can stick for a long career.

He's unique in that sense for sure. He's gradually improved his stats each year he's been in the league too. Not the most athletically gifted but he knows how to play the game. He's the kind of big man that can stick for a long career.
I feel like a lot of times, athletically gifted is overrated. To me crafty is just as important, like Garza for example. A dunk is still only worth two points.

I feel like a lot of times, athletically gifted is overrated. To me crafty is just as important, like Garza for example. A dunk is still only worth two points.

Agree to a point on offense, yet can sometimes get exposed on defense.

Tyler has strengths, but does a terrible job of playing to his weaknesses. His end to end rushes would just exascerbate what he couldn't do.

I remember when Iowa played against Reggie Lewis at the beginning of Mr. Davis's tenure. You could see the NBA potential but unfortunately and tragically couldn't see the heart defect that would claim his life in the prime of his career.

Reggie Evans does a good job of matching the former Hawkeye you describe. Evans was a born rebounder, like Larry Smith to name one example.
Lewis? Oh shit him too lol

I'd have lost any bet with you all. I wouldn't have thought Cook would have been on an NBA roster day 1 this year. He may not end up playing but just having a jersey and being on the team is more then I'd have guessed he'd make. Great for him hope he makes the most of it.

TC got his first NBA action Saturday night in a Cavs win over the Pacers. He played less than a minute but got a defensive rebound for his first NBA stat.

The sky's the limit now.

Henson pulled a hamstring during the game as well. Unless they make another move, the Cavs will probably keep TC on the NBA roster for at least another couple of weeks.

With his two way contract he can be on the roster for 45 games before they have to make him full time or release him. He's a long ways from that.

The good news for TC is when he's on the Cavs roster he's making the rookie minimum salary, somewhere around $1M/yr, pro rated per game.

With his two way contract he can be on the roster for 45 games before they have to make him full time or release him. He's a long ways from that.

The good news for TC is when he's on the Cavs roster he's making the rookie minimum salary, somewhere around $1M/yr, pro rated per game.

I think it's 45 days not games. That's some nice cheddar to bring in for limited playing time.

I would guess TC spends plenty of time with the Cavs G League team, the Canton Charge. He needs playing time not pine time, with pro coaching.

Cook on the floor as I speak. Garbage time in Milwaukee. #21 for Cavs.

Cook with his first NBA points. He settles for steal and layup after nearly slamming down spectacular alley oop.

Last edited:

Latest posts