Twitter is buzzin' with rumors of Brennan Marion as OC

Zamboni08

15-20 current and incoming players + a handful of reporters have started following him starting last night.

And currently no one is actively squashing the rumors.

Well this definitely would be something different on offense. That’s what makes it seem unlikely, then again your program has been a national offensive joke for the last two years for a coach who is a very proud person. So who knows?

Many on social media expect an announcement by the end of this week. So we will see.

Interesting. His name popped up here and there early in the process, along with several others.

It would be a counterintuitive move, and one that would go completely against the grain for those that feel it's basically impossible for Kirk to go outside of his comfort zone. At the very least, it would be an eyebrow-raising choice.

If Kirk went with the up-and-comer, I was thinking perhaps Willy Korn, the OC at Liberty, but Marion is a very similar innovative young coach.

Condon, the morning DJ from WOLD, did his podcast about this. Still nobody says WHY he'd be a candidate.

After seeing the turnaround at UNLV as his first year as OC, bring him to Iowa. Better than hiring some old washed up turd or hiring from within bs, give the program an injection of youthfulness and fresh ideas.

Also rumors of Arkansas and Oklahoma going after him for OC… what’s the likelihood we’d actually score him over Oklahoma?

Wow, this would shock everyone. He is young, he is a ladder-climber, and his offense seems decidedly NOT pro style. I love the idea of it, but hard for me to see it actually happening.

But if he does end up coming, he might as well bring UNLV's 1,500 yard receiver with him.

After seeing the turnaround at UNLV as his first year as OC, bring him to Iowa. Better than hiring some old washed up turd or hiring from within bs, give the program an injection of youthfulness and fresh ideas.

Also rumors of Arkansas and Oklahoma going after him for OC… what’s the likelihood we’d actually score him over Oklahoma?
If this is true then we may as well keep trying to get Grubb cause neither one would happen. Why on earth would he turn down OU for Iowa? How much more $ would that take to do? Not that it matters Iowa isn't winning a bidding war with them if it came down to that either.

Not that long ago I thought I'd seen that Arkansas was bringing back that Petrino to be OC. No joke I'm pretty sure they did. I guess his face healed up and he's promising not to bang interns in the office anymore

I'm not buying this. Seems way out of KF's comfort zone. I can hear the big thud coming when they trot Philbin out there.

I hate to be the guy to suggest this, but is this the obligitory interview that Iowa must do in order to meet the diversity requirements in it's hiring practices? I am not even sure if this guy meets any diversity goals, but at least he is not 60 years old.

Eilkolt sp? Published an update for VIP only probably saying who’s not a candidate among rumors

Latest posts