Twitter is buzzin' with rumors of Brennan Marion as OC

Instead of this lame ass trolling bullshit. How about having a real thought or opinion and get back with us.
The Faux Hawks are endless. Same group with hundreds of posts a day some days. Each one more revolting than its predecessor.

They are keeping these cards very close to the chest on this hire. We don't know who has said what to whom. So the assumption is our bumbling HC cannot even attract a candidate. I'm sure enough money is being thrown around to attract some smart people.

Whoever the new OC is, I think it will be important as fans (as hard as it will be...) to temper our expectations somewhat. No one is going to be able to come in and magically "fix" everything immediately. It will take time in terms of instituting new concepts, terminology, etc., and we also may need at least a couple of recruiting cycles to match players to the scheme. Of course, all of that assumes that Kirk will allow substantive changes, but as others have said, it's plausible that he will give free reign somewhat as long as the new coordinator at least has a similar philosophy. Kirk isn't stupid. He knows something has to change.

No, I did't say any of that. Our offense needs to be better and I am 100% all in for change and it needed to happen. I just don't know that I fully agree or think ALL of THAT really fell at Brian's feet. In fact, I would say he was a small part of the ultimate cog that was holding our offense back. But, OC was his title and he faced the music for it. I just don't expect an immediate spark or upgrade at the positon. I personally feel it was falling on the sword more than lack of his coaching ability. Whateves, he gone now. Iowa does not make offense a priority within their program, that comes from the top and I don't expect it to magically start showing up in the top half of CFB offenses...mostly because it's not built for that currently with our recruiting and talent make up.
I agree with you 100%

Instead of this lame ass trolling bullshit. How about having a real thought or opinion and get back with us.
I have many times and simply have different opinions at tines. The only trolls are people like you that get personal by attacking the same people over and over by not saying anything about football

If hawk fans could just read between the lines here. Wallace to BF’s position, brimg Phil up and then there’s OC. It’s more of a hierarchy than a democracy

All I know is after reading this thread it only makes it more painfully obvious that Kirk needs to retire or be removed if he declines. I understand that the last
caucus shows Iowa wants to have a king( only half kidding), but Iowa footballl's King needs to change or be dethroned.

All I know is after reading this thread it only makes it more painfully obvious that Kirk needs to retire or be removed if he declines. I understand that the last
caucus shows Iowa wants to have a king( only half kidding), but Iowa footballl's King needs to change or be dethroned.
?

..................signed Out Of L Field??

At this point Scott Frost might be a very real possibility.

KF is cringing marking off the boxes of the candidates above him when going down the list. He's poppin' gum like no other and his face is red as hell with his carotids pumping. He literally has the cold sweats. He's thinking as he's going down the list, "I don't want to get to Frost".

This while Mary's behind him rubbing his shoulders.

Whoever the new OC is, I think it will be important as fans (as hard as it will be...) to temper our expectations somewhat. No one is going to be able to come in and magically "fix" everything immediately. It will take time in terms of instituting new concepts, terminology, etc., and we also may need at least a couple of recruiting cycles to match players to the scheme. Of course, all of that assumes that Kirk will allow substantive changes, but as others have said, it's plausible that he will give free reign somewhat as long as the new coordinator at least has a similar philosophy. Kirk isn't stupid. He knows something has to change.
Don't hold your breath. It ain't changin' much...if at all.

Don't hold your breath. It ain't changin' much...if at all.
I don't think anyone is expecting major changes. Whoever he brings in will have to share some basic philosophical tenets: ball control, run/pass balance, maximizing TOP, etc. Kirk no doubt is stubborn, but he's also smart enough to know that he needs a better product on the field. To do so, he'll need much more effective offensive line and QB play, and route concepts that stress the defense and maximize leverage.

Will that happen? Hard to say, but either way it's going to take some time to judge. My point is that fans will need to be a little patient. It's already easy to visualize the inevitable meltdowns the first time we have a couple of 3-and-outs (though, admittedly, I'll probably struggle to resist the urge to join in... :cool: ).

I think KF has an NFL mind set. BT analysts continually say KF’s practices look like NFL camps. Always has, always will.
I believe that he will listen to NFL coaches far more than some college hot shot.
QB under center. Change up to shot gun. Play action with zone blocking inside/outside, with traps and counters mixed in. Run game a must. Tight ends a priority. Wide receivers better block. Corners better tackle. Power straight up blocking with fullback leads. Teams want to put 8-9 in the box? Shanahann teaches and demands that his O line needs to be able to run the ball anyway. Suck it up. That’s football.

Last edited:
And for God’s sake , play defense. Make the other guy one dimensional and place priority on field position. Not rocket science. And for the most part, that is what KF does. He ain’t wrong. Maybe that is why major changes won’t occur.

Latest posts