Tyler Cook Signs Two-Way Contract with Nuggets

Surprising, he was getting minutes in the preseason games. He wasn't setting the world on fire but he was playing. I thought he was safe with that two way contract.

I would guess, G League here comes TC..........

Has there been a reason to hop on a train for a Nuggets game since Dan Issel, Alex English and Kiki Vanderweghe were there?:)

Sadly no...

The House of Mutombo years at old McNichols Arena were kinda fun when I first got here.

Then I jumped on the Avalanche bandwagon...

I suppose the current team is pretty good...2nd best record in the West last year. Just not a big NBA fan like I used to be.

Last edited:
Sadly no...

The House of Mutombo years at old McNichols Arena were kinda fun when I first got here.

Then I jumped on the Avalanche bandwagon...

I suppose the current team is pretty good...2nd best record in the West last year. Just not a big NBA fan like I used to be.

Their big man Jokic is one of the least known stars of the league. Very skilled and well rounded. He's an elite passer for someone his size which can be fun to watch. They added depth in the offseason and are poised to be right up there with the Clippers and Lakers. Heck one could argue they could come out on top in the west due to their depth.

If you don't like watching the NBA crybabies and would like to watch a team that actually plays solid basketball, they are probably the best team to watch right now. Then again, if you're not a fan of the opposing teams' antics it could be rough lol.

I'm more of a watch some of the playoff games and that's about it type of NBA viewer. I mean at least they try on defense in the post season because the games actually matter. The regular season is just too irrelevant for me to follow too closely.

Their big man Jokic is one of the least known stars of the league. Very skilled and well rounded. He's an elite passer for someone his size which can be fun to watch. They added depth in the offseason and are poised to be right up there with the Clippers and Lakers. Heck one could argue they could come out on top in the west due to their depth.

If you don't like watching the NBA crybabies and would like to watch a team that actually plays solid basketball, they are probably the best team to watch right now. Then again, if you're not a fan of the opposing teams' antics it could be rough lol.

I'm more of a watch some of the playoff games and that's about it type of NBA viewer. I mean at least they try on defense in the post season because the games actually matter. The regular season is just too irrelevant for me to follow too closely.
You would think enticing a big time free agent to come to Denver would be a piece of (poppy seed) cake!

You nailed my watching habits of late. More of a playoff watcher.

Heck, about 5 years ago I turned off the finals as I thought they were unwatchable. This year I watched all the finals games.

Good for Tyler! That could end up being a decent landing spot for him. Perhaps Beilein will give him a shot in the league at some point.

Speaking of him, I'm interested in seeing how Beilein handles the NBA there in Cleveland. It's a completely different animal than the Big Ten. I took a look at their roster and only one player was born in the 80s (Kevin Love). That's a super young team so the players should at least listen to him better than having a team full of veterans that may not respect a guy with zero NBA experience.

I'd agree Cleveland is a much better spot for TC than Denver. Denver is a contender and loaded at the 4.

Since his two way contract was carried over he will get time on the court with the Cavs, how much remains to be seen. When you are a two way player your rights are controlled by the parent team. When just signed to a G League contract you can be brought up by any NBA team. But the money is lots better as a two way player.

TC was on the bench tonight for the Cavs on opening night. The Cavs lost to the Pistons and TC didn't get into the game.

Lmao

TC was on the bench tonight for the Cavs on opening night. The Cavs lost to the Pistons and TC didn't get into the game.
Not much they can do with him . He can’t shoot or dribble . The comparisons to Reggie Lewis is an insult to Lewis. Reggie was a decent defender and a tenacious rebounder. Two things TC has never been

Not much they can do with him . He can’t shoot or dribble . The comparisons to Reggie Lewis is an insult to Lewis. Reggie was a decent defender and a tenacious rebounder. Two things TC has never been
Tyler has strengths, but does a terrible job of playing to his weaknesses. His end to end rushes would just exascerbate what he couldn't do.

I remember when Iowa played against Reggie Lewis at the beginning of Mr. Davis's tenure. You could see the NBA potential but unfortunately and tragically couldn't see the heart defect that would claim his life in the prime of his career.

Reggie Evans does a good job of matching the former Hawkeye you describe. Evans was a born rebounder, like Larry Smith to name one example.

He's suiting up for the Cavs in the regular season? Seriously how can this be with all the flaws in his game? Can someone explain that to me? How is TC in the NBA right now when a year ago he was shunned for leaving and being no where near the NBA? I am not being a sarcastic with this post, I would really like to someone with more knowledge then I to explain it.

Latest posts