Turgeon done at Maryland!

Apparently just didn't win enough? I guess every school has it's expectations and standards
I was looking at his record, only 1 S16, multiple 2nd round exits.......so, a bit better than Fran, but pretty comparable overall.

I was looking at his record, only 1 S16, multiple 2nd round exits.......so, a bit better than Fran, but pretty comparable overall.

I'd say his Big Ten title in 2019-2020 is a pretty big separator - we're on our way towards half a century since having one of those...

$5 million to sit on my couch in my tighty whiteys, eat Doritos, and watch the Flintstones?

Sign me the F up for that.

No one would have to argue too hard for me to step down. Hmmm...work 80+ hours a week managing a B1G basketball team and travel non-stop, with people and reporters criticizing me 24/7, or take some cash and go somewhere and do some tv commentary as a dick job (he'll have to pay back his buyout if he coaches during the length of the contract he's voiding)?

$5 million to sit on my couch in my tighty whiteys, eat Doritos, and watch the Flintstones?

Sign me the F up for that.

No one would have to argue too hard for me to step down. Hmmm...work 80+ hours a week managing a B1G basketball team and travel non-stop, with people and reporters criticizing me 24/7, or take some cash and go somewhere and do some tv commentary as a dick job (he'll have to pay back his buyout if he coaches during the length of the contract he's voiding.
For sure severance pay in Major college sports is pretty good. If Fran had taken the Maryland job instead of Iowa he would be up to his elbows in Doritos

This feels Mr. Davis like.....he didn't have a bad record at Maryland. Stupid to run him off if it is for performance/wins/loses.

I'd say his Big Ten title in 2019-2020 is a pretty big separator - we're on our way towards half a century since having one of those...
I was going to mention B10 tourney titles, but Fran never won one, nor did Sturgeon. Kinda forgot (selectively) that that occurred in Stevies reign.

Yeah, it has been some spartan years for us for awhile. And thats why I wonder about other schools expectations. I guess Maryland won it all in 2002, and a final 4 the year before.........

Keep Rick Pitino the F out of this conference.

Senior.

He'd have them back in no time. This league is tough enough as it is.

Maryland is a good job(basketball). Access to a shitload of talent. They can be selective about who they bring in.

Latest posts