Turner going all Harlem Globetrotter on Lil Lick

I have to admit, I had to rewind the DVR to take another look at that. Reminded me of the old play I'd use on my little brothers -- loft it over their head, catch it on the other side, and take it to the hole...

Hassel is probably wishing he would have waited a week to make his video, I'm sure he could have found a place for this highlight in it.

It represents the joke of the IOWA program to have a player so little respected that another would(and could) do that to him. Sad. Embarassing.

LOL! I bet if any of you were on the floor in that same circumstance Tucker would have went all globetrooter on you losers to. I hope you have a duaghter or a son that is picked on for doing their best but just because they don't look the part they get made fun of, you all deserve that much. Put yourselves in John's shoes and realize that all this BS about John is so low class.

LOL! I bet if any of you were on the floor in that same circumstance Tucker would have went all globetrooter on you losers to. I hope you have a duaghter or a son that is picked on for doing their best but just because they don't look the part they get made fun of, you all deserve that much. Put yourselves in John's shoes and realize that all this BS about John is so low class.

please...
loyalty to a fault.

I would rather concentrate on the beautiful left handed reverse layup that Lickliter converted after driving past 2 or 3 Buckeyes...but I tend to be a positive sort instead of a negative one! These guys are playing their guts out and getting better....the wins will come, then the negative nellies can scram!

WTF does that mean? I'm a loyal Hawk fan yes, but what is the point of acting like d-bags and showing no respect for the kid?

people are not mad at john, or making fun of HIM. it's the fact that he is getting significant minutes, which is a by-product of where the program has fallen to that people are so displeased about; to the point that some no longer care and have to laugh. and that does not mean that that section of hawkeye nation are not fans. it means they are fans that accept reality and choose to laugh rather than carry false hope.

Only when we get a new coach....this one is way over his head.

In my opinion you are wrong....I can see LOTS of progress over the past month in this team, and that is without Tucker on the court. Despite playing someone that everyone agrees should not be on the court, this team is progressing. Even the announcers at halftime said as much today. Lots to love about this team.....May, Gatens, Payne, Fuller......better days are on the not too distant horizon. Remove Turner from this game today....the Hawks win going away. (Turner will be gone next year)

people are not mad at john, or making fun of HIM. it's the fact that he is getting significant minutes, which is a by-product of where the program has fallen to that people are so displeased about; to the point that some no longer care and have to laugh. and that does not mean that that section of hawkeye nation are not fans. it means they are fans that accept reality and choose to laugh rather than carry false hope.

Turner went Harlem Globetrotters on several Hawks today. The fact he only did it to John one time was a good thing!

Turner went all-big ten and possibly all-american on several Iowa players but only went Globetrotter on one. There is a difference.

I don't understand why that play is such a big deal, the whole reason you fake a pass like that is to get the other guy to turn his head and lil' lick didn't, so to me that makes Turner look like a fool rather than lickliter.

I don't understand why that play is such a big deal, the whole reason you fake a pass like that is to get the other guy to turn his head and lil' lick didn't, so to me that makes Turner look like a fool rather than lickliter.

No, it was a joke. You don't try **** like that at the D-1 level unless you are being guarded by someone like Lil Lick. Iowa is now just a joke to opposing teams who play hard enough to beat them and that is about it. It is simply amazing how many people still have faith in this system, and it seems that no matter what happens they will stick have faith in Lick. When will it end?

black and gold - I'm with you.

Just as bad as Miller calling him a scrub on the radio. Low class.

In the scheme of Big Ten basketball, a player that has John's limited skill set does not belong on the floor for 24 minutes, under any circumstance other than only having five guys left because of injury of fouls. Never. Ever.

Using the term scrub, if I could do it over, I would have used a different term, but one that had the exact same meaning...the point is he has no business being on the floor in a Big Ten game for that long unless its emergency circumstances. He just doesn't. It's not John's fault, it' a symptom of where the program is at.

Since I said it, I said it. You can't go back and change that. But you know what the meaning of the term is, and on the face of that, make a case for why he deserves that many minutes on the court, especially being followed up by his father saying on Monday that he should have played him more earlier in the season?

Turner played globetrotter with the entire Iowa team.

But I suppose it's easier to pinpoint the coach's kid. It's pretty popular to do right now.

Latest posts